Official Stanley Cup 2019 thread | FerrariChat

Official Stanley Cup 2019 thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheMayor, Apr 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    OK guys...

who is gonna win it?

2. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Good one Bob. In the NHL 18-19 thread we had some predictions submitted back last October by some of the regulars on here. Tampa has to be the favorite. Want to add some spice and have guys predict their favorite to win and also make a dark horse selection? My dark horse would come out of the West

4. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't think Tampa will win because there's just something about winning the President's Trophy that comes hand in hand with a playoff curse

5. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    In the playoffs it's all about goaltending. You have to pick a team with a very good goalie or one that suddenly becomes hot.

Some teams that come to mind are Vegas, Washington, Boston, maybe Pittsburgh if Murray can return to the form he had when Pitt last won it.

Next tier I woud say Tampa, Calgary (although I don't know much about Calgary and their goalie, I just see that they have been solid all year). Nashville is a tricky one because Rinne is a great goalie but stunk it up when it counted most.

Winnipeg would be my last pick because I don't trust their goalie.

6. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Ok, time to have some fun. I will get things started. Here are my first round picks:

Tampa Bay
    Boston
    Washington
    Pittsburgh

Calgary
    Nashville
    Vegas
    Winnipeg (I actually initially took St. Louis but just saw that Winnipeg has home ice so I went with Winnipeg)

7. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Golden Knights have to get their shoot together. They have been playing great for about 10 minutes a game and then making some stupid turnovers or penalties. The talent is there. They are MUCH better with Stone there. Frankly I'm really surprised Arizona failed at the end. They were really hot and playing well and just hit a wall. They have a good goalie.

St Louis has been playing really well. Winnipeg is tough. Calgary could have a glass jaw. If anyone can bump off Tampa I think its wide open

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I don't fancy the Islanders' chances against the Penguins; I think they're just happy to make the playoffs. I'm rooting for the Canadian teams, because it's about time Canada had another Cup champion.

9. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree. Pitt should take them in 5 or 6.

Well, in 2004 the Calgary Flames did win the Cup but it was rigged for Tampa Bay to win it.

10. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Islander fans, you have a right to be livid with the referees. Pitt is getting the New England Patriots treatment

11. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Lightning looked like themselves for the first twenty minutes tonight ending 3-0... then they quit. Pretty annoying to watch to be honest. Hopefully they get their act together and play up for 60 the rest of the series/playoffs or that stellar season will be for naught.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    First time all season they lost being up 3 goals.

I TOLD you guys about St. Louis.

13. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Horrible officiating in the Sharks-Vegas game

14. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    It's only 1 game. Still gotta win 3 more.

But I regret not sticking to my instinct and taking St Louis. The goaltending will be the difference, and St Louis has that advantage. The Winnipeg goalie is like Toronto's; unreliable when needed most.

15. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The Sharks and the Knights REALLY don't like each other. Its been like this all season. The first goal was such a fluke. The puck was over the net and going 3 feet wide and it his the captain in the teeth to go in. But the Sharks deserved the win. Too many penalties always hurts the Knights.

16. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Where was Kucherov and Stamkos?

Btw that goal off Pavelski looked super painful. He didnt even see the puck, what are the chances it would get past Fleury?

17. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They were MIA, aside from Stammer interfering with our goalie on his way through the crease which caused a goal. Hedman was weak on a number of chances too. He definitely doesn’t look 100%. Hopefully it was just an off night and they’ll have their mojo back the rest of the series.

18. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Agree.

The 4th goal was not Fleury's fault, his own defenseman screened him and actually made physical contact with him.

I expect a better game from Vegas with a different result in game 2.

19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    What I saw last night as been pretty typical of the VGK when they slumped. They only played in the 3rd period, they take too many penalties, they give up cheap goals, and the first line doesn't score. Its only one game and the third period was encouraging but if they don't get their heads on straight its not going to be pretty.

I think the Sharks want a physical game knowing the Knights will get penalties. There was a lot of roughing and taunting going on all through the game --- some of it really quite nasty including using the stick (which started in their last game together).

20. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The 4th goal shouldn't have been - Evander Kane cross-checked a guy from behind and knocked him down, no penalty, then he goes on to score about 20 seconds later.

That's not the reason VGK lost, but just in general last night I noticed horrible officiating in a few different games.

21. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice of the NHL to allow me to watch the first 30 minutes of the VGK game then black it out...………………………….Does the NHL not want a fan base for teams?

22. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    As a DC guy currently living in Tampa, yes thank you Bolts for taking that awful trophy :D

23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Here you go!

24. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Overall picks from other thread.

25. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I am very excited to be F&#*$Y@&G playing Boston again first round. If we have a chance at all...this is the year.

PIT - Playoff experience takes over
    WPG - White Out
    SJS - Sorry guys
    NSH - Don't see Dallas as a major threat in this group of teams.
    CBJ/TBL - This one is tough. I think TBL will take it.
    TOR - Hoping, wishing, dreaming, praying, ANYTHING...
    CAP - May see an upset here but I can see CAPS pulling it off. Carolina has the recipe to spoil the party just as PIT did.
    COL (Don't know why I do not believe in Calgary...especially not for the cup)