Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 62 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I believe it's 8000

2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Ferrari says 7000 on their man site ...so i assume that is correct.

3. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Anyone else notice how the rocker panels protrude to a point, just as they terminate in front of the rear tires? The design is striking, for sure. Surface detail is significantly more complex and quite busy when compared to the 488. Can't wait to see it in person. It seems more dramatic in its road presence than even the Pista, which is saying something indeed.

4. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #1529 Shadowfax, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    Yes looking at the vid it certainly has road presence and is indeed very striking - as you say equally as striking as a Pista IMO which does tend to lean/rely on the stripe to a degree, in comparison.
    Both are in ways equally as fussy as oneanother you could fairly say.
    F8 spec’d up right in the right color and option combo could well knock Pista off its perch as the better allround package even though Pista should hold its value better - although thats yet to be seen.
    I will be keen to read the reviews which may be the ultimate tell all insofar as which is the superior drive. Im certainly keeping an open mind at this stage in the game even though i have questioned the look on occasion.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the video. Yes is sounds very good at idle and little revving. Everytime is see it now the more I want it, Ferrari really nailed it again as always, there is no other carmaker that can accomplish this (just producing one beautiful car after another), I suspect this will be universally loved design wise.

As for performance, for me it's getting ridiculous anyway with this hp race and would rather see Ferrari focusing on the driving experience rather then having the bragging rights on 0-200 and other straight line parameters and lap times parameters. I mean even if the F8 would have less than the claimed hp numbers I would (try) to buy it in a heartbeat if the driving experience is intact (drives as good as 488 and sounds better or as good at least).

6. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari has begun to post some vids, sound and pictures on their web site - so apart from pricing (and road / track tests) there is now quite a lot of info available.
    It's amazing that according to Ferrari the engine of the F8 delivers the same power as the engine of the Pista but at 1000 rpm less (7000 vs 8000) - that should make it even more usable, because both are rated for a max rpm of 8000 (which would mean that on the Pista you'd virtually never get the full power, because when yiu get it it's time to change gear).
    I also wonder if they kept this limited torque/power configuration depending on the gear (like on the 488 and Pista if I'm not mistaken, meaning that you get the full power only in 7th gear).

Initially I almost hated the rear part and was questionning the appeal of the package vs my 488 GTB but after seeing it twice for real (in Geneva and at Paris dealership) and looking more at the features the truth is that I now really think it deserves to be considered...

7. elevated velocity

Feb 9, 2019
  8. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Mc did a similar thing on the 650/675 (kind of):
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

More triangular, going up to the headlights, instead of sideways. Certainly a very nice design, even if I don't really mind the two fins/"teeth" on the F8.

9. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Personally I think the car looks great, I’m even warming up to the wheels. I’ll try to get on a list to order one......

of2worlds, stavura and racerdj like this.
  10. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    I’m glad they did not do that. The boxes don’t bother me but this looks overdone to my eyes...

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

of2worlds, ScottS and Juvendude like this.
  11. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

#1536 Viperjoe, Mar 23, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
    I’m not going to pick the F8 apart piece by piece, but I will say than the design is overly and unnecessarily complicated. A Ferrari emulating a Maclaren or a Lamborghini. A vast departure from tradition as well as the simple yet stunning elegance of the F8’s 458/488 predecessors.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

day355 and boobernackle like this.
  12. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    My same thoughts too. Disconnect the exhaust vacuum lines, insert golf tee's and get that perfect sound all the time!

PhilNotHill, Napoli and Hendry2019 like this.
  13. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    This is exactly what i did with my 488 Spider

Thanks to the owners who advised me here

14. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Actually there is conflicting info on the web site - looking at the global data sheet there is 7000 but looking at the specific details on the engine there is 8000 (it could be flat from 7000 to 8000 though ;) )

15. ferrarifanatic25

ferrarifanatic25 Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2009
    OC
    Listening to the video, it sounds like they may have finally fixed this problem for us. Sounds to me like the valves are open at idle, something they stopped doing on the 458 (for whatever reason). Unless... the car in the video was on a cold startup and the valves never had a chance to shut?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

day355 likes this.
  16. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
    F8 USA Retail pricing as of 3/18/2019, configurator up at dealership. Delivery dates ?

Attached Files:

polishhammer83 and Griffon83 like this.
  17. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Thanks for posting.
    $4000 for Apple Car Play?!!! Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Yes its for the extrem stupid guys, because Bluetooth ist for free. Nobody need Apple Car Play in a Ferrari.

elmadi likes this.
  19. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    It was $100 in my Alfa & Standard in our new Chev. Go figure.

20. mkultra

mkultra Formula 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    MK Ultra
    WOW, Ferrari really sticks it to you for anything carbon fibre related!!

21. Jcmd

Jcmd Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2017
    EMA
  22. Hendry2019

Hendry2019 Karting

Jan 2, 2019
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Hendry
    My guessing is it was on a cold start.

The sound at low RPM or idle has to do with law and regulation in Europe to my understanding as explained by my dealer.

Or not?

Will know for sure next month as my dealer is bringing one for test drive.

of2worlds likes this.
  23. WM458

WM458 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2014
    Germany
    270k w/o taxes. Stunning.
    In Europe 192k.
    How much are the customs duties in the US?

24. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    Normal 2,5 % from Italy to USA. But Trump said end of November he would charge in the future with 25 %. :)

Roman456 likes this.