Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I know a few people who think that, especially about the Speciale, and I can see their point. We all draw our lines at different places in the sand. I've got a 308 and a 360 (manual), so I'm only half way through this series. The 458 really is a milestone. One of the things I love about the 360 is that the engine was the last in the line from the original 308. With the F430, the engine was finally really new. It went from 1975 to 2005, which is pretty epic. And the sound of the five-valve V8 with a CS exhaust is unlike anything else... except a 355 with a stock exhaust. :)

2. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I think I can agree with you about that. However, I'm still going to wait until I can see one in the flesh before having a fully formed opinion. I thought some elements of the F12tdf, Pista, SF etc. didn't make much sense to me (at first), but I changed my mind when I saw those cars in person. The right spec helps a lot, too.

iloveferrari and Doug23 like this.
  3. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Ala, now imagine if we don't have 488 in history, all Ferrari did was to give us F8 right after 458.

Then I would be very tempted to fork out the money, despite its funky rear.

sampelligrino likes this.
  4. F12B88

F12B88 Karting

Aug 16, 2013
    The F8 front on a Pista rear is dream car!

Roland1688, Makuono and Lesia44 like this.
  5. Dolcevita

Dolcevita Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 5, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Not sure if this was already posted.....

6. Pierlu99

Pierlu99 Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    I am getting use to the front of the car, but honestly i don't like the rear, it's just to much going on... I know this is a FL, but the side of the car is litteraly the side of the 488. Regarding the performance numbers, have they been conservative with the numbers to not get mad Pista's owners? Because i don't think for Ferrari make sense to release a V8 car that is slower than the Pista...

Anthony Capone likes this.
  7. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    You're not the only one.

Glynny, bobw, babgh and 6 others like this.
  8. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Agreed.

9. Motorwerks

Motorwerks Formula Junior

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Agreed...it looks like a 512M. Somehow that car never quite fit the Testarossa/512TR mold. It felt like a last ditch attempt to stretch a model out a few more years by grabbing items off a parts bin.

10. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    personally I prefered the spec than the cs and would argue it's also depreciation proof

11. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    I think the days of long-holding premiums for Ferrari are over. This is a new era with mass production hikes and a wider spectrum of buyers (SUV, Portofino updates, etc). The Pista, F8, and most future sub $500K cars will have shorter life cycles and faster overall depreciation vs. Ferrari of the Pininfarina days.

Roland1688 and Eilig like this.
  12. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    Yeah well the 512M was ugly as hell...that's what happens when you stretch an aging beauty too long....perfume on a cooked pig

13. Motorwerks

May 8, 2013
    Bloomfield Hills
    Full Name:
    Satish Tummala
    The 720S isn't a competitor to the 488 or the F8? Now you're seriously mad with an altered sense of reality...

14. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I like the new car better than the 488 just my personal opinion.. I also like the dash better it is a little F12 like.....
    I would prefer a PISTA but have already talked to my dealer and will get this car.. I think it will be a fine car... wish they put the speciale engine in it personally

anishka, Roland1688, uhn2000 and 2 others like this.
  16. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    My claim is not "factually erroneous". You can believe the Ferrari marketing hype all you want. I am well aware the chassis on the Port is "new", I understand a lot of the underpinnings and systems are "new", but they are essentially improvements on an existing design. Ferrari uses the term "new" very liberally and interchangeably with "improved" - however "new" and "improved" are separate and distinct terms in my book, and while the Port is a great car (I've driven one), it's by no means a clean sheet design, something a lot of us were hoping for - and were most certainly wishing for with a successor to the 488 - in the same vein the 458 was for the 430.

The 512M was a Special Series car. Just as the Challenge, Scud, Speciale, and Pista have all been. It was not a new generation in the model lineup like the 550 was.

17. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    LARRYH likes this.
  18. shazbat

shazbat Rookie

Feb 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ben P
    A car that has poor reliability and even worse quality control isn't a competitor to the level we see in a Ferrai or a Lambo. I've had x4 F car now and not one single fault, issue or reason to moan. Mac are many many many years off that kind of experience and you can't just own a car with an impressive spec sheet but not partake in the whole experience.

.... and all of this before we start talking about depreciation, oversupply, complete lack of secondhand demand and the problems with wait times on repairs and servicing.

The 720s is not even valid, period. Not even in the same world as a Ferrari product. No point even talking about it in the same breath as a 488/F8 unless you also mention bits of trim falling off, panels that dont' fit on delivery, doors that won't open, alarms that go off randomly whilst you're driving, corroded bonnet bolts, broken gortilla glass, turbo loop errors, window air leaks at high speed etc etc..

babgh likes this.
  19. F430 Driver

F430 Driver Formula Junior

Apr 23, 2008
    Central New Jersey
    I thought those were just features of the Mac's :)

20. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
  21. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    bluesea, anishka, WM458 and 9 others like this.
  22. Superfans

Superfans Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    Full Name:
    Superfans
    Thanks!!

F140C likes this.
  23. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    +1

The only Ferrari with an ugly ass Lexan rear window you'll catch me in is an F40

Ray

kandi, Mbutner and sampelligrino like this.
  24. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don't forget "way higher performance everywhere, all the time" :D You're drinking too much koolaid. You need a Pista to match the track performance of a 720S with the top down.

BTW, there are plenty of threads on here of people having bad experiences with their Ferraris. Heck these are just a few recent ones in the last couple weeks. It's widely known that McLaren are less reliable than Ferraris, just like Ferraris are less reliable than some other brands. The reality is though that the vast majority of both brand's cars are always fine with perfect build quality. And needless to say, McLaren has been hitting home runs since the 675LT. Pretty much all their cars are getting stellar reviews.

Pista paint flaking off
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/488-pista-paint-problems.591029/

Lusso disaster
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/gtc4-lusso-problems.592932/

Pista engine hood with paint cracked from the bolt
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146405312/

FF always in the shop, parts are slow to get, has become a chore to drive
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/posts/146478842/