SCUD pricing guide | Page 87 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    You wouldn't have that problem if you just acted a little nicer. Speaking of which, you are teetering on the ban borderline.

2. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Its hilarious it just keeps going on and on. The Scuderia to my taste is a beautiful looking car and for a 10+ year old car is amazing although I really have not had a chance to really drive the car as yet, however I have no doubt in my mind that the Performante will be a better drive and faster in every way. Not saying I wont love the 430 but the world moves very quickly as does the progression of supercars. Christ the 720s is the fastest thing going in a straight line but after speaking with a guy on my way to the UK who has the current GT2RS said that he felt the Mclaren was trying to kill him at every input. Heah I hope our Scuderia cheerleader is right and these cars will increase in value. But I also would like an endless supply of beer in my fridge that I never have to replenish or pay for.

Sky Hye likes this.
  3. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    #2153 leopoldo, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    I am also very jealous of my scud that is a rosso corsa with OEM stripes , gold wheels , red cal, carbon front and back , no crash and fsh with 2,5k miles but what could be the right price for it in Europe ? The car is perfect. Just for know.. thanks

4. Bruce

Bruce Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2004
    Jamie, I just saw your post. I would recommend that when your son is old enough and has his drivers license, you let him drive the Scud. Last year, when my son was 17 we were out for a drive, I pulled over and asked him "do you want to drive?" The smile and gleam in his eyes was priceless. Now, whenever he is with me, we split the driving duties. I have to admit though, it is difficult to be a passenger in your own Ferrari. All said though, I'm not yet ready to just hand him the keys and let him go off by himself.

5. Sky Hye

Sky Hye Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 2, 2017
    SoCal
    Very true. There is a certain maturity and judgement ability that comes with age. Plus the inflated ego generally fades, which as we know gets us into trouble constantly as it is. There’s only a select few I trust with my scud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Swissoz

Swissoz Rookie

Jan 14, 2019
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Thanks for the advise Bruce. Its funny how 8 year olds think. In his mind the Ferrari is louder and faster than the Huracan, but I can honestly say that it is well and truly quieter, but in his words as he was travelling in a car in front of me when I passed him in a tunnel in sounded like Godzilla was coming for them. Hilarious. But you can imagine what it sounds like in a long tunnel when a car blasts bast you as WOT at 140mph:):):):):)

7. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
  8. scuderia09

scuderia09 Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2007
    I won't sell the Scuderia ,it a better car any day then 599 GTO , scud. price is going to sky rocket

9. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    At least you’re consistent hahaha.

LARRYH likes this.
  10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    LARRYH likes this.
  11. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have been where you are at and did sell my Scud a couple of years ago to buy a 599 GTO which i love but hate to say just purchased a scud to add to my 599 GTO... that was one car i did regret selling...
    your car is very nice... best of luck

Themaven and ShineKen like this.
  12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    So which one's better? 599 GTO or Scud?

13. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Scud

LARRYH and ShineKen like this.
  14. leopoldo

leopoldo Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2013
    Full Name:
    mark1
    I know ...is a great car but sometimes in the life you like to “ change “ , I think that who will buy my car for this price ,with so less miles ,will do a great deal.

LARRYH likes this.
  15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I agree ... The 599GTO is a wonderful car and if I could only have one it would be the GTO...but I decided I missed my scud and decided to get another ... If I could have gotten the pista I would have gotten that but prefer the scud over the special.......so a new scud will be sitting next to my GTO in a few days...............

plastique999 and ShineKen like this.
  16. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    will let you know two different cars.... I like the GTO....but will like the scud as a different car....so which is best.
    both.....
    I have always felt the scud had the best looking back end of any recent Ferrari ...and the best sounding V8.....

stocker85 and ShineKen like this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    People like to hop around different Ferraris to find what they think might be missing. Sometimes all you really need is a slight change to the car, like a proper exhaust modification and it will feel like a different beast. It will certainly sound better than any new Ferrari coming out, you can bet on that.

LARRYH likes this.
  18. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Stock for stock, the Scud sounds 10x better than a 355. Put a proper exhaust modification on both (X-pipe on Scud & Capristo on F355), the F355 still sounds about 25% better. I'm lucky enough to have both, so I'm good in the Ferrari sound department :).

I agree with the Scud rear. Still fire till this day without looking like it's trying too hard.

I do think the GTO looks like a much more expensive car. Given the right color combinations and accents, looks like a million bucks. How it drives? I have no clue. Have never even sat in one.

Sky Hye and LARRYH like this.
  19. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Pics!!!

Sent from my 16M

LARRYH likes this.
  20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Agreed, on both my 16M and Speciale, stock exhaust sounded anemic and too low in tone. Added exhaust to both cars and it wakes up the car making it come alive!

Sent from my 16M

ShineKen and LARRYH like this.
  21. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    What exhaust did you put on the 16m ...the car i bought is sock but has a capristo switch which sounds very nice

22. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    It's an S-line X-pipe. A mandatory upgrade to any Scud/16M

plastique999, LARRYH and f355spider like this.
  23. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    This!

Sent from my 16M

rennspeed and LARRYH like this.
  24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Nice sound... ...cars look great also

plastique999 likes this.
  25. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have to add my SCUD arrived yesterday and man oh man it is an awesome machine... I only had time to drive it a few miles but it sounds and drives just like I remember and the solid shifting trans and tremendous ... more later once I get a full paint correction and detail.......really a great car..