AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019 | Page 3 | FerrariChat

AZ to get Ferrari National meet in November 2019

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Robb, Jul 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    As far as Sturgis goes, I see a ton of them trailer their Harleys there, or a couple of hours
    away from there, then unload and drive them in... I don't see many ride their Harleys all
    the way there from SoCal, AZ, Fla, Conn, etc. I'm in Omaha.

2. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have never been to Sturgis and have always wanted to go. A couple years ago I was going to do the trip from Mass., but my wife really objected. I know I won't be able to do it this summer because we have other trips planned, but I haven't given up on the thought of it.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Been to Sturgis but never during the wanna be biker rally. Pretty country for a ride if you don't have to share the roads with Scooter Scum.

4. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Brian, I hadn't heard that term before. Who exactly are "Scooter Scum"?

(Hoping I'm not included in the defintion :D)

5. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Dirt bags on motorcycles.

6. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    If you guys are on the fence about the track day at Apex Motorsport club let me help with the decision. Do it! I drove the track on Wednesday and it is really fantastic. It is both fast and technical with a variety of early apex, late apex and long sweeping turns. The only downside is the location, but even so, it is totally worth it.

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Whew! My wife thinks I'm a little sketchy at times, but definitely not a dirt bag. :D

Last year at Watkins Glen they had a "Taste of the Track" where you could go on the track with an instructor for 30 minutes. I didn't see it on the schedule this year, but it would be nice if they did that again.

8. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Why is the location a downside?

9. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    The track is in Maricopa, south of Phoenix. It is about 25 minutes from Firebird Raceway (if you are familiar with that) or about 45-50 minutes from the host hotel.

10. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    thanks. I saw where it was and 50 minutes to a great track seems like nothing (we are spoiled here in PHX to have tracks in the city...where I've lived previously, tracks were a many hour drive to get to). So I was thinking perhaps you meant something other than just distance. Can't wait to try out that track...

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Thats not that big a deal. When the meet was in Toronto, Mosport was quite a haul and even Watkins Glen is not all that close to Corning.

12. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Well, i just wasn't sure if the distance would matter since some don't like to put miles on their F car. Of course, I should have thought it through that those who take their car to the track probably don't share that concern. :)

arizonaitalian likes this.
  13. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The FCA News Bulletin just came out and apparently this event is setting attendance records.

"
    Advance registration for FCA 2019 is breaking records!

In an unprecedented surge of early registrations, over 200 members from across the US and Canada have already made their decisions to meet in Scottsdale November 6-10 for the 2019 Annual Experience. Don’t delay and risk missing all the fun!

Register by April 30th to win an Early Bird Prize!
    Some people still want to wait until the last possible minute, so to encourage you to register early we are offering more Early Bird Prizes. Everyone who registers by April 30 will be entered in a lucky draw to win either:

• A two-night stay at the DoubleTree Resort (value up to $450), or
    • A $100 dinner voucher for the Capital Grille
    [​IMG]
    To register, go to
    www.FCA2019.net and click on the Registration button.

Rooms are still available at seven hotels which are all very close to the host hotel, with some in easy walking distance. Go to www.FCA2019.net and click on the Hotel tab for more information.

In addition to our Shell Competitive Rally there will be five (5) different Pleasure Drives to choose from. Whether you bring your Ferrari or use a rental car, there is lots of terrific, scenic driving in store for you during the Meet.

The FCA2019 Track Event will be at the newly constructed Apex Motor Club!

The Ferrari Club of America has been invited as the only car club to stage a track event at this brand new and very exclusive venue located just south of Phoenix. The 2.27-mile phase 1 track features numerous and challenging increasing, decreasing and constant radius turns, along with the longest straightaway in Arizona, to create an opportunity for drivers to achieve maximum speed before and after an assortment of corners. For more information about the track go to www.FCA2019.net and click on the “Track” tab.

More information about the FCA 2019 Annual Experience is being added all the time at www.FCA2019.net. In addition to the Concours and Track event there will be a competitive rally plus at least 6 different pleasure drives to choose from, an evening at the Penske Racing Museum, a Western Night BBQ and much more.

We look forward to seeing you all in Arizona in November.

We’ll keep the Margaritas cold for you!

"

14. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Trying to be helpful here, I imagine many are wondering where to ship their car to?
    I've put a quick list together of short term storage locations should entrants wish to ship their car to AZ ahead of time.
    Apologies if I have missed any shop, wasn't intentional and updates are always welcome

1) Pit Stop
    https://azdetailing.com/auto-storage/?gclid=CjwKCAjwndvlBRANEiwABrR32AjGpN02usmKQdA9ZGyyUJwi7RufCojphvGgVzPgRGyG1E1YsecGvRoCQu4QAvD_BwE
    2) Rolling Art Motor Storage
    https://www.rollingartgroup.com/
    3) The Stables
    https://www.stablesgroup.com/
    4) Otto Club
    https://ottocarclub.com/
    5) The Vault car storage
    http://www.vmgscottsdale.com/service---maintenance.html

15. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Looking forward to my 10 hr drive from California

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

16. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sam, a 10 hour drive? To quote Ralph Kramden, "a mere bag of shells". :D Try a 41 hour drive from Massachusetts.

Of course we're planning to take at least 7 days to do it. My wife has never been to Nashville so we're going to spend a couple nights there. And then of course there's that ball of twine .......

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6b0c5b31-295e-4a8e-806e-84b989bc0c95

Caphill likes this.
  17. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    You dont "Have" to drive 41 hours. You "GET" to drive 41 hours.

18. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Not sure where you are in SB Co but Google maps says it is 7.5 hours .
    Of course it depends on LA traffic, lunch, gas, potty stops, etc but I applaud you extending seat time and increasing personal enjoyment. Your first chance at Non-California formula gas will be at Quartzite, AZ, we plan our fuel stops around that location. :)

19. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I live an hour north of Santa Barbara. Thinking of driving out hwy 40 and route 66

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

synchro likes this.
  20. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Planning to attend by driving* there (and back) but hoping to squeeze one or two +/- 3000 mile & one 1200 mile leisure road trips before that in my 87 year old roadster. :)

*As always with long distance leisure trips, hoping to map out route with minimal or preferably no use of Interstate Highways, as I find those mind numbingly boring, like sitting on a conveyor belt, although there doesn’t appear to be very intriguing alternatives through the desert between Riverside & Scottsdale. :(

Way2fast and Rifledriver like this.
  21. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Not familiar with any of the back roads but 40 is a nicer drive than 10. Drop down at 93 maybe. Either way is better than 10 west from Van Horn Texas all the way to Tucson. Thats 400+ miles with all the charm of a moonscape.

Way2fast and TTR like this.
  22. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks for suggesting.
    Having driven both I-10 & I-40 with “appliances”, a.k.a. modern cars (made within last 40 years) and with many ‘30s-to-60s vintage cars, I have to agree the I-40, with exception of that stretch from Barstow to Needles, is little less boring and more scenic.
    OTOH, sometimes life tends to force us to choose routes less accommodating to T.S. Elliots travel philosophy. :(

Nospinzone and Way2fast like this.
  23. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Hence I am taking 10. At least the speeds are such you can put it behind you quickly.

synchro likes this.
  24. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Just roughly looking at my route I will probably be on I 40 much of the way, except I will be on the other end of it than you guys!

Probably when it gets closer I'll look at some alternate routes and ask people here who know the roads for their opinion. For example, I could get off I 40 in Little Rock and then take I 30 and then 380, but I don't know how good 380 would be.

25. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    :cool:

Way2fast likes this.