NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 55 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham

of2worlds likes this.
  2. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I think they are still talking about the "FUV", as at present thee isn't anything about that car: I wrote "at least three years" as they still have (had, three months ago) to decide how it will be, so they still are (were) at a blank sheet.

I hope you are right with the "no FUV", but as they want Always more money I wouldn't be so sure about it.

If I can write my opinion, I have to say that the "FUV" (means a raised side supercar with four seats) could be a more like a sort of Lusso "Allroad" (like the Audi A6 Allroad) rather than a car like the Lamborghini URUS

ciao

3. ferr9000

ferr9000 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    Full Name:
    SFF
    Sorry to dissappoint you, but I can confirm that the Ferrari "SUV" or however you would like to call it is more alive than ever before and now it is not only an idea anymore..it is a running project.

4. 635CSI

635CSI F1 Rookie

Jun 26, 2013
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Graham
    To me (for whom an SUV is a never more than a tool) that's a shame, though I fully get the economic case.

5. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    So they gave the green light to the project? My idea is that they want to produce 15-20 K cars per year so they need it and so they will do it.

ciao

Edit
    Do you work there?

Doug23 and of2worlds like this.
  6. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Can they build 20,000 cars? I thought that after the last time they remodeled the factory to make room for the California, their production limit was 10,000.

That was the idea behind all the limited series: making more money without building more cars.

REALZEUS likes this.
  7. TheL

TheL Karting

Jan 11, 2015
    EU
    for one + accompanying person

458-Italia, Shack and of2worlds like this.
  8. 458-Italia

458-Italia Formula 3

Jan 10, 2014
    France
    I prefer so !
    The email specified one person !

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Maserati did not renew their engine contract, so, more Ferrari workers will become available:

https://www.fool.com/earnings/call-transcripts/2019/05/07/ferrari-nv-race-q1-2019-earnings-call-transcript.aspx

Louis Camilleri -- - Chairman & Chief Executive Officer

Well, as you know, we have a contract. And as you know, Maserati has announced that at the end of that contract they will not renew it. So, eventually, we will no longer supply engines to Maserati, which actually from our perspective is actually a good thing, both from a margin perspective but also the fact that we can transfer a lot of the labor that's been focused on the engines to the car side of the business.

F2003-GA, F140C and of2worlds like this.
  10. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Sorry! Have been informed that the invitations are for one person only. No additional companion accepted. Even dealers themselves can only attend with a single person.

Ferrari 308 Vetro and of2worlds like this.
  11. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Well, already since 2013 Maserati engines are just assembled at Ferrari. Engine block for Ghibli and Quatroporte is cast in US by Chrysler and most other parts are coming from different sources within Fiat group.

of2worlds likes this.
  12. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    And with hybridisation/electrification IC engine design becomes less critical as they downscale.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I spent one entire day at the factory on June 15, 2013. The V6 crankcase (a Chrysler Pentastar cast aluminum not finished nor machined yet) was machined a the V6 building as well as the heads. Heads were casted at Ferrari foundry in the building aside. All the Maserati V6 engine is built there: Only the Crankcase casting comes from Chrysler.

Ciao

of2worlds likes this.
  14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Did anyone else appreciate the title being “strong track-record”?

15. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The FUV according to realiable members posts is still happening. Ferrari had a completed design that was scrapped and work started over from a blank sheet of paper.

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  16. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Camilleri himself said the feedback about the FUV (F175?) has been quite positive so far, from both dealers and clients. So it's definitely real and happening.

@JTSE30 Thanks for the link. I like Camilleri's comment about building in-house rather than buying (batteries, cells etc.), if possible. Certainly the way to go to have an advantage.

of2worlds likes this.
  17. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    The ICE will remain a vital and cutting edge part. It will just be supplemented by an electric element.

18. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think that reply was regarding Maserati's decision to not renew the engine contract with Ferrari....

Completely agree regarding Ferrari, without a vital and cutting edge IC engine, it will become a less obvious choice...

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    the re-start (for what I know) cannot have been a lot of time ago. So the project is still at the beginning, more or less. I think we won't see any FUV in the next two years.

ciao

of2worlds, crinoid and kandi like this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Far as I know the only Engines made by Ferrari are for the QP GTS and the GranTurismo.

21. cesman

cesman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2008
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Yes, 100% I was referring to Maserati

22. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I guess that they could be built by FPT to the exact same specifications. Or Maserati could start building them in house.

23. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    keithos27 likes this.
  24. maximilien

maximilien Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2005
    Capitale of Europe
    Full Name: