Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Any updates on when Rosso Portofino color will be fixed?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by VHlambo580, Nov 1, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mlcor

mlcor Karting

Jul 21, 2018
    That’s great, congratulations! I suspect US delivery would take longer for RP than for UK. But for me, I had debated between RF (my original first choice) and RP all along. I switched after seeing a new Pista at my dealer in RF—made me sure it was the right choice for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Awesome! Send pics when you have them!

mlcor likes this.
  3. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    When I see that first Rosso Portofino car in someones Driveway or garage I will finally believe lol

4. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    My dealership in the states just told me June or July deliver of my car. Not sure if I 100% believe them but I can dream!

tommygun64 likes this.
  5. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Will it be a 2019 or 2020?
    It’s just so near the 2020 models

6. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Not sure, it sounded like the dealership was still a little skeptical of June or July delivery. They really did not no much besides the car might show up June or July. It would be nice at this point if it was a 2020 car. I have waited this long for a 2019 car why not wait couple months longer for 2020 car.

7. Gooey

Gooey Karting

Jul 28, 2018
    Full Name:
    Gooey
    Right- that is what I was thinking.
    Then you think of the new options that maybe available- it’s just another door to open and do they increase the cost of the car for the new year?

8. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    #158 Raghu, Mar 14, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    I was just in Maranello for the factory tour. My RP Portofino is supposed to be in the paint process which happens to be the only place not included on the factory tour. The assembly line had very few Portofino’s. Mostly 488’s that I was told are being pushed out ahead of F8 tribute production. Also a fair number of Pista’s. I was able to add ventilated seats. There is an RP Porto on display in the Ferrari museum that looks amazing. Definitely worth waiting for the color. Hopefully they arrive in the US soon. By the way, Portofino, Italy is also a very nice picturesque place to visit if in the area.

uhn2000 and tommygun64 like this.
  9. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
  10. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Here's my baby! Lots of carbon inside. Full cuoio interior (except dash - I was worried about glare, and also felt it would be a bit much having the dash in cuoio too). It is in the UK so will collect it in a week or so, following a full PPF, all going to plan!

tommygun64 likes this.
  11. sandisk

sandisk Karting

Jul 16, 2013
    Looks amazing! Where are you having it wrapped?

12. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Thanks!

Topaz. I shopped around and they are the best. Not cheap (4,500 + VAT for full car) but I plan to keep it for a long time so it’s worth protecting properly. Also getting paint correction and a ceramic coat. PM me if you want details... I have spent (too much) time researching all this..!

tommygun64 likes this.
  13. GlowRed

GlowRed Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2012
    West Midlands, UK
    Topaz, as with every PPF installer, used to have to PPF the bonnet of the Portofino in 3 pieces, one large piece and two small pieces in the top corners.

Topaz can now PPF the bonnet in one piece. The have just got their new plotter so can cut a new 72" film size.

14. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Mines gone off there today!!

tommygun64 likes this.
  15. tommygun64

tommygun64 Karting

Mar 24, 2018
    Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    I have the same initial spec! Except for the wheels; got the original ones (and now I 've been thinking if the F8 rims would look good on the PF). And no carbon fiber except for the LED steering wheel. I am not a fan of carbon fiber; much more of a classic style.

16. Steve Bear

Steve Bear Rookie

May 23, 2018
    Full Name:
    Steve Bear
    Still no pictures of a Rosso color car in anyone driveway/Garage? lol I am waiting for the first pic to truly believe.

17. Gcsdave

Gcsdave Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2011
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dave
    We collect it on the 29th! 8 days!

Raghu and tommygun64 like this.
  18. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Me too! A Brexit baby!

Raghu and tommygun64 like this.
  19. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
  20. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    My Rosso Portofino car getting a full PPF applied. Collect it in two days!

I'm still amazed by this colour.. how it looks dark metallic red in low light but can also look cherry apple, deep red or even properly shine in direct sunlight!

uhn2000, mlcor, Gcsdave and 1 other person like this.
  21. Raghu

Raghu Rookie

Nov 12, 2017
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Full Name:
    Raghu
    Congratulations!! Your car looks amazing. Mine has been shipped and should arrive in the US in 4 to 6 weeks. Can't wait to see the color in person myself.

tommygun64 likes this.
  22. bob_Uk

bob_Uk Karting

Oct 13, 2016
    Were they able to put anything on the grey plastic at all? I had some ceramic liquid put on the wheels but the plastic seems to not hold the PPF at all.

23. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Correct. Collected yesterday after full Topaz detail and PPF. Looks great. I’d asked them to PPF the front splitter and side panels (both black plastic) and they tried but PPF doesn’t stick. So I’m leaving those without. Should be fine as (a) cheaper to replace than painted panels and (b) should withstand stone chips more than a painted surface

Road trip to Wales... finding it hard to stick to the break in guidelines (max. 5k revs for first 600 miles)...!!!

NZCREW, Russ123 and tommygun64 like this.
  24. Divila

Divila Rookie

Sep 10, 2017
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Dimitry
    hello , i ordered my portofino in rosso portofino in March 2018.
    Delivery time was april 2019. i have a delay and i dont know the delivery time.