NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 11 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    yes, looks like the BB has classic ferrari silhouette. even wearing an enveloping jacket, you can asume by looking at the photos of the test-mule. If you look closely.. There are lots of details hidden underneath the jacket. If Monica bellucci wearing a burqa- you can't tell what is underneath it!. By the way the mclaren720 and speedtail also look like space ship, ugly space ship.

2. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017
    I agree with Ferrari 308 GTB......when I first saw the BB I thought it looks like a Mac OMG....this is just personal reaction. But for somebody else looks like a spaceship....likely taste are different! I hope to be wrong when I will see it in the flesh....
    if you look carefully to the spy shots you can notice the horizontal front lights and on the back the four square lights

btw it doesn’t have carbon hulll
    it has 1.000 hp V8 TT+hybrid
    it will cost approx 600k euro probably w/o options
    it is not a limited car but normal run untill there will be Customers will order it
    there will not be a special series like Pista or Speciale

wait May!

F140C, MANDALAY, tekaefixe and 7 others like this.
  3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    I am ready to bet the passenger cell will be carbonfibre.
    It's allowed by the new modular platform.
    If BB doesn't have carbonfibre passenger cell , I wonder which future Ferrari would deserve it ?

4. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    You raise an interesting question ... will all the Icona models be priced at a small fraction of the current market values of their original classic inspiration, therefore creating a compelling value proposition on that basis?

That's a good question. And it makes sense. But I say no. Let me tell you why.

1. Operating Principle To Rule Them All -- Ferrari has a stated goal and mandate to DOUBLE profits within 3 years. That is a Herculean task they can only achieve if they leave absolutely nothing on the table and create products which hundreds of customers will pay a kings ransom for. So go through your mental catalog of the most iconic classic Ferraris of all time. Your top 5 'If I was a billionaire Ferrari collector' cars. Yeah those. Ferrari is making Icona models 'inspired by' those. Because that's easy pickings and that's what they want ... fat, juicy bankable profits.

2. Name the 2 most iconic Ferraris of all time. Which pop into your head immediately?
    That's right 250 GTO and F40. Those ARE the most iconic Ferraris of all time full stop.
    250 TR and LaF I would argue are 3 and 4 but the first two... there is no argument possible there sorry.

3. Therefore ... F40 Icona is coming. Bet it. Here is some more logic and math because who doesn't like those things ... Ferrari dealerships are located where there are tons of rich people. Thousands of millionaires in the vicinity. Each dealer has hundreds of clients in various orbital heights of net worth and enthusiasm. Now the math. Best Ferrari design and engineering thinking they can muster modern F40 with 1,100 bhp. Absolutely destroying a LaFerrari. Giant wing on the back. CF everywhere. Extreme body panels. Bad as all get out. 1,315 pieces. 188 dealerships worldwide. Allocation of 6 to 7 each dealer. $1.7-million. You don't think they can sell all those cars in a week? You're mistaken. Yes even at more than the classic that inspired it.

4. Let me tell you where your logic MAY apply. It wouldn't be on an F40 Icona. Where it would apply is on an Icona 'inspired by' the 250 GTO. Front engine V-12 from 812. Three air vents on the front. Gills on the side. Two elegant round tail lights. The rest of it a modernized blend of curves, beauty and aggression. Ferrari can get $2.5 million for those and they will sell out of all 499 pieces in a month at 2 to 3 cars per dealership. BECAUSE they are a fraction of current original GTO prices and BECAUSE the 250 GTO is THAT iconic. They could probably pull that off with an Icona version of the 250 TR as well. But that's it. No other Ferrari is iconic enough to get $2mm+ for unless they limited it to extremely low numbers as in 50 or less but why would they do that when they can sell 499 at $1.7-million all day long versus 50 at $2.5-million.

Thecadster, JagShergill and F2003-GA like this.
  5. maha

maha F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2014
    dinajpur, bangladesh
    Full Name:
    mahmud
    what do you mean by '' you saw the BB''. A real car? Photo of the car? Or simply referring to the test-mule.
    And what about a race version of it. Will it get an xx version? It may race in fia wec hypercar class if ferrari intend to join the category. At least they are in the group who are pushing for a road car based formula and fia approved it few days ago.

of2worlds likes this.
  6. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    I saw all the evolution of this car since the first ideas, the whole package exterior and interior make this car look like a "spaceship" as I told since the begining, of course this is my personal opinion to make you at least imagine the very general idea.
    Im sure most of you here will agree with this when see the car in couple of month more. For obvious reason I cant say more, so that word I think it resume very well how you will perceive it when you see it.

Special Series for this car? Ferrari has prepared something different this time.

Luque, paulchua, Doug23 and 13 others like this.
  7. ppg70

ppg70 Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2017

I agree.....it's a perception issue. in fact according to the person that was with me it looks like a spaceship........specially the rear part and the cut of the roof but in my opinion mirrors looks like more 992 than the ones I will put on a spaceship aka like LaF.
    Also the 720 looks to me like a spaceship....this is why probably I had this reaction :)
    btw It will be amazing....the first hybrid serial production car with 1.000 hp and half price of LaF. What else?

all IMHO

Special Series.....yes something different!

F140C, of2worlds and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Hopefully with a roof this time!

BB sounds like a future success story for Ferrari again. No doubt thanks to more Flavio Manzoni design 'Magic' backed up with futuristic engineering!!!

JagShergill likes this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Since there is no objective measurement of how iconic something is, anyone could argue for any model they fancy.

F140C, stavura, kandi and 1 other person like this.
  10. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Hold on you're going too fast ... does anyone have a pen? I'm trying to take some notes here.

Ok can you start again please ... what were you saying ... oh yes I think you were saying in effect that if something is subjective ... people can argue it either way... do I have that right?
    I want to make sure I have it right because this is breakthrough stuff here that you're saying.

WM458 likes this.
  11. nads

nads Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2008
    London, UK
    Here we go again, another perfectly good thread is about to get derailed.

Sarcasm at its worst..........o_O

12. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    a more basic problem with the modern interpretation of the classic designs is those were relatively tiny cars. The modern cars are much larger so the fine details of the classics are lost on the huge expanse of most new cars. Note how clean the Monza SP1 looks with very little design detail.
    With BB the details will be quite clean to with aero sensitivity...

Shadowfax and day355 like this.
  13. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    Four square lights at the back? I have to look again at those spy shots.

One more thing. I wonder, will it have butterfly doors like Enzo or LaF? I cannot imagine getting onboard of the spaceship and closing the canopy by slamming doors like in every other car ;) If BB wants to ask premium price, it has to 'feel' premium.

Shadowfax, 355TDI and Forza Scuderia like this.
  14. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Let his suggestions stand and make your own No need to argue about which car deserves Icona status o_O

15. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Is it me or does this BB spy shot reveal the backside window similar to spider versions of 458/488 o_O
    Could the BB come standard as a spider ?? since cost differential is not that much between coupe
    and spider they might as well make it a spider for the half million base price they plan to charge ??

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. therryzsx

therryzsx Formula 3

Dec 2, 2011
    so all this new mid-engine Ferrari will have scuderia look like exchaust pipes?

17. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Why no damn carbon fiber tub? At least the tub since asking for the damn chassis is too much...

18. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    I think it could be similar to the Testarossa engine cover and window design. Similar to the Spiders design-wise but still a coupe.

19. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
    Speaking of Testarossa.....Could it be the next Icon or future Icon?

20. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    I personally believe it will spawn the "Icona" rebirth of the F40, and that will break the 1000hp ceiling or, at least, get very close to it.

Doug23 likes this.
  21. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Apparently looks like it

22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I think you're correct and they'll make it movable so one can listen to the sound

red passion likes this.
  23. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    Sure the Testarossa could be an inspiration for a future Icona model. I think we still have to learn what the Icona pillar of Ferrari’s portfolio really means. Taking inspirations of past cars can be made in different ways. One time you could just take inspiration from the design, the next time from driving behaviour, technical features or even a broader general idea like open barchetta-style which was recently done with the Monzas. The key question is which cars from the past have certain attributes that are iconic and thus worth taking inspirations from. Besides the Testarossa being the last non limited V12 rear-mid-engine production car from Ferrari the most iconic attribute certainly is the design. But then again is a modern V12 rear-mid-engine car with reinterpreted design cues from the Testarossa worth of being an Icona? I’m not sure. A barchetta-style car like the Monza is something really different and special. An Icona F40 will have the potential to take inspirations from so many attributes like rawness, sharpness, brutality, lightness and of course design just to name a few.

polishhammer83 likes this.
  24. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    X0p5

25. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name: