360 - 360 F1 troubles! | FerrariChat

360 360 F1 troubles!

Discussion in '360/430' started by jg360, May 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    I have been working on my F1 system for a year and have been chipping away at a bunch of issues. So I’m getting an inconsistent grinding when shifting up or down. It doesn’t grunt in the same gear every time. If I back off the throttle and shift then no grinding. It’s basically under a heavy load. It doesn’t grind at full tilt either. I’m at the point of just pulling the trans and replacing everything in there. Before I do this. This is my last attempt to figure out this last issue. I’m posting the latest printout of all the values for you guys. Maybe someone can let me know if they notice anything out of spec.

Basically have replaced the pump, accumulator and actuator. Bleed the system several times. Replaced the oil and trans oil as well. Did the centering and relearn process over and over.
    Pressure looks good. Played around with the pis but no change. I was told the delta centering value looks high but I’ve tried to recenter and keep getting the same value.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Attached Files:

2. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
  3. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
  4. radlu

radlu Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    You're on the right path.
    Yeah, I would replace everything in the Transmission. Geers, Shafts, Bearings, Diff. Sickros, Etc

5. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    Might as well replace the car....

6. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
  7. becir1

becir1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2008
    Germany
    #7 becir1, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
    Hi jg360
    The Clutch Wear Index value is too low.
    The Clutch Wear Index value should be between 3000 and 4000. I would set the PIS Point from 4.97 to 5.1, and do a self-learning test and drive the car for 1 hour or more. To turn more often the gears. Then read the clutch wear index again with the diagnosis. Now the value should have gone up.
    Which diagnosis version do you have?
    With X-Diag PRO3 you can also use decimal numbers with version 10.80. Incidentally, the PIS value at CFC 201 SoFast 1 are
    Min. 4.8 / Base 5.1 / Max 5.4
    The clutch wear index learns during the ride and during the gear change, the longer you drive the more the system learns.
    After setting the PIS point, the circuit will not switch so well, but that will change during the ride it is getting better.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

brookliner7 likes this.
  8. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    becir1, I am currently using the EZdiag. I am able to change the pis with a decimal but is a little tricky since it spits out a different number than what is entered. I did have it set above 5 and the car was shifting very lazy! I’ll try it again and see what the wear index value comes back at.

9. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

leonardo does the same with a different number(close)

so no worries unless you entered 4.5 and it comes up with 4.7

10. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    I’m just getting worried about the grinding. It seems as if the clutch is not being engaged enough to have a smooth shift. Almost like a 6speed when depressing the clutch pedal halfway and trying to shift and it would grind.

11. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Sounds like the clutch is intermittently disengaging. Pressure plate and/or throw out bearing is about to go south would be my guess. Any visible trans-axle oil leak? You've tried everything that I would do. A mechanical issue will not be solved by fiddling with any type of TCU parameter adjustments. I would start doing a tear down at this point.

brookliner7 likes this.
  12. eric355

eric355 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2005
    Toulouse (France)
    Full Name:
    Eric DECOUX
    My guess also.
    With a new clutch position value at 14.59 mm and a current closed clutch position at 19.88mm, your clutch wear is about 90% ! I would seriously think at looking at it ...

13. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    No help here as I'm gated, but that was the same fella that told another member to just replace a quarter panel and go after a bad engine bay fire. I thought he was joking....he wasn't.

14. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    So I thought that by subtracting the two and dividing by 8.5 you get the clutch wear. I thought I was around 60%

15. UrbanHero

UrbanHero Rookie

Apr 18, 2019
    New York Pothole City
    Full Name:
    M
    Does EZdiag allow you to bleed the system after you changed the Actuator? My actuator just developed a small leak and I'm contemplating if I should remove and take a look at it and see if I can repair it since I'm very hands on.... 2000 360 f1.

16. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    When is the last time the entire clutch was changed with the throwout bearing? How many miles are on the car?

17. UrbanHero

UrbanHero Rookie

Apr 18, 2019
    New York Pothole City
    Full Name:
    M
    28691k currently on the clock, clutch was changed at 24k.... 30k service was performed in January at 28500k.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    40k. Not sure when the last clutch change was. No service records.

19. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    I figured that the clutch would be slipping if it were getting close to its last leg

20. UrbanHero

UrbanHero Rookie

Apr 18, 2019
    New York Pothole City
    Full Name:
    M
    I was wondering does the Ezdiag allow you to do functions like bleeding out the f1 system

21. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
  22. viperguy

viperguy Rookie

Feb 4, 2004
    Hello, could you share more about the ezdiag scanner tool. What tool you used to go with the ezdiag software? I am having F1 problems on my 01 360 and I need a scanner, my autel 908 pro does not work. What year is your car? I appreciate any help. Thanks

23. UrbanHero

UrbanHero Rookie

Apr 18, 2019
    New York Pothole City
    Full Name:
    M
    https://m.obd2tool.com/goods-5052-Launch+X431+iCarScan+Bluetooth+Diagnostic+Scanner+for+Android.html

That's the tool to use, and it works for all years of the 360!! It ships from China....

tifosi101 likes this.
  24. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri
    So looks like I was able to get the delta actuator venting down from -73 to -48 and improved the shifting and most of the grinding went away. I figured to try and and get it lower but ended up going back up to -79. I need some help on the proper procedure. I was just trying different thing and not sure what I did to get it to lower. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

25. jg360

jg360 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 8, 2018
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    John Gurrieri