FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 16 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I think time has told each of their story. Give Kimi and Seb the proper support and the same machine and Kimi may very well best Seb. Seb is so fragile and so dependent on the car and proper emotionally support and Kimi is treated like a mushroom and still can best Seb on occasion.

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The irony is that Kimi won his WDC by team orders when Massa let him through ;)

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think that's my mayor gripe with Mercedes also. I find it a very boring team. There's nothing flamboyant about it. You think after a win they'll treat themselves to a board meeting and rave about ze interesting numbers...

With Ferrari there's tons of passion.

With Red Bull you know they'll have a proper party.

With mercedes their most delight comes from how efficient ze numbers are...''well managed''.

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Let's hope it never comes to that.
    Constant bloodletting is no cure, and Ferrari had plenty of that in the last 5 years.

DF1 likes this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Did Stroll make contact with Kvyat before the McLaren fracas or did Danill do it all on his own?

6. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Multi 21 ;);)

7. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Maybe he had an issue on the car we were not told about ?

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Peter, do you have peripheral vision? Massa wouldn’t have won the championship had he finished ahead of Kimi.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Oh... that story again. So Seb is cursed for eternety for ignoring team orders against Webber and Charles is praised to ignore them against Seb in the last race... because they should race ;) OK...

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Yeh really slow ..

11. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No sense of humor, lighten up Peter:D

ATBNM3 likes this.
  12. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Ferrari has had lousy race strategy since they lost Ross Brawn and Schumi.
    (I'm pretty sure Shumi was doing much of his own race strategy.)

Look at Monaco 2008, where they spent extra time in the pits loading Massa with max fuel, just to run him for a short stint before bringing him back in. (SF botched every street race in 2008 by much the same mistake.)

I've been getting the impression that SF plans every race in detail -- but then can't adapt well to dynamic situations.
    They keep missing chances to make changes on the fly to position themselves for opportunities.
    It's like they're following a static script instead of thinking in real time.
    Just an impression.

Jakuzzi, Robb, DF1 and 1 other person like this.
  13. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    If he is so fast, why was he outclassed in qualy 17-4 last year? Was there any team orders involved that kept him from driving faster in qualy???

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am quit sure that a lot around here do not mean that as a joke ;) Or why is it permantenly coming up again?

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I’m really concerned that on an (Ferrari and Italian specific) HR level they may have painted themselves into a corner with their manpower. What I mean is Binotto is clearly a brilliant man and an unbelievable engineer. They should have never let him be any less than 100% focused on the engineering of the car. Now that they’ve promoted him to team principal if in-fact they realize that they’re feeling his absence in engineering do you think he’ll accept a lateral move or something perceived as a demotion in order to bolster engineering...? Perhaps not and they may loose him all together which may be devastating to the team.

william and Bas like this.
  16. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    We were told about it:
    Charles had some trouble shifting, early in the third stint.
    He also had a bobble getting out of the pit box on the second stop.
    After the shifting issue resolved, Leclerc was reeling in Max, but it was too late.

ATBNM3, daytona355, stavura and 3 others like this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And this is what I mean with debating till end of time...why would a driver really give 100% of it's efforts if he knows he won't be allowed to keep the place anyway? Either through a deliberately poor strategy or team orders. You know the Mercs are virtually unbeatable, you know you're not allowed to beat your teammate...and you know the gap to the rest is significant enough that 9/10 you can just do an adequate lap and the team will be happy. And that's just from the stuff that we can see. Imagine what it's like behind the scenes?

I'd like to see the numbers so far, I think Kimi and Max are the two drivers who are beating their teammates the hardest so far in qualifying/race, interestingly Gio and Gasly being champion/vice champion of the same year in F2 and are both being given a complete and utter hiding by large margins.

I think Kimi remains underestimated. He took the #2 job at Ferrari as it was better than racing for a team he wasn't being paid at and of course the only team where he had a shot at podiums/wins.

daytona355, stavura, cairns and 5 others like this.
  18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You were not around during the Ken Tyrrell days then?

He was a right party-pooper who hated to celebrate anything.

Nuvolari likes this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, I forgot that. I expected him to stop at any moment when I heard that, now that I remember.

Cheers.

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Sorry, but if you are paid millions to be a no.2 driver and you do not give 100% because you think you are not allowed to win... what is the reason to hire that guy then???
    I think this is a poor excuse... Again, I like Kimi as a person but I think he is way over his zenith, both in his motivation and his speed. That does not mean that he can´t drive fast at times, but so does Bottas as well. Does that make him the better driver than Lewis? I doubt....

ATBNM3 and DF1 like this.
  21. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Except that Bahrain is a front limited circuit and demands down force. Ferrari clearly does not have, and the design does not allow, the max level of front down force that Mercedes has. China was never going to be the best circuit for Ferrari despite the long straight. Anyone who believed Mercedes' talk is a ****ing moron. That said, Ferrari stinks.

22. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Much like Hamilton.

Jakuzzi, daytona355, stavura and 2 others like this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I agree with all of this. I compare this to my time in Italy playing music with some fellow musicians. I went to hang out with some guys and it was like some of them were so focused on being a “rock star” that they lost sight of some basic musicianship. They couldn’t improvise. They could design a look and feel and tell you what a rock band did or didn’t do but sometimes just couldn’t play improvisational when it wasn’t scripted out and approved by the rockstar criteria checklist.

G. Pepper likes this.
  24. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    It is still early days but Gio more so than Gasly. Max is the fastest driver in F1, he has yet to peak and he is the RBR golden child. With Max, Gasly has a formidable team mate and he needs to adapt to the car.
    Kimi is past his peak but is just spanking Gio, there may be some issues with the car but his confidence is suffering.

+1

Bas likes this.
  25. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    It does tend to work that way. My point exactly in my earlier posts.

So now we know what Ferrari needs. A superior car. Next topic . . . . .

ATBNM3 likes this.