Garage Queens | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Garage Queens

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Chizz, May 4, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JimPVB

JimPVB Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2016
    Florida
    To all, thanks guys, very kind.

Jim

2. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    No need to apologize... completely appropriate and I understood your intent

Viperjoe likes this.
  3. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    #53 Jasflora, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Totally agree, unless the weather is bad I drive mine daily. So what if I have to put up with a £20k depreciation over a year or two; enjoyable time is my most valuable asset and there’s little more enjoyable than driving my 458 when it’s sunny.

sampelligrino and 635CSI like this.
  4. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    That made me laugh, so true!

Jason Wells and pdxjim488 like this.
  5. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    Hear hear!

6. FerrariCT

FerrariCT Rookie

Mar 28, 2017
    Cape Town
    Think about when we are all 6 feet under , which will happen !! I can assure you , you will wish you had driven your prancing horse more often ! I agree to savor, ( moderation ) but to purposely deprive yourself such joy to save miles , is a financial affordability matter , something you won’t care about when in your grave . Enjoy enjoy enjoy !

7. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    With the total production numbers of the 458 (about 18,000), I would suggest that these cars while wonderful examples of the marque, will never be a collectible in most of our lifetimes -- if ever.

I actually wonder how the market will treat these 458s as currently there are hundreds for sale and many more that will be on the market as time goes by as owners want to "move up" to a different model. And trust me, I love the 458.

8. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Really agree on this one!

BOKE and Jasflora like this.
  9. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Ok all of you awesome people! I bought a 2017 Cali T today. Special Handling package. 1800 miles on it. In the process of negotiating on a 458 I saw the California T sat in it and drove it. Fell in love and got a great deal. Can’t wait to get it.

BOKE, tomc, uhn2000 and 3 others like this.
  10. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Put some miles on that Cali T!

I'll bet it will be a great daily driver.

Chizz likes this.
  11. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I had a Cali T HS and it is a great car. Same year as yours only you got a better deal. I paid $240k for it untitled and traded it for $175k a year later to get my 488 Spider. I bet yours didn't even cost $175k.

Chizz likes this.
  12. Marcello Mirabelli

Oct 31, 2018
    Full Name:
    Marcello Mirabelli
    No apology necessary, you are honest about your feelings and I think we all can respect that. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!! LOL

Chizz, Viperjoe and JimPVB like this.
  13. Baitschev

Baitschev Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2017
    Vienna
  14. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    Looks like you are firing on all cylinders as well as the Ferrari, well done pal!

Chizz and JimPVB like this.
  15. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora

16. Newjoint

Newjoint Formula 3

Jan 17, 2016
    I once had a patient exclaim “Boy did you see that FERRARI with MD plates parked outside! What hutspah!” Not realizing it was mine.
    I agreed with him and went on with the exam as if it wasn’t.
    Of course he was a CEO of a decent sized company
    Today I drive my lifted modded Jeep Wrangler and patients exclaim “Doc is that your Jeep outside.?Awesome ride! If you ever sell it call me!”
    Jealousy knows no bounds in today’s society so much easier to avoid the encounters
    That said I do occasionally take it to the office but park it elsewhere

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

PJxxx, Jasflora and Chizz like this.
  17. kimwizzzuuu

kimwizzzuuu Karting

Aug 26, 2018
    new york
    Full Name:
    Kim
    sampelligrino and Jasflora like this.
  18. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
  19. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
  20. 29ster

29ster Rookie

Apr 1, 2015
    Life would be much better with no odometers... We would drive more and worry less.

21. hjay

hjay Rookie

Mar 20, 2008
    Great Q, the newer cars can certainly take it. Mine has 11,000 miles now and I have not spent one dime on it! Love Porsches too but you need to try a 458. You won't be sorry. I have a 458 coming up for sale and someone will get a very nice car.

Chizz likes this.
  22. rttj777

rttj777 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 3, 2014
    Georgia
    I have to admit, I don't drive it in bad weather. Not because it'll hurt it, because I'll have to wash it! I feel I owe it to Enzo to have it looking nice when people see it. (My wife wishes I felt the same about my appearance) Plus, when you wash it you see things in the finish that you can't unsee. Even though mine is full body clear wrapped and no one else will ever even notice. The other day, my wife needed to run a quick errand 3 miles away. Her BMW is perfectly serviceable and she's a good driver, but it was sunny! So, 45 miles later, we got back home with the errand completed and sore cheeks from smiling and laughing. Miles be damned! There's no resale value on that kind of experience........

stavura, Jasflora, boogie and 3 others like this.
  23. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I take my Lambo to the office from time to time. My clients seem to appreciate it.

Chizz likes this.
  24. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    I actually agree at least for Ferrari. Ferrari resale values are so mileage sensitive. Buyers seem to believe that a Ferrari's wheels will fall off at 10,000 miles. It's strange to see buyers post "WANTED" ads then list mandatory items such as "MUST BE BELOW 2000 miles!!!".

Also, my experience selling past exotic cars, most buyers don't actually properly check for condition. They automatically assume that <3000 miles means amazing condition. I assure anyone looking for an exotic, low mileage does not necessarily mean better condition!

Just a few months ago, someone on Rennlist reported that a Porsche dealer had 4 GT2RS in inventory vandalized. All 4 had to have multiple panels repainted. Brand new cars with clean CarFax.

Apollo 11 likes this.