FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Not always, as racing history has shown us.

A team or a driver with an inferior car will try to exploit the chink in the armour of a team with a Superior car.

They will work on reliability, tyre management, pit strategy, etc ...

Many races and some titles were lost to inferior cars.

2. Jean-Pierre Marchand

Jean-Pierre Marchand Formula Junior
    BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    I would say some. I wouldn't say many.

daytona355 likes this.
  3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

No system of management is perfect. Flaw is normal.
    Mercedes do appear, appear I state to have a let them race policy until a clear leader is evident.
    Ferrari do not and are suffering in my opinion. Charles and Vettel should race until there is a clear leader. Too early to protect either one and there should be no team orders so early at all. If you want a position, drive to attain it.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    #429 TheMayor, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    Oh give me a BREAK.

Brown WANTED this job. HE is the one making the decisions the last 3 years. HE dumped Honda for Renault. HE supported his engineers over the concerns of Honda's engineers. HE let Alonso bad mouth their major sponsor. HE is the one promoting Alonso at Indy taking resources and focus away. HE was the one that was supposed to be so good at getting money from sponsors.

McLaren may have been in disarray but Brown put them in the toilet they are in now, racing with Toro Rosso, Racing Point and Williams

Think about this. Just what if Brown said to his engineers -- maybe we are doing this all wrong. Maybe we should listen to Honda more and our chassis restrictions less. Maybe we can make this 10 year exclusive deal work after all if we are just be a bit more flexible.

You know -- like RB did.

cmos, jgonzalesm6, daytona355 and 4 others like this.
  5. DF1

We were told by experts, former drivers etc how clear the Ferrari was in all conditions. Easy to drive etc. So much not the case even taking 'development' out of the equation. I did expect them to be more competitive but were just slightly better than 1 Red Bull actually. I understand circuit-specific changes but the propaganda said we would see Ferrrari, so well balanced be the overall best car. Not yet, its a long season but Im doubtful now after 3 different places and for the most part Mercedes seem a bit more adaptable??????

william likes this.
  6. Jean-Pierre Marchand

BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Which, of course, comes at the risk of calamity. At least the Ferrari pit wall is aware of the risks involved in that.

7. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The same Seb that didn't get it done in 2017 and 2018 and is still in the team? If they were going to get rid of him, they would have done it by now. He'll leave Ferrari before Ferrari leaves him.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. DF1

The cards held are closely held now in terms of Vettel and a contract. He is the only one repeating he has a contract until a certain date. There is not much coming out from the team at all. Means nothing or something. If he makes more similar mistakes like the last 2 years, I dont see how the team retain him at all. His reputation is already damaged and there is young capable talent around as well. I would not hire him. His best years have been gone now and his lack of real race craft is evident as well. He has 4 titles and the legacy after is not very good, given the 4 titles he holds.

He may improve and take the title this year. Yes that is possible but history is not showing it yet. His last 2 years results are one of failure in the larger scheme. Im certain not easy to live with as a driver. It is now weekly a topic.

9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think it was a missunderstanding... I missread "resign" with "re-sign"....

10. DF1

LOL - Charles Leclerc says his long second stint in the Chinese Grand Prix was a ploy by Ferrari to try to help his Formula 1 team-mate Sebastian Vettel catch Valtteri Bottas. via Autosport.

What a waste of talent lol.

subirg, ATBNM3, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You are 100% right !!!

The fortunes of McLarenF1 have definitely have taken a turn for the worst since Zak Brown came in.

He listened too much to Alonso's moaning, and endorsed all his whims.

Now the team has lost all credibility; it can't attract good engineers, nor recruit top line drivers, and it has lost its main sponsors.

cmos and daytona355 like this.
  12. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Most teams used to let their drivers compete freely against each other in the past. Only towards the 2/3 of the season, the second placed in the team received instructions, where needed, to defer to his team mate to help him win the championship, or improve his ranking.
    Giving teams orders so early in the season is counterproductive, IMO, and may demoralise a driver.
    I think team orders are characteristic of F1, I doubt if they are in use in feeder series (F2, F3 and F4, or in Indycar).

DF1 likes this.
  13. Jean-Pierre Marchand

BANNED

Mar 21, 2019
    Mont Royal, QC
    Full Name:
    Just call me J.P.
    Yet they are noticeably improved this season . . .

DF1 likes this.
  14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I would like to believe that, but it's too early to judge.
    They are also saddled with the Renault engine which is underpowered when it isn't unreliable these days.

DF1 likes this.
  15. DF1

#440 DF1, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    SKY F1 evaluation of the season so far after China - https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/11688579/mercedes-ahead-of-ferrari-in-china-has-f1-2019-revealed-its-true-face

Sky F1's Nico Rosberg, meanwhile, believes Ferrari have dug themselves a hole with their SF90.

"I'm hearing from the Ferrari guys that they've got their car in the wrong aerodynamic window at the moment," said the 2016 world champion. "They need to make changes internally but it's going to take time.

"They're only very good in the ultra high-speed tracks at the moment but as soon as there are more corners, then they're struggling."

G. Pepper, ATBNM3 and bmwracer like this.
  16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    If by toilet you mean year over year improvement since they left Honda? BWHAHAHA, you sure have an odd way of seeing things. If the Honda is so good, why are RBR still #3, and why did TR lose spots last year while McLaren gained them? Don't let facts cloud your vision, man.

17. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    FACTS?

McLaren isn't even any better than Renault's own team.

18. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    ... in 2018 the championship started with a very strong Ferrari's lead.

Let's see if the same happens in 2019 to the leader. Difficult, but not impossible.

19. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    Ricciardo and Verstappen would outclass Vettel as much as Leclerc.
    F's strategy is as retro(grade) as Vettel's mustache.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  20. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Ferrari has a massive budget , they can afford the best and yet they come short . One has to take Nico’s comments at face value , he has access to more information that all of us . What that means is that heads have to roll at SF , the team is not working cohesively and it is up against a well oiled outfit that is on top of its game right now , MB .

DF1 and daytona355 like this.
  21. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Provocation by Mercedes cheerleaders on a ferrari focussed forum, I don’t see why I can’t have my say when they’ve had theirs.

stavura and Bas like this.
  22. GLS12

GLS12 Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2011
    Occupied VA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Because you are pro ferrari and we wouldn’t want the forum to be biased.

ATBNM3 and daytona355 like this.
  23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree with all. Safe for Verstappen's outbursts from frustration his driving has matured quite a bid. Last year he'd have crashed with Vettel when Vettel gave him exactly 1 Red Bull's worth of width.

375+ likes this.
  24. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    Or maybe it's because he can't express himself unless he uses words like "pricks" and "scum".

ATBNM3 likes this.
  25. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It's interesting to see who Vettel's replacement will be. Mick too early to say so I think likely choice will be between Ricciardo and Max...Max won't leave Red Bull if that engine is indeed good enough, that chassis will be fixed and so will any aero issues, unless a championship winning car is on offer.

I'd say Hulkenberg makes a good chance now also.

375+ and DF1 like this.