FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 18 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Williams has a future in F1?

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Wow. When the worlds least whimsical and least funny man scores this savage on you then IT’S BAD.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    :D:D:D

4. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    If they can survive until 2021.There are plenty of pay drivers lining up ,but not so many super licences right now.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..a bit like damon himself, fast in practice but always trounced by "real" drivers when it mattered...

crinoid, 375+ and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  6. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Ocon is over-rated.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  7. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Because he had to save them. And otherwise Hards would've been an option.

The strategy they took was pointless. They where going for a guaranteed 5th instead of a possible 4th or better with a worst of 5th. Their strategy was literally ''well lets hope for a safety car''.

8. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    And one of the least liked drivers in any paddock. Anyone that has worked near him despises him.

jgonzalesm6 and william like this.
  9. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
  10. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Unless they have a massive upgrade coming in Barcelona I have strong doubts.

william likes this.
  11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I can't see Red Bull beating Mercedes and Ferrari this year to clinch a championship.

BTW, Nico Rosberg banned from Baku by the FIA was fake news, according to Planet F1.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No he's not, elton is!

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Sure, he has as much chance as i do i guess!!

14. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    You should have read what Ocon said in the French press during interviews about a year ago, when still at Force India!
    Not only slagging off Perez, but pretending he was better than most drivers on the grid.
    It wasn't reported in the English media though.
    I am surprised Mercedes keeps him on the back burner after he was ditched by Stroll Sr..
    The guy would be a total PR disaster for them.
    A typical spoilt brat, if you ask me. Initial success has gone to his head.

bmwracer and Bas like this.
  15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    He is better tna most drivers on the grid...i can't comment on him being liked or not, i do kknow that Perez was disliked at Mclaren for being arrogant, wich totaly goes against my opinion of him...he has probably changed a bit since then.

Bas likes this.
  16. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #441 william, Apr 29, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    That's debatable, but Ocon thinks he is God's gift, to the point of saying to the media that Mercedes should give him a seat NOW, instead of Bottas!!
    So eating a bit of humble pie on the sideline will do him good. I hope Mercedes evaluates him and ditch him. I don't like him.

As far as Perez goes, I don't think his command of English initially was up to Ron Dennis expectation.
    Also, Dennis accused him of lack of motivation because he didn't visit enough Woking.
    Ron Dennis liked his drivers to spend time at base between races, to "gel" with the team, like Senna did, or Prost, etc ...
    Perez didn't do that. Dennis took that distance as arrogance.
    Personally, I like Perez a lot.

nsxrebel, bmwracer and Bas like this.
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Me too, and i dislike Dennis, but if i recall correctly it was from Jo Ramirez himself that i heard that Perez was a bit arrogant and for that was disliked by the mechanics at woking.....he honestly looks like the opposite to me, but perhaps back then he was a bit like that...

Bas and william like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    here is an extract from Jo ramirez interview .

Question: "Very strange was the decision not to renew the contract of Sergio Perez and instead to put Kevin Magnussen in the second car alongside Jenson Button One has the impression. Something must there happens to be, since McLaren usually dismisses not a driver after just one year - and Perez is not bad down ... " Ramirez. "As a driver, Sergio was actually not bad on the road and I think he was also getting better - but McLaren wanted a new Lewis Hamilton, they wanted a pilot who is faster than Jenson Button Sergio has not met expectations - he has be increased as a pilot, he had potential, at the end he was already better than Jenson. "

"Only Sergio was not good enough as a person he has not really cooperated with the team, he was at no time a part of the team, he was snooty '.. I am now a Formula 1 driver '- we know the drill His attitude was very poor, he was unpopular with the engineers, with everyone on the team -..., he was regarded as very arrogant and Ron Dennis requires that its drivers a part of the team are - with him you have to by in the morning until late at night always think of McLaren ".

Question: "Kevin Magnussen is such a pilot?" Ramirez. "Yes, he is European, he is better suited to the British style of the team Perez was more like Juan Pablo Montoya, who is also not remained long at McLaren I am often asked:.. Why Latin-American pilots always remain as short at McLaren But I say then: The one can not say yet so, Ayrton Senna was quite long in the team - but he had a very different mentality He was a smart guy and he knew from the beginning what it in?. will expect McLaren. "

Question: "Senna was completely focused on motorsports." . Ramirez: "Yes Sergio Perez was not Unfortunately, I often criticize him in the media - but I do not criticize him as a driver, he's a good driver, but it does not integrate into the team, it's such a shame - I... this year was in testing at Jerez, some time have spent there at McLaren and Sauber, and neither team was able to say something good about Sergio This is incredible -. they all say that Sergio needs to change his attitude when he want to stay in Formula 1. His character is not adaptable. "

Question: "The media want character heads, you want a new James Hunt - but this new James Hunt has also just with the team cooperate ..." Ramirez: "Yes, it is Sergio has also complained about the British media - they would not have helped him Only it's no wonder:.. Whenever he sees a British journalist, he runs away, he will not even talk to them. . A British reporter came to me and said: '? Sergio is a good driver - but why is he so arrogant' "

375+ and william like this.
  19. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Actually the only realistic strategy to get Leclerc to the front would have been Seb crashing into Max giving Charles third and a well timed pit stop at the safety car to attack the Mercedes...
    But if they wanted to do this they should have hired the right strategist... Briatore for example

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

20. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Interesting insight. Ramirez was so long with McLaren and Dennis.

Bas likes this.
  21. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Funny that Dennis replace Perez with Kevin Magnussen who had the same fate after one year !

22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 funny this did occur to me during the race.

william likes this.
  23. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

LOL

24. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    For me, Ron Dennis has a lot in common with Enzo Ferrari.

Both came from humble begining, and were self-made men who reached the top in motor racing through sheer determination.

They certainly took no prisoner to get there and could be very ruthless at times. I admire them both.

Ferrari isn't the same without Enzo, and McLaren has changed since Ron Dennis is gone.

bmwracer, jgonzalesm6 and 375+ like this.
  25. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Well, as far as I remember he trashed Verstappen on F3...