Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 54 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    iloveferrari - Continued attacks via PM. Upgraded to 180 day site ban.

2. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Since someone mentioned Geneva, is it just me, or the new Aston Vanquish concept (which will be a direct F8 competitor) looks more like a Ferrari than the F8? Damn, that car is beatiful and with elegant and beautiful lines and in the same time the F8 I think has too many curves, lines and corners...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

jamesdouglas1436 and Pocty like this.
  3. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name:
    Massimo
    Vanquish is a concept maybe first delivery 21 or 22 f8 is a really product, honestly i love Aston Martin but for the moment I’m confused with your product to many concepts....

Albert-LP likes this.
  4. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    the aston looks sad

TheMayor, stavura and crinoid like this.
  5. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Cockpit so narrow, almost like the Valkyrie. How realistic is this as a comfortable 2 abreast seating layout?

6. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Love the Aston. It has beautiful lines in the concept; hopefully they keep the real car as close as possible to the concept. I am in...

mkultra, rumen1 and 4th_gear like this.
  7. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Typical Britt. Lolol

8. MassAppeal

MassAppeal Karting

Mar 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Mass Appeal
    There are two vids of (Schmee is one and Catchpole is the other) inside the Aston Martin AM-RB003 with a guy from Aston Martin. The person said it was supposed to be wider and offer a more comfortable ride than the Valkyrie. About 100mm of space between the two occupants, was what required. And you could clearly see that there was more than enough space between them. So one would assume that since this new Vanquish will be a series production car, that they will take a cue from the AM-RB003 in terms of space. That blue car that is shown, has no real interior, just some seats, steering wheel, and a floor that comes up to the dash and goes straight to middle of the seats. So it gives the impression that there is something there.

2021 Aston Martin Vanquish

jamesdouglas1436 and NürScud like this.
  9. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The F8 as a “tribute to the V8 engine” implies this is the last of the mid engine Ferrari V8s.

This explains why the F8 is not at all a design departure visually or technically. Ferrari is saving the true new look and new technology for the mid engine sports car replacement for the Ferrari V8 platform. That car will almost certainly be a V6 hybrid, something that Ferrari’s competitors have apparently known for a long time.

I also don’t think they will add another model to their lineup because too many models will only confuse the market, ruin the brand, ruin profits and cost a lot to make for nothing. There is no profit in adding a cheaper cannibalistic model especially if they mean to limit production volume at the same time.

Anyway I think the true allure to the F8 is that it will be the last mid engine Ferrari V8. I suspect it will have a short production run dictated by how the factory perceives its competitive market develops over the next 2 years. They cannot delay hybrid technology too long due to pressure coming from fully electric cars.

As for the AMs, I like the Vanquish which looks sharp and fresh.

Automoblog, daflk, anunakki and 3 others like this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari have said F8 will be a normal production cycle ,so expected to run until 2022 when it will be replaced by the V6 Hybrid TT,around the same time as the Vanquish.

As you may know the V8 Hybrid TT (Big Brother..) will be unveiled around May 2019 at a much higher price point than the F8 ,on a completely new platform.This will also be a regular production model, not limited edition etc.

MANDALAY and of2worlds like this.
  11. fxbianca

fxbianca Karting

Apr 7, 2004
    Stuart FL
    Full Name:
    Frank Conidi
    I’m in love. Was going to move up from my 458 to 488 however will be calling my dealer tomorrow to see when I can place an order. Any idea when the car will be available in the US. I hear price in the 250 to 270 K range

12. DMantooth

DMantooth Karting

Dec 24, 2018
    Base price is just shy of 300k.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

13. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Best thing about the F8 appears to be that 'anyone' will be able to buy one,without having to jump through the crazy dealer hoops BS.

Coincid and Actualizer like this.
  14. John458

John458 Karting

Nov 24, 2014
    Ohio
    So true! Most Ferrari owners have a better chance in making money with Ferrari. (RACE) stocks than the car itself!

Viperjoe likes this.
  15. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    The front looks a bit daffy duck to me.

16. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Yes. It's floating - missing some structure and substance to lower the visual center of gravity.

Uninspired lights don't help - look like sad puppy eyes, ha-ha.

Overall though pretty nice, if somewhat plain, and like the 720 looks to be "inspired" by decade old 458 with the arched character line below the beltline and overlapping humps over the wheels.

Juvendude and stavura like this.
  17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    That AM looks generic to me. The F8 looks like "a Ferrari"

18. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    polishhammer83 likes this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    True why would one get 488 when F8 is available?

Sent from my 16M

20. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    F8 deliveries in Q1 2020, rather Q2 if placing order now - so in the mean time unless you have a Pista on order what you'll get will be a 488; I think in these conditions it may be more effective to go for a used one though.

21. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I think they stopped taking orders for 488, only 488 Spider still available.

Albert-LP likes this.
  22. kane00

kane00 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 4, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Tough to tell from the pics but what’s the actual redline?

23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Manzoni has been doing 'tributes' to past cars/designer's exclusively for some reason. The F40 rear windshield should have gone on the Pista but they needed it to lower the F8 weight since it had the carpets and not the Pista. Still no fresh design for Manzoni is noted.

Don't think this means anything really. Still will have the V8 for years with the BB and it will be much faster with the hybrid. Also, with the full production cycle mentioned for the F8 (not 2 years) there will be plenty of time for the Spider and VS versions and any one offs so far from the last. Last means more with milestones like cars built under Enzo or even LDM or last manual shift or last NA or last car with Pininfarina body IMO. Today's buyers care more about performance so having a V8 hybrid will not make the F8 versions alluring to most IMO.