FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 20 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I always thought the same thing of this Arrogant, little turd in the way he drove along Perez. Total Little ****** Bag!

william likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

McLaren are standing 4th in the WCC at this early stage in the season, which isn't bad.
    They seem to have a half decent chassis now, but there is still a question mark about the Renault engine though.
    They used to be my favourite team for many years, but things changed with the hybrid formula and Alonso's return.
    I don't think they have a strong driver line up, but they are doing better than Renault, which is strange.

Senna1994 likes this.
  3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Don't hold back, tell us exactly how you feel !!!!

Senna1994 likes this.
  4. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Vettel divulged post-race that the mechanical grip of the car is lacking, with both drivers struggling to 'switch on' their tyres during the race. This suggests Ferrari has work to do in chasing set-ups that combine to get the most out of this year's harder compound tyres. via Autosport +

5. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The difference between Mercedes and Ferrari isn't the car or drivers right now, it's that Mercedes doesn't make any mistakes and Ferrari makes a small one each weekend - I said the same thing last race. That's pretty much it, the cars and drivers are damn near dead even - If they put Vettel on track so he gets a tow, they get pole and the whole race is different. If they don't get Leclerc out of rhythm by swapping softs to mediums and back, they potentially get a front row lockout. Then you have the broken injector wire in Bahrain, It's those little tiny mistakes that are the difference between each team having 2 wins and Merc having 4 1-2's. Of course, they'll make a mistake at some point and Ferrari won't and Ferrari will win, but right now Mercedes is making a lot less small mistakes and have made no big ones, and that's the difference.

If Ferrari don't either gain a few tenths over Merc in their car or figure out how to force Mercedes into mistakes while not making their own, they won't compete for the titles this year. Honestly, as well as Merc are operating right now, gaining 3-5 tenths on them would be the easier task.

paulchua, jcurry and zygomatic like this.
  6. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Instead of the Ferrari brain trust on the pit wall trying to out smart and out maneuver Mercedes-Benz in every
    session and in every race (which we know ain't happening), why not emulate them and run the same tire
    strategies and beat them on pace for once?

Renault, very disappointing. At the beginning of the season many were tipping Renault to surpass Red Bull
    but at this point, they seem absolutely lost.

BHW

DF1, stavura and Jeronimo GTO like this.
  7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    William, I thought I did ;)

william likes this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I agree; shocking beginning of season for Renault.

Their engine Customer McLaren is doing netter than them.

Senna1994 and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    I'm not sure if I understand. Can I get banned for what Vettel has said on a public available radio clip? :confused: Is this a forum about Ferrari & F1 or is it a nuns discussion board?

nietoale1, crinoid and Makuono like this.
  10. Makuono

Makuono Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2014
    Full Name:
    Ricardo
    Vettel is such a polite guy. Even when he is saying bad words.:D

Let hope his and Ferrari's chances improves.

11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Yup, you could get banned from what I gathered unless posting the ***NSFW PROFANITY*** banner atop the video.

If an FChatter were to play the video over speakers at work for example, then someone else might here the profane language over the speakers...report it...thereby getting the FChatter in trouble with his work then that FChatter reports it to the mods and there starts the investigation.

I'm just telling you what a mod told me because I have heard other video's from the original poster and I just wanted to CMA(cover my @**) before posting them here on FChat...as I am telling you about. By posting the NSFW banner, it nullifies you regarding the rules and regs of FChat SHOULD someone play it outloud.

12. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    i never thought anyone could tie MS' 7 WDCs. Now Lewis will have his 6th and probably 7th next season. Grrr

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Doesn't matter, he could win 10 title, he will never be in teh same league as the grat ones...as anyone ever seen an outstanding drive from him? not me, good races, yes, genious ones? no.

14. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Sorry, anyone who has won 75 freaking F1 races has had multiple genius ones. Any 1 win in f1 is outstanding, let alone 75 of them. Pick any of the 5 that he won from pole and set fastest laps, each and every one was a genius performance as his teammate in the same car couldn't even grab one of those 3 from him on the weekend.

I'm not a big Hamilton fan but to say he's never had an outstanding drive after winning 75 races might be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a section of the forum known for being ridiculous.

15. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    If Hamilton or any driver, Stroll or whoever can win 10 titles, one single drive in a random race won't mean didley

william likes this.
  16. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    I think you're bias is obstructing your vision here. Hamilton has already cemented his place among the greats. I didn't want to him to catch MS though but if he does, more power to him.

Senna1994, bmwracer and william like this.
  17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The interesting part here is not 5 races are named.

I can name 1 for definite. Silverstone 2008. That was a great drive, can not deny it and one for the books. Without cheating, can you name 4 more?

I can name 5 for Schumacher of the top of my head. And then 5 more.

I can do 5 for Verstappen as well. And Alonso (my Dislike for him was well known, so can't accuse me for being biased).

I can do 4 for Vettel straight of the bat.

I can do some for Button.

But Hamilton? I'm sorry no but I really do struggle picking a few races where he truly looked extraordinary.

fil, furoni and 375+ like this.
  18. ktu

ktu F1 Rookie

May 30, 2012
    Don't put any effort into thinking of any, single race drives don't win championships, winning championship's takes much more determination than a single drive

william and bmwracer like this.
  19. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I watched Jim Clark many times, and witnessed some of his GP wins.

They didn't look extroardinary, because his talent made winning appear very easy.

Some of Hamilton's wins looked the same for me: no drama, just sheer efficiency, from start to finish.

Senna1994, Mark(study) and ktu like this.
  20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I disagree William. I think that thus far McLaren has done a fine job, their most promising season in quite a while. I also think that they have two better than average drivers. Lando Norris might be a real find, a talented young man with a level head on his shoulders.
    At this point Renault looks lost, I won't be surprised if Abiteboul is sacked.

Senna1994 likes this.
  21. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    It's easy to look ordinary when Hambone's wiping the the rest of the field week in and week out for the past few seasons. Congratulations to Bottles, awesome that Merc let the two drivers race wheel to wheel.

Give credit to Hambone for having the foresight not to crash into his teammate battling for first. He showed his unselfishness in prioritizing the team's 1-2 podium and 74 point lead in the WCC.

4 consecutive 1-2 podiums by the same team to begin a season is historic.

ktu, william and Terra like this.
  22. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004

Hamilton isn't THAT great. Give him a competent teammate in the same car and he will be equaled or beaten. Alonso, Button, Rosberg all did it. Bottas has shown he can challenge but is bottled by team orders sometimes. The only teammate Elton wiped the floor with without question was Kovalainen

Bring back Alonso, teamed up with LeClerc, they would surely bring in more points. Only team strategy would fnck them over.

stavura and 375+ like this.
  23. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Here are 5 for starters ..there have been more of course.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/f1/formula-1-top-5-greatest-wins-by-lewis-hamilton

william likes this.
  24. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    At least Merc lets the boys sort of race. 2 wins for Ham and 2 wins for Bot. I wish Ferrari would let LEC loose and let us see what he can do!

DF1, william and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  25. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    @Bas Jaski

Fans robbed by latest F1 TV farce, but do Liberty care?

If you thought Ferrari were the most farcical thing about the 2019 Formula 1 season, think again. How is it possible that, a year into existence, F1 TV Pro can still rob paying customers of the chance to watch on-track action?

Whether for movies, sport or television series, most if us are now familiar with 'over the top' streaming services.

A Liberty Media cornerstone in opening up F1 to new audiences, the service has been beset with technical issues.

The problems returned in force for the Azerbaijan Grand Prix to such an extent that F1 will issue refunds to subscribers – not the first time this has happened.

It's not just a case of streams falling down. Users have reported being kicked out of the system mid-stream, then being asked to register upon logging back in – all the while sending a monthly fee to F1.

On more than one occasion, it's been claimed that users have set up accounts for F1 TV Pro – the full, live race-airing shebang – only to be told they are in a region unsupported by the service.

The biggest issue, of course, is the service itself working for those paying customers who are in the right place.

This seemingly didn't happen across the board for Baku. A look at Reddit's well-populated Formula 1 sub-reddit shows the frustration.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

"I was watching an pirate stream of F1TV while F1TV was down... What kind of **** is that..."

"It's just not letting me log in in general. Logged me out and now it wants me to log in again , but when I try it goes back to the home screen and tells me to log in."

"I also get logged out and asked to subscribe, but if you refresh enough eventually it works, but then the stream won't load. Other times I keep clicking "Log in" but it just reloads the page."

These issues affected both qualifying and the race during Baku, with a seemingly random nature of the failures pointing to the issues being a matter of poor infrastructure rather than anything else.

With the rise of streaming services, especially in sports, maybe Liberty thought that F1 TV was something they should do just to say they had done it.

What they perhaps didn't bank on is that F1 fans will remain loyal to F1 products – especially amid the rise of pay-TV deals which is increasingly taking live F1 away from more and more fans.

With this in mind, Liberty should be piling dollars into making F1 TV the best product it can be.

However, when TV stations are willing to fork out the kind of sums reportedly being paid by Sky Sports in the UK, why bother?

A report by BBC Sport earlier this year claimed that Sky "has effectively become the sport's biggest single sponsor" with a reported £1.2billion rights deal making up 11% of F1's total turnover.

The deal has robbed many UK fans of the ability to watch live racing. The apathy and idleness it seems to have triggered in Liberty's push to improve their own service means the knock-on effect is felt across the world.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/38911/fans-robbed-by-latest-f1-tv-farce-but-do-liberty-care/

DF1 and Bas like this.