1992 348 TS possible sale. Testing waters. | FerrariChat

1992 348 TS possible sale. Testing waters.

Discussion in '348/355' started by cantthinkofone, Apr 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    1992 348 TS possible sale. Testing waters.

Well fellow f-members the hunt for a car I really wanted has finally came though. With that I’m thinking of selling my 348 (kinda need the room) and if I do I want to offer it here first. Now I’m not 100% sure I’m going to sell it but we will see. I only picked the car up last year from a fellow F-chat member (a simple search will find his post). Drove it a little bit and started addressing simple things the car needed. It truly is a great car, fun to drive and people LOVE IT! If I do sell want it to go to a good home. So below is a simple c&p of his post simplified with updates.

This service was done at 80,760 miles and completed the first of July 2018. Car currently has ~81,00 miles with all these receipts.

New high flow injectors
    New exhaust system and performance cats
    All new coolant hoses and lines
    New Clutch with Hill Engineering throw out bearing
    All new upper end gaskets, valve cover, intake, etc.
    Valve covers were stripped and repainted
    Intake was separated and repainted
    Flushed brake fluid
    Recharged AC system
    adjusted valves
    new oil and filter
    K&N Air Filter
    Timing belt and roller kit
    Waterpump and housing
    Alternator Replaced

Additions:

New Radio with speakers. Window switches and relays (strong and fast now).

Head light switch (Currently waiting for part to return)

Replaced missing exhaust heat shields (not cheap)

Battery

New fog light lenses.

Interior, carpets are original but in good condition, and has 348 floor mats. The car has a carbon fiber "kit" installed in the interior, see photos, looks great.

The car has the factory tool kit which appears complete the best that I can tell. Tools, screwdrivers, pliers, belts, bulbs, fuses, etc.

The tires have plenty of tread left and are in good shape and like new.

The brakes are in good shape, unsue of mileage, but good shape, I am getting a small squeak but think its just an aggressive pad.

There are no warning lights, no check engine lights, no stored codes and no running issues with the car. It was aligned and balanced before I got it. I have driven it a few times and it handles great.

Dash lights are bright and working well.
    Clock is flashing 0:00 and I haven't looked at trying to set it.
    AC is cold and blows great.
    Car drives out well, shifts smoothly (as a 348 does), and sounds amazing.

front end would benefit from a respray due to rock chips consistent with the mileage but overall the car presents very well. It does have a very very slight buffer mark on the drivers door edge, wont photograph, though is very minor and probably won’t be seen. The passenger door does has a couple small knicks in the edge where the door opens.

This would be an amazing driver for someone with all recent service just completed.
    And receipts going back many years.

Price. I gave this some thought; one I am not 100% on selling but two didn’t want to waste fellow members time pricing it for top dollar. im just looking to get back what I have into it. Being transparent I purchased the car for 36K and after I have it “de winterized” for the season ill have about 4 into it. So for a fellow F-chat member thinking 39K. I think with the way the market has been going this is a fair price and investment for the next owner.

Pics are a cut and past of old post. Will take current pics soon when weather is nicer.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

crinoid likes this.
  2. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  3. Ferrarium

Ferrarium F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2018
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Is the the car that was listed on ebay then sold to a forum member that Ernie flew out to see? Great looking car!

4. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
  5. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    Yes it is! I truly is a great car. wont be to upset if i dont sell.

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    Location?

7. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    Car is located in New York, just north of westchester.

8. S-T48

S-T48 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2008
    Stevenson Ranch, CA
    Possible sale? This looks like a nicely thought-out for sale ad.

9. 97 Spider

97 Spider Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 15, 2012
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Brian
    If you read his post you’ll find it’s a copy and past of the previous owners sale add from when this owner bought it a year ago.

10. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    looked over paperwork and dont see any compression test/leak test done. or at least documented. Any one who is truly interested i am more then happy to have this performed for them. Any one who wishes to talk about the car i can be reached at 845-605-2213.

11. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    All, i have made PDFs of all service records if anyone is interested. I can email them to you.

Also as i made the PDFs and really read over all the service info i have no record of the clutch being done during the major as advertised. I was told it was done by pervious own as he was told by the person before him that had all the work done. Because of this, when i have the car gone over for the season i am having them pull and inspect the clutch and see. As i have info i will post it/update listing.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Do you think it will pass CA emission with these mods?

13. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici