FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    So it turns out Vettel was on the radio whining by lap 7/8 saying he was faster ...then when he was gifted 3rd he was actually slower!

They should have given it back to Leclerc when they saw that , but no the special one must be given preference whatever the result!

Meanwhile Vettel starts whining about the Media ...not a very smart move .. the game is up for him .Nowhere to hide.

DF1, daytona355, ingegnere and 3 others like this.
  2. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    When I make mistakes, I learn from them. Hopefully, Ferrari will, too!

DF1 likes this.
  3. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Let’s see now , you get spanked by the same team 5 years in a row , you can say there were extenuating circumstances the first couple of years , but given the fact that funds are not an issue , the funds are obviously not being directed to the root of the problem . Whose fault is that ? Management has to change and SF needs a solid team principal with vision , easier said than done with all the internal politics .

4. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I said this when Vettel joined Ferrari... I also said it when Alonzo left Mclaren

william likes this.
  5. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    the only problem is that Hamilton hasn't made a race losing mistake in the past 2 seasons. He's been just about perfect and not many expect that to change.

Nuvolari, william and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  6. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #481 Ferrari 308 GTB, Apr 14, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    Can someone explain why Vettel couldn't just pass Leclerc if he was sooo fast, even with DRS enabled?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  7. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Only way Vettel can get ahead of Leclerc...same at Australia, same at Bahrain (but Leclerc defied orders just the once), and now in China...3 races, 3 sets of team orders giving Vettel preferential treatment.

ATBNM3, william and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  8. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    We’ve been saying that every year for what seems like forever...

ATBNM3 and william like this.
  9. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    What a shambles. Right now we are mercs secret weapon. Rather than racing to maximise wcc points, we pansy around with unworkable and obviously ridiculous strategies designed to lose points! Why didn’t we come 3rd and 4th? Why? Because the team strategists are morons. That’s why.

ATBNM3, freshmeat, william and 2 others like this.
  10. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Too much talk about strategies... So far Leclerc hasn't been steadily faster than Vettel, to my dismay. Worse at Melbourne (Vettel only got caught at the end because he was on an suboptimal strategy trying to undercut) , better at Bahrain, and we can say that dead even here.

When the kid starts beating clearly the old fart he'll become number one. It always has been like that, and I think that it'll be good for his character. Hamilton tried to skip that phase and needed years to mature and stop behaving like a moron.

daytona355 and Bas like this.
  11. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Ferrari has an inferior car but they did the right thing. Obviously Leclerc would not have achieved better than the 3rd place Vettel took, and if Vettel is actually not as good as Leclerc he may have finished lower than 5th...

12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Was he really slower? I did not see any differences between Leclerc and Seb leading...
    Once Max went into the pits it was too late to change back and one of them was getting the undercut from him, either Seb or Charles.

When the Mercedes dissapeared into the sunset at least Ferrari tried... Charles could not keep up and Seb was right behind him. So why not try instead of silently yielding to their fate. If they had done nothing people would have complained that their driving is uninspiring.
    And although you like to bang on Seb at the moment, it is simply not true that he was slower, neither here nore in Australia. In Australia he was well ahead of Charles until he ran into technical problems, at least keep with the facts

LVP488 and Bas like this.
  13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. Leclerc was no faster. Vettel wasn't significantly faster after passing Leclerc, either. But Ferrari had to try it.

A team who is capable of running two cars (all bar Ferrari it seems) would've made the swap work and get a 3-4 instead of 3-5. After they kept Leclerc out for far too long and then not even put him on the soft was utterly bizarre...he had more than enough margin to cover Gasly even if Gasly didn't pit, he was never going to drop to 6th. They had a shot at 4th but blew it by a) pitting him too late and b) putting on the mediums....an utterly bizarre decision. Had they pitted him 4 laps earlier when he really started to lose time they could've fitted the mediums. But that late? There was nothing to lose anymore.

It angers me because it's nothing new. For the last 10 years they've been in this boat. Why bother going for a great driver if you're only going to use him to fill up a seat?

kandi, subirg and william like this.
  14. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Kimi :D:D:D:D

G. Pepper, stavura and P.Singhof like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You did understand that people pass on the straight with DRS using full power modes... these full power modes are only given occasionally and if he tries to overtake his team mate I am sure he needs to ask whether he gets that mode or not. And then he still needs to outbrake the other car at the end of the straight which includes risks.
    You should have seen enough races knowing that being faster does not necessarily mean that you can easily pass...

LVP488 and Bas like this.
  16. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  17. stavura

stavura Formula 3

Sep 1, 2016
    U.K
    Full Name:
    Harold Lounge
    :D:D:D Zero f***s given!

Bas likes this.
  18. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    If and when he does retire F1 is forever poorer for it. A real character like no other.

19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    But there is already constant changes at Maranello.
    2 CEOs, 3 team managers in 5 years, several essential engineers sacked, others leaving.
    The bloodletting started when Alonso was still at the Scuderia.
    In frustration caused by the lack of success, they sacked valuable technicians who went to work for ... Mercedes !!
    It's Madness. It's like revolving doors there !!!
    You cannot build a "solid team" if you keep undermining it by instilling a climate of fear.
    It take years to build a team where everybody co-operates in harmony.
    It's not only about throwing money, it's about adopting a different mentality, creating a flatter structure and empowering people in their role.
    It's more productive to analyse failures calmly rather than starting a witch-hunt as a knee-jerk reaction.
    That's what they teach in management schools these days (well, in UK at least).

spotja likes this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #495 Ferrari 308 GTB, Apr 15, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2019

I am just referring to the BBC article previously quoted , i assume it is accurate,especially since Leclerc then said he was losing time ,and what now etc?https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go&jsonp=vglnk_155532672811512&key=9b4686c19ac09d95d56bf86edf31ef8b&libId=jui9dcd501000k3x000DAl8ncck10&loc=https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/formula-1-heineken-chinese-grand-prix-2019-race1000-spoilers.598339/page-19&v=1&out=https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47926537&ref=https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/formula-1-heineken-chinese-grand-prix-2019-race1000-spoilers.598339/page-20&title=FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN CHINESE GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE1000 ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 19 | FerrariChat&txt=https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47926537

Its fair that they tried something ,even after only 10 laps ,but once they saw it wasn't working they could have given back the place to Leclerc.

21. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Hi guys, i was so pissed yesterday that i didn't even bother to dhow up!
    I know i'm an idiot, i mean, after qualifying i knew this would be the result, still like the dumb ass that i am, i got up and prepared myself to see another floggin. Start was ok, and Seb was very good letting space for Charles....than all hell brake loose.
    Asking Charles to let Seb pass was bad, because they were both slower than the Mercs, and they had about the same speed, but what they did next just makes me stop watching this ****ing **** ever again!!
    No i'm no ****ing genious, i only watch f.1 for about 40 years, and there is something i have learnt. if by chance anyone form Ferrari reads this, please pay atention. As i stated i'm no ****ing genious like ****ing Jock Clear or Inaki Rueda, no, those guys must be real brains, because thay're very well paid, and i know that hindsight is a wonderfull thing, but this time, like in the 100.000 times that they've ****ed up before, i, and most probably 80% of the people on this board could tell you a litle secret, so here it goes, please pay atention:
    THE FIRST GUY TO STOP WILL GAIN AND ADVANTAGE OVER THE SECOND GUY TO STOP. IF YOU HAVE A CAR 2S BEHIND YOU, YOU KEEP AN EYE ON HIS PIT CREW, AND IF THEY STOP, YOU ****ING STOP TOO!! IF YOU'RE A SLEEP AND YOU MISSED IT, YOU ****ING STOP IN THE NEXT LAP!!!! UNLESS YOU DECIDE TO GO FOR A DIFERENT STRATEGY AND MAKE ONE LESS STOP.
    NOW IF YOU HAVE A CAR 2S IN FRONT OF YOU, YOU MAKE SURE YOU STOP BEFORE, AND YOU MIGHT JUST OVERTAKE HIM...GOT IT???? WHAT YOU NEVER, EVER DO IS TO STOP SOME 10 LAPS AFTER THE CAR YOU'RE FIGHTING WITH, BECAUSE IN THAT TIME HE WILL PROBABLY GAIN YOU A SECOND PER LAP, SO WHEN YOU FINALLY STOP, YOU ARE COMPLETLY ****ED!!!
    YOU IMBECILS COSTED AROUND 30SECONDS TO CHARLES WITH YOUR AMAZING STRATEGY!!! THE CAR WASN'T THAT GREAT IN THE FIRST PLACE, HE SURE DOESN'T NEED YOUR HELP TO GET SCREWD EVEN MORE!
    I don't understand why it is so difficult to see the obvious. I remenber long time ago, when damon Hill had pole at Monaco, he was first after the start, and Williama decided to pit him twice when the oposition obviously only pited once. When i saw what Williams were doing, i just LMAO because it ws so idiotic, and so obvious that i just could not believe how they could be so stupid!! But in those days, Williams always used strange tactics, and poor Damon was screwd by the team very often, wich made him look worse than he already was...In those days, Ferrari didn't had great acrs, but hell they were good at pit stops and race strategy. So please, just use your comon sense..an STOP ****ING UP YOUR DRIVERS!!!!!

daytona355 and stavura like this.
  22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    for the record, without the team interference, Charles would have finished ahead of Seb in all 3 races, maybe Binotto should think about it, because most likely he will become even faster and less error prone as the year goes along....

Hocakes, LittleTino, ATBNM3 and 4 others like this.
  23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Update

It was a software glitch that caused an MGU-K issue so no failure on the component itself.

375+ and william like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    So quoting your article:
    "It was not an easy situation," Leclerc said. "I was struggling with tyres - we both were - and it just felt like Seb was quicker. But obviously being behind me for some laps he also damaged his tyres."
    So according to this the call came too late rather than too early ;)