LV Aviators and the new stadium opens | FerrariChat

LV Aviators and the new stadium opens

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by TheMayor, Apr 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Reacherman1022 likes this.
  2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    We went last night. The ballpark is awesome. I have never seen a minor league park that even comes close to it. It's too bad 40+ MPH winds killed the evening. We left in the 3rd. It just wasn't fun, and I didn't want to torture our kid.

3. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have to go to see it. I love minor league baseball. You can get right next to the play. I looked at buying tickets online and there's not a lot available, which surprised me.

4. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Jen and I had tix for the Brewers when we were in Milwaukee. We love going to games. On a nice, warm day, baseball is very calming to me. Jen's never been to a minor league game. I am very hopeful she'll enjoy the more relaxed nature of minor league ball.

It was definitely packed last night. We went in on season tix with my parents and brother. We're almost right behind the dish (sec. 111, row 18, seats 18-20 - first base side aisle). I am really happy with the location of the seats. It's too bad the wind went nuts.

5. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Going to a game next week. First one I've been too. $2 beer night! Too bad I don't drink!

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Fun! Great stadium. Not a bad seat in the house. The seats are really comfortable and a kind of mesh so it breathes well. Aviators fell behind by 8 runs and came back to win 11-10 in the bottom of the ninth.

Good crowd on $2 beer night. Everyone had a great time.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    so is this a play to get an MLB franchise eventually?

8. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Difficult I think. Unless someone that MLB didn't mind moving moved. Miami is now looking at sharing home field with Montreal, which is really weird. The Vegas AAA team is out drawing the Marlins attendance if you can believe that. Vegas has the biggest drawing AAA team in baseball.

Right now the push is to get Major League Soccer. Two groups are working on a deal now. The question is where is the stadium. Raider stadium is a possibility but I think unlikely.

I think the NBA would like Vegas as a team but expansion is out of the question.

It was over 100 yesterday but by game time it wasn't bad at all. I never felt uncomfortable.