1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs | Page 2 | FerrariChat

1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs

Discussion in '360/430' started by #PoweredbySpeedDigital, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    It does not bother me that they changed the car but I personally think they killed the value of it

DirtyScud, ChipG and Dave rocks like this.
  2. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’m just anxiously waiting for proper track vids or exciting street drives. What it sells for, who’s trying to buy it, who’s trying to sell it etc... is none of my business because I’m not trying to buy it.

I’ve seen worse done to Ferraris and I’ve seen worse $300k+ Ferrari purchases. Seller is trying to make a quick buck. Can’t fault him for that. Better marketing execution is all I suggest. Seller is coming off as sketchy. Confidence must be instilled if you want a premium. Get the videos/info out first, then focus on the sale. Let the car speak for itself.

one4torque likes this.
  3. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    2:36 at COTA? All due respect, that is slow for a Scud so wouldn't use that as a high point for the conversion. I am sure the experience is more engaging vs. pulling paddles, but a reasonably well driven CS gets 2:35 on street tires and 2:30 with DOT R tires...

4. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Street tires and first time on track bud...id like to see a pro driver on r compounds. Anthony was running 2:30 during challenge races in a 458 challenge car.. what am i missing here? Pro drivers anyone out there want a run? Ill slap some r compounds on it.

driller1 and 360trev like this.
  5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    OMG. Please stop. Why are F1 cars not manual? An F1 system is advanced technology. This is just silly. I understand the gated desire but don't try to spin it as a technology advancement

ChipG and Flea7 like this.
  6. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I did two pro races, does that count? I'll need reimbursed for travel, of course

7. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    No one is spinning anything as a technology advancement. Youre spinning this in your own head.

driller1 and one4torque like this.
  8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I'm not. You guy are acting like you found the secrets of the planet. Removing what is often referred to the greatest feature of a SCUD is just crazy. But I do understand why people think this way even though I disagree.

Flea7 likes this.
  9. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    I dont care for DCT or F1 or Automated Manuals, PDK or SMG... i also dont like Air Jordans... im happy with my payless shoes and my manual cars... i like a challege, no traction control and a good old shift lever. I dont doubt the f1 in a scud is faster. But id love to see a comparison. As do a good amount of other people who show a great amount of appreciation for this build that are not on this forum.

driller1, 360trev and Tarek307 like this.
  10. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Didn't you also find "the greatest secret in the planet" your sticky button removal for thousands of dollars? You guys need to stop trying to knock this car when you haven't even driven it, and maybe you don't see the awesomeness of a manual but many sure do and will pay a huge premium for it..

11. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    And women buy $15,000 purses...o_O

12. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    Wait... what? Really?

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Every one has their own taste. To each his own. And plenty of FCHAT members do support it.

14. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    #39 ///Art, Mar 15, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Why would we just take a loss and give up the car? So it can get parked somewhere? Last minute, no content, no proof it works.. now we are getting the opportunity to let people drive it. Over the weekend, we had a fella from Oklahoma who owns a 2008 Scuderia Coupe and an 09 16M and he was blown away. He also owns a base gated spider and said how the SF gated shift is in a whole different league.

15. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ...again, not saying a manual isn't more fun, it's just slower than an F1 equipped car. If you buy the Scud as a track weapon, why make it slower? BTW 2:30 during races - irrelevant - check qualy times.

BlacktopRacing likes this.
  16. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    I dont get paid to race, as most dont so the enjoyment factor is huge. Anyone can pull their fingers forward and let the computers do all the work. F1 vs Manual in an "ideal" perfect setting yes F1 all day. Theres other variables, not every driver is the same, car set up, engine tuning may be plus minus 5% in the same class/build, tires may be hotter, pressures, 1 driver may weigh 10 pounds lighter, "driver mod" comes into play. Theres plenty of videos out with f1 and manual cars on the track. We dont live in the perfect world. But i sure as hell would love to see Randy Pobst at COTA run my car and an f1 scud. Would be awsome to see. On the flip side, i know id run another 4 to 5 seconds faster in my manual m4 vs the scud. Cant complain about 2:36 on street tires with a TW of 300 and Temp A when the rest of the guys are on P Zero Corsa TW 60 triple A. And that was the 3rd lap in 3rd session after running hot all day. Tire pressures spiked to 45 psi. Im happy.

Attached Files:

driller1 and 360trev like this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    The same logic can be applied to the 16m. The 16m is 1.5 secs slower around Fiorano than the Scud coupe. So according to your logic, you can ask, “Why would someone buy an open top Scud (for twice the price) as a track weapon, when the coupe version is faster?” Obviously, you don’t see 16m owners being ridiculed here for buying one.

The answer to the question is simple: People buy what they buy because they find the experience to be more enjoyable. The lap time is secondary.

driller1, Mikael-F360, APA#1 and 3 others like this.
  18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Hey, remember the thread way back when in which several people claimed this car was vaporware? And it took me about five minutes, a couple of PM's, and a few seconds on Google to find out it was a reputable shop right here in SA who were doing the conversion? Good times.

And now that it's been done, it's some kind of sacrilege to convert the car? Do you think someone who wants this conversion cares about the resale value? I can tell you I don't, because I'd like to see what they can do with a 612. The resale value would only be an issue for the executor of my will. :)

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves. This was an awesome project, and it has evidently turned out spectacularly.

driller1, Tarek307, cpep and 2 others like this.
  19. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Pobst
    Clarkson
    Smoking tire

Get one of these guys in the mt and auto car same track same day.... and get content.... or better yet let them use this concept for their content.....

Either way you don’t have a pulse if you don’t want to see this happen.

And I guess it’s just a sign of the times that ‘gentleman’ drivers owners of f cars personally attack fellow car enthusiasts.
    Let it go. You will be a happier healthier being.

driller1 and cpep like this.
  20. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    He would be faster in the F1 equipped car, given same tires, pressures, alignment, and assuming no mods to either car.

I love gated manuals because they take me back to a bygone era, but I don't miss them. Same goes for rotary phones, transistor radios, and tube TVs.

Danedingerson and Dave rocks like this.
  21. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    I agree.....

22. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    blacktop - I agree if you are talking about the latest greatest f1 trans tech...... but 5-10 yr old f1 trans tech is old now and will continue to become out-dated compared to the new stuff....... like an old iphone it get's phased out.

a gated car stands the test of time...... because it's up to you the driver.

in any case....... get this comparo going! pop-corn and micro-wave ready.... oh and some kleenex for the haters to wipe their sweaty brows ;)

23. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Anyone have contact with any of those guys? Had a few emails back and forth with Randy but i think hes busy instructing at COTA this weekend.

24. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I think you're missing the point though... Even a 15 year old F1 single-clutch automated transmission shifts faster than humanly possible, which is relevant to the comparison Art is proposing.

Dave rocks likes this.
  25. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    A case could be made that you are missing the point. It's not about how objectively fast an F1 versus manual can shift, it's about the quality of engagement of the different experiences. When I gave the son of a lawn care crew a ride in my 360 (He was fourteen back then), all he asked about was the manual - Is it hard to learn a manual? What kind of car is good to learn a manual in? It looks like so much fun to shift! He didn't even have a license yet, but he saw how cool the manual experience is. I don't care how fast and smooth a 458 with a DCT shifts, or that it can wipe the floor with my 360 stick, because it won't give me the sense of engagement and satisfaction of a manual. Anyone who appreciates this conversion likes it for that very reason.

driller1, Dr J and ///Art like this.