Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    It's your word against Ferrari's and unless you have some evidence to back up your statement, I am inclined to believe the people who build the car.
    The 512M was the successor to the 512TR, not a Special Series car.

SRW_36, crinoid, wrxmike and 6 others like this.
  2. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm liking what I see in the dark colors. Looks a lot better from the front with dark colors. Not a huge fan of it in red, especially in the real life photos. Could end up being a color sensitive model.

TifosiGB and bwshihtzu like this.
  3. scuderia-seat

scuderia-seat Karting

Jan 27, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    late apex
    well, because you'll want to drive this and "collect" the speciale;

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    elmadi likes this.
  5. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    list of Ferrari owners that are "not pissed"
    360cs owners
    430 scud owners
    458 speciale owners
    488 pista owners

6. tickerhound

tickerhound Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2016
    IL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Seems like Ferrari ordered up a lifetime supply of that mesh trim and needs to find more spots to use it! Before anyone flames me, I own 2 F cars and have an 812 on order but the mesh seems a little overused.

7. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    I am wondering why Ferrari is copying Spyker? The 1 thing I will tell you is radiator heat flowing in from the front then exhausting over the windshield ends up in the cabin. Coupe no problem convirtible maybe not??? ;) Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. TJF

TJF Karting

Aug 27, 2011
    California
    Ferrari we are disappointed!

Two generations now that similar in design. I guess they're going the route of the Porsche 911.
    McLaren's coming on strong.

babgh and gqa like this.
  9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    buy a low mile CS and a higher mile 458?

roma1280 and Mbutner like this.
  10. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I own both a 720 and 488. Your post is delusional at best. Besides, we have enough threads here comparing the Ferraris to Mclaren's. Dont turn this into a pissing match between the cars, especially when you have no clue what you are talking about.

Just discuss the merits of the F8 and whether you like it or not.

JAM1, WM458, keithos27 and 9 others like this.
  11. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    agree

12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    The chassis of the Portofino is a clean sheet design and differences from California chassis are very obvious from comparing pics below.

Whereas the old chassis was an assemblage of extrusions of varying sections the new chassis is made of formed or expanded components:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

keithos27, stavura, SRW_36 and 6 others like this.
  13. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    I'm scurrying to put together the funds to buy a 355 and 430 scuderia... One day soon I think we'll look back at the "old" cars with much more love than this generation of cars.

SRW_36 and Makuono like this.
  14. arkone

arkone Karting

Nov 20, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Mo
    Can't afford a Pista, at least with the premiums or the hits required on other cars, but this F8 Tributo is about to open things up. Any guesses on pricing? I'm going with $300k ISH.

15. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    I've been looking ... low mileage CS and Speciale's are really hard to come by, specifically the Spider Variation.

markcs likes this.
  16. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    Dont buy a Cs spider??????

gsworld2014 likes this.
  17. dr_genious

dr_genious Karting

Dec 20, 2017
    Lucerne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Spoke to my dealer today. Will place a down payment next week and expect delivery in Q2 2020. Pista is history for me. Saved me a few 100k as well.

anunakki likes this.
  18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Only have had my new 488 GTB new for 6 months.

When I first saw the 488 GTB I fell in love with it . Frankly couldn't fault anything. Loved it 100%.

So the F8 is released. I like it but not at all in love with it. The rear meh. Why I do not like the little flap over the tail lights. Missing F1 leds, does it have DRS ? doesn't look like it. The PISTA rear end that I love . MUCH better than the F8.

Then F8 front bumper looks better than the PISTA but the 488 GTB has cleaner lines. The S-duct on the F8 looks like an after thought . The PISTA way better.

But at the end I don't like carbon. Looks plastic , feels plastic and is plastic.

I love a little luxury hence all leather. For me the 488 GTB is a dream . It just is. Lets see BB as ill never go to V6 don't care even if it has 1000 Hp

bobw, TifosiGB, babgh and 1 other person like this.
  19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You're not going to save a few $100k taking delivery of an F8 3-6 months before the replacement debuts... This is a very short term model supposedly.

20. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
  21. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    This car is great looking.

It is not pista nor speciale material.
    The level of details is not there. Performance though probably will.

The back looks like it does not belong to the car. Makes me think of last gens of SL mercedeses wherw front and back dont belong together.

The front of the car is gorgeous, the side great, back might be great but not with that front.
    Interior, they did a lazy job. Like they had spare vents from Lusso and 812.
    Its nice but not “new”, nor 720s next gen nice.

If they price the car, with all CF options, for much less than Pista, then it is a bad move Ferrari made to Pista owners.
    Id still rather own a Pista than F8, if money is no consideration.

If they price it for much less, that cheated feeling you get, you dont want to experience iy twice....

dmark1 and 09Scuderia like this.
  22. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    whyfornot ?

23. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I have real-world, seat-of-the-pants evidence. The basic platform is still the same, even if they have redeveloped the chassis and updated the exterior and interior styling. I've owned a Cali-T and I've spent considerable time driving a Port. I suggest you spend some seat time in both and make your own judgement rather than just relying on what you read. And again, I believe the Port is a fantastic car, but to me, it should have been the Cali-T (a second generation update).

The F8 will be no different. And that's a shame. Ferrari seems to be on trend to market the same vehicles redesigned and updated, labeling them as "new", in the hopes people will flock to the cars en masse' as they have in the past. But it's not enough. I - and others - want more. I was disappointed in the GTC4 Lusso as I would have happily traded up if it were a substantially better car than my FF. But the car is less visually appealing than my FF and doesn't offer a radically new driving experience. The market sees right thru this charade, perfectly evident in secondary values of these "model updates". Don't believe me? Take a look at GTC4 values. The Port will follow the same depreciation curve the Cali-T did.

They made more than 7,000 Testarossas. More than 2,000 512TRs. Only 500 512Ms. To me, that makes the 512M a special edition car. Check the values of all three models - the secondary market agrees with my sentiment.

SoCal to az likes this.
  24. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Because they don’t make a CS Spider !

gsworld2014 and of2worlds like this.
  25. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    In regards to exterior design, Spyker is definitely taking design language from Ferrari. The 3/4 panel side vent is borrowed from the LM, the 308, and then 360. All of those cars were arguably more beautiful and more timeless than the Spikester.

In terms of milestones which distinguish memorable sports cars, the spikester never won anything in terms of awards ( best engine) or endurance races like Le Mans.