Question about Tire Pressure Sensor and Wind Shield | FerrariChat

Question about Tire Pressure Sensor and Wind Shield

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by LukasKazik, May 1, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LukasKazik

LukasKazik Rookie

May 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Lukasz Kazik
    Hello,

We have Ferrari portofino and i have few questions.
    We are on 3000km trip in europe, our ferrari is on original 20' wheels and Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires.
    The car is very hard, uncomfortable. I want to drain the tire pressure by 0.4 bar, i done it and car is much better on long trip but the tire pressure sensor all the time shows the error and makes a sound.
    Is it possible to turn it off or do something to just not bother you?
    What do you think about Michelin PS4s? I heard that pirelli is much softer tire, so ich much more comfortable.

I need to buy windshield to Ferrari portofino, the part number is 7677304, does any of you have for sale?
    Dealers told me that is not available in factory.

Thank you for help!

2. Redneck Slim

Redneck Slim Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2011
    Palo Alto,CA,USA
    Full Name:
    Walt Kimball
    I don't know for sure about the Portofino (mine hasn't arrived yet),but there should be a calibration procedure described in your owners manual.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Ferrari more than any other manufacturer works very closely with the tire suppliers testing cars at Fiorano with test drivers and engineers to come up with the safest tire/size/compound/pressure combination for your car. .4 bar is a considerable change and is being done solely for comfort?
    If comfort is your goal, buy a different car, otherwise put the pressures back where they belong.

4. NGom

NGom Rookie

Aug 5, 2018
    UK and France
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Gomersall
    Our Portofino has Pirelli tyres on 20" Forged wheels plus Magneride and we have coved about 4,000km mostly around France and Spain, with and without lots of luggage and I think the ride quality is excellent for this type of car. Running recommended pressure. I have a spare set of wheels (also 20" forged) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres which I will try later in the year and see how they differ.
    My Portofino came as standard with the folding windshield, I thought all EU spec cars did so I surprised you don't have one.

5. lfc-Q8

lfc-Q8 Rookie

Oct 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    athbi
    you can easily recalibrate the sensor with the new pressure in the tpms menu on the driver left side menu
    good luck