Pista for sale...$577,000 | FerrariChat

Pista for sale...$577,000

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by 09Scuderia, May 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I saw that one. Lets see if it actually sells.

Btw - I still have not seen a single Pista in town. Our dealer said they are getting about 10 allocations. I think there are about 40 official dealers in the US - so if each is getting lets just say 15 allocations on average- that puts about 600 Pistas in the US. That seems awful low. But if it is the case, it might explain the 577k ask on the listing above.

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    My dealer is one of the smallest ones in the country and has delivered at least 3 Pista the past 1.5 months. They still have open allocations as they offered to give me one if I bought their Lusso that’s been sitting for about 400 days in inventory.

cridom60, LARRYH, Albert-LP and 3 others like this.
  3. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    My dealer has got to be on the smaller end of the spectrum. I was told 5 pistas total on order, none delivered yet.

If there are still allocations available, it seems odd for the dealer to continue making it conditional eg contingent on Lusso purchase. Why not just sell a Pista? Perhaps the dealer is waiting for the absolute last minute to offer a build without conditions? Or they’ll submit as a straw purchase so the car can be sold as second hand after delivery (if this is even a thing)?

4. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    That may be but I stated 15 Pistas per dealer and 40 dealers in the US. That is 600 cars in the US.

I don’t know what the true number will be but around here- Pista is a unicorn. Rare and not seen by me personally.

5. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    10 or so from my folks. 5 forms yours. Pista is rare.

I’ll say it again- have not seen one in the flesh.

6. Scudmsl

Scudmsl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 12, 2014
    USA
    I will be the 4th in Atlanta market. Due any day.

blkdiablo33 and SoCal to az like this.
  7. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

U might not see any since most ppl won’t drive them... i though they didn’t have limited numbers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Why aren’t they driving them?

And again- 10 or so allocations from my dealer. 5 from another. Even if we take 15 allocations per dealer- and 40 dealers in the US would mean about 600 Pistas in the US-

That is one rare bird of true.

9. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s sad though not to drive them; disappointing if not sad

SoCal to az likes this.
  10. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I don’t disagree.

But I think you proved my point- they aren’t driving then supposedly, because the car is rare and the owners think the car is going to be something unique and special in the history of Ferrari’s.

cridom60 and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

I don’t think it will- the stradale, the spéciale maybe but the pista...I’m not sure: it doesn’t look special enough; it doesn’t sound special and for the fastest Ferrari out there it’s not as fast as a 720s and the 720sLT is not even out...it is still a gorgeous Ferrari but I don’t see it marking history.

cridom60 likes this.
  12. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Dont forget the Scud!;)

Shark01, tonyswfla and Bhh like this.
  13. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #14 ttforcefed, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    where does this idea that it's going to be rare come from? there will be at least the same number of pistas than speciales, and they made a ton of speciales. we know how many cars they want to make for 2019 and 2020 so why all the hoopla that it might be limited? pretty reasonable to expect 2500 coupes and 500 to 1000 convertibles. there is ZERO chance they make 1200 coupes.

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Fully agreed.

15. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
  16. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    The idea of the car being rare comes from limited allocations in the US and hardly any seen on the geound

17. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    is that relevant though? really depends on where you live too....around this part of the country you see exotics all the time. also, FFs are super rare, but not worth much.

18. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    TT- I don’t know if it’s relevant. But I live in ana area where Ferrari’s, Porsche’s, lambo are a dime a dozen. These cars are seen daily.

Across the street from my office is a Porsche, Ferrari, lambo, Bugatti amongst other cars dealership. It’s a large dealership.

This dealership is getting 10 or so Pista allocations. Add to that I haven’t seen a single Pista in the flesh on the road . There are tons of car gatherings, exotic hangouts, high end restaurants that have exotics parked in front all the time.

no Pistas.

Now the car may be rare it may not be. I don’t know. I’m only reporting what I see.

But there is one for sale in the US. One!

What it means to values god only knows but at this time I’m just stating what I see and I see no Pistas.

09Scuderia and of2worlds like this.
  19. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I've seen one, San Diego Ferrari in April when I took my 458 in for service. I didn't ask the price or where it came from (because there was a LaFerrari on the other side of the room).

20. rob5819

rob5819 Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Rob Barry
    #21 rob5819, May 10, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Second LaFerrari I've seen at San Diego Ferrari (and, yes, that is a Prius out on the street).

of2worlds likes this.
  21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I think Canadian dealers will get about 87 Pista coupes to sell.

22. kevin1244

kevin1244 Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2008
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    KAA
    Seems like this Pista was spec'ed to be flipped.
    I will be going to the Ferrari Challenge at Laguna Seca tomorrow with my Pista. I will report how many Pistas will be there.

pdxjim488, F12JAJ and SoCal to az like this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Cough. No.

24. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    Hi SoCal

I haven’t seen any on the road but have seen a few at dealerships awaiting collection. Pace of delivery finally seems to be picking up in NYC area.

Unfortunately I still haven’t seen mine....

In terms of numbers I think larger dealers got about 20. No idea about smaller dealer allocations.

of2worlds and SoCal to az like this.