FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 SOCAR AZERBAIJAN GRAND PRIX 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Apr 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #501 Ferrari 308 GTB, Apr 30, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Not only is the racing going south ,the brilliant minds at Liberty can't even organize their viewing platform.

There are other ways to watch F1 .

Bas likes this.
  2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Yes Norris is doing well for his rookie year, and may turn up to be a real talent.

At the moment, I feel that McLaren doesn't have a real leader.

I have doubts about Sainz carrying the team forward: he had a patchy career so far..

Bas likes this.
  3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I do not think they care. I've not yet had so much as an email as an apology. Every single person I know that's a paying F1 TV (pro) subscriber, has had the same issues all weekend and many issues every weekend. One of my friends to this date hasn't been able to watch a single complete session yet as it either tells him he's in a non supporting region or he can't log in at all....every week! Only works occasionally!

If it was a free service that we'll later have to pay for, fine. I wouldn't complain much. The service is not functional and is not worth paying any money for. The problem is, I can't even use an illegal stream currently as Liberty has them all removed within minutes. But question yourself this...if some nerd from his bedroom can stream an F1 race for free, to thousands, in 4K (!), how come liberty can't even deliver me a stream of acceptable quality? How come Liberty can't give me a functional website that I can log into?

24h series etc. They all manage to give a working stream of great quality. For free! MotoGP manages.

The ineptitude is amazing. And I'm angry that I've paid for a pointless service.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  4. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #504 william, Apr 30, 2019
    Yes Hamilton gets beaten by a team mate sometime, but on average, he dominates them.
    Alonso didn't get ahead of him in 2007: he finishes 3rd, Hamilton 2nd.
    Button had less wins and podiums than Hamilton when they were team mates, I believe.
    Rosberg beat him one season during the 4 years they were together.
    So he HAD competent drivers against him in the same car (all WDC !!!).

You don't get the record of poles, 75 GP wins, 5 WDC titles and numerous podiums by being a lousy driver.

5. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Last great win of that list is in 2010. The article is quite recent.

The amazing Lewis hamilton, that's had a winning capable car in every single year of his career....that's the sum total?

He's a great driver, undeniably. But a GOAT? I'm sorry no, I will not tarnish the GOAT tag with including Hamilton and Vettel on that list.

stavura and classic308 like this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Hamilton just ahead on wins (10-8) and Button more podiums (22-25)

stavura, nsxrebel, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I guess the person who wrote the article never saw those races..Monaco 2008, give me a break, luckyest win i ever saw, crapilton crashes his car against the barriers an blows up a tires, manages to get to the pits and make the switch, than Teflonso (who else) crashes against some poor dude and suddenly the lad of the race just fells into elton's lap...what utter crap!!!

stavura and Bas like this.
  8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Thanks for correcting me; I didn't check before posting.

Bas and 375+ like this.
  9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No one said he was lousy, everyone knows he's good, but he looks a lot better than he really is, as i've said many times, when his Mclaren wasn't top notch, he was rubbing wheels with massa every other race, and his Mclaren was probably better than Massa's ferrari. He's good alrioght, just not as good as english media paints him, he's really not that special.

stavura, nsxrebel and classic308 like this.
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    maybe instead of feeling so upset, you could point out elton's amrvelous and outstanding wins..cause i sure can't find them...but i'll be glad to point you out many of the true greats like Gilles, Michael, Senna, Fangio, etc...

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    #511 william, Apr 30, 2019

Hamilton made a terrific recovery after his initial mishap, and was just there to inherit the win when the leader dropped out.
    It was an excellent drive; sorry you don't see it that way.
    Even if he hadn't won, that was fantastic drive, and he finished the race with a punctured tyre too !!!!.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The only thing his cementing is his bank account and his fanboys ego. Needless to say i don't like him, but i can be pretty objective about it, i can't stand max, but i've already seen him do things, elton could only dream off.
    I couldn't stand Senna, but i had no doubt he was the fastestest driver in his period.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    No one dropped out! , No one made a mistake, Massa was whiping the flçoor with them all, ultil someone left some oil on track and he was the first to arrive without any flags, he went straight into st devote and lost the lead to robert, Elton simply was gifted a free stop because teflonso caused a safety car just right after he had stoped, it wa sbasicaly teh same that happened in Singapur later that year (now that i think of it, that probably what gave him the idea!!). Elton was nowhere in that race and luck, pure luck put him in the lead..it was as simple as that.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

You said it perfectly in the first half of your post...why did you have to ruin it with the second part!! :)

15. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    So you have a problem with his aura in the British media?
    They are just celebratng the best driver of this era, no more.

Senna1994 likes this.
  16. maulaf

maulaf Formula 3

Feb 24, 2011
    Cape Town
    They are just like you: 10-8 wins over a team mate is declared "dominating". You should apply as a ghost writer to Andrew Benson.

P.Singhof, nsxrebel and william like this.
  17. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I think you contradict yourself in that post, but I'll leave it at that.
    After all, you are entitled to your opinions.

18. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I remember the British media using the same style and language when they were reporting on Senna, and later Schumacher.
    They just like to celebrate a winner.

19. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Agree. If this is the best list they got with....you are exacty right, Hamilton crashed, had to go for new tyres etc and literally due to the safety car, he won. Hardly a drive of champions, more like getting a straight flush on your last hand in a **** poker game.

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No you get it by being a superior driver in a dominant car. His stats improved dramatically after joining Mercedes.

Like Lewis, Vettel accumulated his record with a dominant car, he hasn't looked that special since. Neither is GOAT.

Lewis has a mastery of social media, his success at Mercedes coupled with his huge social media presence is what drives this story. He is also an insatiable narcissist which is why I can't stand him.

P.Singhof, stavura, nsxrebel and 3 others like this.
  21. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This. I don’t consider Vettel a GOAT either as he had the best car at RB just like Lewis has had since 2014. Button won in 2009 due to the Brawn double diffuser-no different than SEB or Lew having the fastest car back in 2010-13 or 2014-present. It’s technology run amok now.

william likes this.
  22. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    +1 to the detriment of what is left of the sport.

classic308 and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  23. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hungary 2008 comes to mind.

24. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Fyi, Albon does 379kph and gets a "double slipstream" .

25. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Correction...359kph. My bad. Sorry.

My reading glasses got foggy.:D