Need help!!! Scuderia 430 starter cranking but no start | FerrariChat

Need help!!! Scuderia 430 starter cranking but no start

Discussion in '360/430' started by Steven chong, May 13, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steven chong

Steven chong Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chong pei wen
  2. shubchs

shubchs Karting

Aug 22, 2015
    Saint Paul MN
    Full Name:
    Steve
    So sorry for the fault Steven. I'm just about ready to de-mothball my 430. so let us know if and when you get the problem solved and how.

3. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I can do an Immobilizer delete for you if you want to get your car working inexpensively. Pm me I've done a Scud already and it works 100%

Steven chong and whatheheck like this.
  4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Low battery? Has the battery been checked and is it fully charged?

5. Steven chong

Steven chong Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chong pei wen
    Battery changed cranking no problem

6. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The immo light has gone out so it doesn't appear to be that. Can you turn off the hazards via the switch? The oil pressure warning light and fuel filler flap warning are also illuminated. I assume the fuel filler flap is closed? Does the F1 warning light go out in time?

7. Steven chong

Steven chong Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chong pei wen
    Hazard switch tested no problem. When I turn on the key the hazard start flashing, oil pressure warning because engine doesn't start up, fuel filler flap warning can disappear, F1 warning light also can disappear

8. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Any codes in the instrument cluster?

9. Steven chong

Steven chong Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chong pei wen
    No

10. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Then I can't help further, sorry. It's something I'd need to run through with the car in front of me. Hopefully someone else can chip in - if not I'd have it towed to a shop.

11. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Just so people know

I stepped in and offered help in the form of an immobilizer delete for another Scud guy only yesterday with same problem and after reflashing it started first time. So removal of failure prone immobilizer yet again resolved the problem.

Done a few Scuds now...

12. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Trev, the immo doesn't have any interface/control over the hazard lights. Did the Scuderia you worked on have the same symptoms?

13. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I didn't physically see the car as it was thousands of miles away. :)

What I have observed is that after removing the immobilizer unit (blue box) and re-flashing the ecus in every single case I've come across so far (including the one I did for member komag on here yesterday) has resulted in all of the non-starting issues vanishing. Since there is no electronic inhibiting of the engine start it just fires up regardless...

14. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I think if the immobilizer is gone it virtually eliminates these kind of weird issues. Even if you just use turning it off for fault finding it can be very useful to help with process of elimination. You can always reflash ecus for immo to be reactivated.

The hazards is an interesting one though and suggests something related to the alarm ecu or indicators ecu. The immobilizer unit does have connection to the dashboard and in turn the dashboard can talk to the indicators so its not beyond possible that it thinks its in a weird state triggering hazards flashing. If all 3 ecu's are out of state due to fault conditions who knows how it behaves. I'd have to reverse engineer the firmware in all the ecu's to know for certain but doubt its worth the effort.

15. Steven chong

Steven chong Rookie

May 11, 2019
    Full Name:
    Chong pei wen
    Thank a lot of Yr guy replied, finally I found the problem it caused by fuel cut triggering after reset everything going fine and the reset button locate passenger side left panel

16. 24000rpm

24000rpm F1 Rookie

yea, i just saw the post

isn't it obvious that the fuel was cutoff????? look at the TFT screen!