Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Been looking at pics and Rosso Fuoco looks very similar to RP. I know it’s a triple layer paint and costs c. £15k but I’d be making a pretty strong case to my dealer that they should give it to me for the price of RP, to apologise for the delay....anyone looked into this colour? Would it arrive more quickly than waiting for RP?

2. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    I met someone from Dubai in Maranello that had his car delivered in December 2018: RP color.
    I just received noticed my car that is in RP will be complete by end of June 2018- that means delivery July/August.

Now the question is do you hold off another 1-2,months for 2020 if possible?
    Does the yr matter?

Also it’s possible I may have to put in a new build to do it- but less delay

Don’t know if lane assist etc (ADAS) will be added for 2020- not sure you can add anyway or whether it is that important.

tommygun64 likes this.
  3. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Just been told today my RP should be here end of March!

tommygun64 and KarlA69 like this.
  4. Bond488

Bond488 Rookie

Jan 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    BB488
    I was also just told that RP is moving to production. Late spring for mine - whatever that may mean....

tommygun64 likes this.
  5. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    I received good news on my Rosso Portofino car! My dealer in Houston has confirmed that the car is currently being painted and should be arriving soon. I ordered in Nov. 2017. I will be in Maranello for the owners factory tour in a couple of weeks and hopefully will be able to see it in production. We are also planning to drive around northern Italy and visit Portofino. Hopefully it will be fun.

of2worlds, tommygun64 and KarlA69 like this.
  6. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    delay thoughts

hi guys, just some idea.

Ferrari , do we really think problem in RP color has caused all this delay?
    I mean 9 month to wait a car is "funny" , 12 month it is a bit too much, for mine now they are telling 18_19 month ( this seems a bit toooo much )
    Im not happy at all, but, really the peoblem can be the painting?!

frankly i doubt it, if the problem was the painting they were pospone my car, and was building another one, this means when they solve the paint issue they start to make full RP production in delay ( if my ptoduction lot was taken by another car delivery , i can fill this production lot when RP is solved ).

but this do not happen, they solved the color , and still delay...

my doubt is probably Ferrari has sold too many car, they have a production space for 2000 and they sell 2300 = this is real delay; but i doubt someone will tell us , what can they say "sorry guys, we made some mistake in production lot planning?!" this would be a joke for Ferrari, especially now that they are on stock exchange market. ( sorry stakeholder we made a big mistake on planning...) :)

im sad, but i doubt they made a big planning mistake,
    waiting several month a luxury car it is part of the game, waiting 2 yrs a car make the dream become old before getting it.
    My luxury idea it is , i buy , i wait a long time, i get my car. ( fun )
    Now their idea of luxury it is : you buy, you wait till they want... probably u get your car ( not fun )

just to exchange some impression with u...
    the worst thing i still love F, but will consider a Lambo too:) (hoping their production manager works better than F ones )

ciao

7. luckyguy

luckyguy Karting

Nov 18, 2016
    venice italy
    thats the point.
    I hope F has a well controlled production plan, and they can not tell us the day of delivery?!
    we do not want to know perfect days , and hours... but at least the perfect month would be appreciated.
    ;)

8. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    My dealer confirmed today my car is due in April in RP colour (UK delivery). Very pleased!

So, for all those considering changing colour...hang in there... they are being produced!

tommygun64 likes this.
  9. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    I’ve just been told my RP car has gone Red10 this week, so not in production yet but getting close.

tommygun64 likes this.
  10. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    I speculate that there are a number of issues that in combination really pushed back delivery of the RP paint species cars. The main issue was problems with multi-layer paints and the low baking process. Then they were trying to fill ordered in certain markets before stricter emission standards were adopted making it where delivery’s were impossible without emission changes. Then with problems still apparent with RP cars it’s possible they pulled some orders forward ahead of RP species cars to keep production flowing. Also at a certain point it becomes obvious that you won’t be able to fill that order before next model year starts production.

To my mind Ferrari could have handled to problem better, and since it is now publicly traded could have done something to “save face” but as most people see Ferrari’s as unneeded luxuries probably prompted them to keep tight lipped and stumbling along the best they could. Though it’s never a good thing to alienate your customer base, statistics show Ferrari could sell more cars then it makes in a year, hence increasing prices for everything they produce, I doubt much will happen including an I’m sorry your car was produced late.

11. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I really want to try and get Rosso Portofino on my car, would be awesome to have that colour but I think we are looking at massive delay. Will see...

12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Have you placed order? They are producing that colour.. so if you’re in the mix... go with it, brother!!

13. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
  14. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    I have seen this picture above a bunch of times. It is the same one they are sending everyone. This is definitely a press car. Again, I will believe it when I see it. They keep saying cars are being delivered but I have yet to see one on the road. Please when someone receives there car post a picture in the group. I want to see a car without the standard rims painted in Rosso. Once I see this, I will then believe it is a customer car and not a press car.

15. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    All I can say is:

Picture 1 of the car in primer is different to my picture. However, I have seen a number of other pictures on the forum of the car in primer that are exactly the same as mine. I know the image is not may car as it had cut-outs for the enamelled shields on the front wings, an option I am not having.

Picture 2 is almost definitely a customers actual car. I'm having painted shields on my car and the image I received showed the painted shields through the clear window on the cover over the front wing. This indicates that each picture is of a different car.

16. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Sounds good. Please keep us updated with any new pictures you receive. I really want to believe they are starting to make customer cars but I just do not trust them yet.

17. willy wombat

willy wombat Rookie

Jan 20, 2012
    Sussex
    There is a thread on Pistonheads where a UK customer has posted pics of his Rosso Portofino car just delivered in the UK.

18. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well more updates on our RP car.
    It’s done! This came this morning and it’s ours.
    The car is Sabia, the door top half’s we wanted in sabia not black and if you look carefully we wanted the rear horse embroidered as well.
    The wheels look superb!!
    So end of March. It’s of to topaz in London for a complete wrap first.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Russ123

Russ123 Rookie

Nov 3, 2018
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Stu
    Looks amazing!

20. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    Early delivery cars tend to go to repeat customers first. It's the same with the 488 and 812.

21. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yep I will give you that one! This is the third new one we have bought.
    Will sit along side my 488 spider!

22. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    This picture above make me super excited. Hopefully they are now starting to arrive.

23. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    tommygun64 and Russ123 like this.
  24. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    FWIW, my order (August of 2018), which I changed last month from RP to Rosso Fiorano, moved from 10G to 10R about ten days ago, and this week went from 10R to 20 and then to 30 yesterday. Barring unforeseen circumstances, hoping to have the car by end of April. I suspect if I had stayed with RP, it wouldn’t be moving this quickly even if they are starting to do RP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommygun64 likes this.
  25. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Congrats on almost having your car!

I'm afraid you're incorrect about speed of RP production though... although I had to wait ages for mine to start (deposit paid Aug 17), I was told recently it would be done in April. Then today I found out it's finished and being shipped to the UK for delivery in the next 2-3 weeks!

Rosso Fiorano is a great colour and I'm sure will look awesome, but for others out there still waiting I'd say don't switch from RP!

tommygun64 likes this.