Reverse camera | FerrariChat

Reverse camera

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by kuto0314, May 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    hi yall, would like ask does anyone here have install a reverse camera for your testarossa? As i have went through a few wireless backup camera, mostly review were bad, but the Flat 12 engine is to hot to installed wired backup camera. As the car had just fully restore, it would be best to be precaution than sorry.

2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Fully restored TR?! Sweet! Do you have any pics?

turbo-joe likes this.
  3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  4. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    hi all, sorry for not introducing myself before asking. currently my dad own this 1989 testarossa (should be 89) for nearly 20 years. he bought it during the late 90s when everyone told him he should invest himself a property instead of a ferrari testarossa. He has been collecting toy model cars like matchbox, tomy, maestro, bburago since he was young. i was once drove out his testarossa without his consent and **** tends to happen when you try to do something behind your parents. I drove the car out during night to pick my brother, i did realize the aircond is not cold & the dashboard light seems a bit deem than usual. so i thought it could be due to old car, light is tends to be deem. Arrived at my brothers work place ( a mall somewhere in Kuala Lumpur city centre), while waiting for him to come down, i felt it would be best to turn off the engine, as i din't want to make people to inhale the carbon monoxide (yes im trying to be environmental friendly with my dad's testarossa). Next thing, when my brother finally onboard, (you may guess it) the car couldn't start. i told myself, "ok nothing can be worse than driving a ferrari with flat battery + without father's consent.". So i called my father, i got scolded not because of just flat battery but also an expired roadtax, which can be accused by Malaysia enforcement that i could have stolen the car or no insurance will be cover if ****s happened (LOL). Long story short, the car was safely return to home & got a long long long lectured by my dad for being "EPIC". it happened back in late 2013.

Fast foward to 2 years ago, he decided took this car to restore (with some scratch with the front bumper cause of the slop to go up hill causes some damage (which i always think the car should be raise a few more inches in order to safely run around the city) & used 1 and a half year to get everything everything done (interior & exterior). you may see it from the pic below.

As i was told he would want to pass the car to me as my this year birthday present, i was shocked & i think i should have put super extra care with the car. by start getting to drive more manual car on hill slop lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    hi all, would able to recommend any reverse sensor or camera?

6. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    If you ran a cable back from the cabin, you could just wrap it in heat shielding. So you could hard wire it. No idea which camera though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I got excited too until I saw its a repaint and belt service.

8. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    sorry to disappoint you, may be my english definition is wrong about the word restored. i should have put repaint instead.

9. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    not sure, that would it melt the cable, but i dont mind giving a try! thanks for the advice!

10. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    You may not need a back up camera. You get use to the size of the car. It's not that big of a car. Just be careful.

11. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    It is not that big, may be just wanna take super precaution, as it was just repaint & touch-up, so i suppose prevention always better than cure. haha

12. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    Haha true that is good. My TR has been repainted in the rear right corner because I think someone scratched it while backing up.

kuto0314 likes this.
  13. kuto0314

kuto0314 Rookie

Oct 15, 2012
    thats frustrating :/ have you ever thought of changing the absorber to adjustable so when going down slop can prevent front scrap?

14. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    The front scrapes but that's an easy fit. The paint work is on the body in the rear while reversing. So what I'm saying is, maybe a back up camera would be good.

15. kartboy1234

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    My cars paint needs work, but it'll be repainted in the next few years

16. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Aliexpress: wifi rearview cams … work fine and use your handy as screen. Abou $ 40 each.

17. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    None of the original wiring in your engine bay is special to cope with the temperatures--It's just plain wire. There are many cars that have a hard-wired backup camera. Run the wiring carefully and it will be fine--if you are really concerned there are insulation sleeves that you can run the wiring through but again, you shouldn't need them. From the photos I don't see pre-cats or catalytic converters--those create much of the heat in the engine bay.

18. ital351

ital351 Rookie

Oct 18, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    David
    Kuto - I have the solution! Go wash your car! No seriously when you wash the car, the hands touch and learn the surface as you look at it. After a few washes and waxes, it becomes much easier to look out the back window while backing up and KNOW how far the non-visable portions of the car extend.
    Simple! Plus you get to admire that sensual bodywork!
    Just sayin'...
    Goggles