What’s the latest on additional Pista allocations? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

What’s the latest on additional Pista allocations?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, Apr 6, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    150/year? zero chance then 1/3 of their sales are Pistas?? What about Lusso, Portifino, 812 and remaining 488 allocations. 50 Pistas sounds high.

2. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I was simply replying, it was 09Scuderia who indicated he was aware of far fewer Pistas being allocated...

Just the same, I am not aware of the per model allocation of FFL annual 150... I do know 812 allocations for the last year were about half expected (this was across all FNA dealers) so that might of left room for additional Pista allocations in the past year...(as an aside, 812s were reduced for FNA to hurry up and supply EU production before 2020 GPF requirement and additional CO2 penalities)

of2worlds likes this.
  3. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yes - I wasn't arguing with you. Just was making a comment. Im in agreement with you.

4. ttn27

ttn27 Formula 3

Sep 30, 2010
    TX
    Full Name:
    TN
    which dealerships are you referring to?

5. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    as Shadow said...dude is 'pulling your leg'. Numbers are numbers.

Shack and Shadowfax like this.
  6. Johnnugget

Johnnugget Karting

Jan 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    John Nugget
    I
    They are exactly correct. Europe, not US.

7. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    How many total dealerships in Europe?

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
  10. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    In Geneva there was a customer from the Middle East asking if he needed to buy an F8 to buy one and he was told no.
    And inside the booth there was a couple configuring a Pista in the atelier.
    Maybe now only spiders...

bj.rt and of2worlds like this.
  11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Not all dealers in the US are mandating a purchase of another car to get a Pista. Only a few were and I think most people declined to do that deal.

12. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    As they should! It’s crazy specially with the F8!
    The F8 is a great car, actually it’s a 50kg heavier Pista. Ok, maybe a bit less aero but put some sticky tires and you’re on the same level.
    Also, some Pista users (not just owners that drive them around town) say that the car is great but the suspension should be a bit harder, then it would be perfect.

Also it remains to be seen if the F8 will have a particle filter. If so, well it’s just complicates things more...specially if you track the car or do a lot of pulls. It’s a PITA, just like it is in a diesel.
    If the F8 has one, well the Pista is indeed a pista/track car less prone to problems...

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.
  13. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Exactly. Say no.

14. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #64 Shadowfax, Apr 8, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    Yep. Really just a matter of exercising common sense - the internet will always be full of tall stories....definitely no such thing as Pista's being handed out to walk in's thats for certain.

Criteria was always a 488 (key to Pista's door) but some dealers took to pushing Lussos - most probably because they had no problem shifting their 488 allocations at that time and they all knew their Pista allocations would never meet the demand of the 488 owners they'd sold cars to. If Lusso's have now been dropped off the list it would be purely due to certain Pista clients falling over with F8 being released, so now these dealers can satisfy some of those 488 owners who were previously out of luck. Common sense can figure it out. There would have to be a few Pista customers yet to have their car built who have been tempted to take the F8 instead. Goes without saying. I'm aware of 2 guys here that have gone that route.

PJxxx and 09Scuderia like this.
  15. BG23

BG23 Formula Junior

Jun 16, 2015
    Australia
    In my opinion an F8 will be more expensive to own than a pista - i.e. an F8 will loose more in both $ and % terms than a pista

16. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    is that entirely true? I know folks who had already purchased a 488/ Port/ Lusso (and had other older Ferraris) who were offered a Pista spot. The dealers were being loyal to their past customers. Smart. But, zero Ferrari history and being offered a Pista? That didn't happen anywhere. Ever.

BaronM69 and Shadowfax like this.
  17. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    This is absolutely true.

It is also realistic to assume the average F8 will be in the mid-$300s. As nutty as it is to say, I am not so sure that isn't a good overall value. Ferrari is offering F8 Build spots for NEW Ferrari clients. That is a total change in the way business has been done.

Shadowfax likes this.
  18. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #68 Shadowfax, Apr 8, 2019
    No question.

Pista customers considering F8 appeat to be doing so based upon their pista delivery time, having a better practicality, similar performace at a cheaper price. Sound logic excepting that Pista is the SV and based upon history will hold value much better.

johnr265 likes this.
  19. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    You make some good points. Maybe those thinking of swopping from Pista to F8 had a momentary lapse of consciousness :)

BaronM69, markcs and Shadowfax like this.
  20. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Maybe "they" did :)

The trick is for those having that momentary lapse is to not say anything to their dealer about it as once the allocation has been rescinded it won't be there again if you call 5 minutes later. It will be gone....to Geneva.:D

21. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Maybe thats why there are plenty allocations there :)

markcs likes this.
  22. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #72 Shadowfax, Apr 8, 2019
    I'd say so....Geneva has become the new Mecca for Pista allocation.;) The place to head to when all else fails.

Bhh, markcs and Thecadster like this.
  23. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    Free with your car show tickets....the stick a Pista in the goodie bags.

Bhh and markcs like this.
  24. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    LOL

25. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Are they now going to flood US market with extra 812 production, now they are doing pushing them in EUR?