Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 109 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    It's so funny that here we have spent more than 100 pages discussing Lance Stroll's racecraft (or lack of) when he will become just a footnote in F1.

DF1 likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

So let’s talk about Mercedes more lol :). Not much about them lately :)

3. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I’d like to see any of you go head to head with lance.

Honestly, it’s sad to read how much hate and negative energy is in this thread.

william likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    so we can't criticize any driver then?

furoni, stavura and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  5. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    With the tens of millions of dollars his father has spent on his career he should be a WDC. He's not and never will be. Tough ****.

jgonzalesm6 likes this.
  6. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Put a zero at the end of that now.

7. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #2707 teak360, May 14, 2019
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
    Oh well, the world can be a sad place. Lance Stroll's dad reminds me of the rich parents that paid big bucks to get their not-so-smart kids into UCLA (of all places).
    It angers people because colleges are viewed as meritocracies (though they really aren't) and paying your way in is illegal. Well, most of us wish F1 was a meritocracy.
    It is as far as the top engineers and designers go; if you're not damn good you're out. No one's daddy is going to pay any team millions so his son can design barge boards.
    The sad part is it is nowhere near a meritocracy, and has never been, as it pertains to the drivers, and that is extremely annoying to a lot of fans. It is less annoying when the driver produces, but really annoying when daddy buys an entire F1 team for a kid who's destined to languish at the back of the field.
    We all know Nico would have never have set foot in an F1 car if not for his dad, but he could actually drive, and lucked into the top team. Lance couldn't win in a Mercedes.

stavura, Bas and DF1 like this.
  8. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Respect has to be earnt; its not bought.

Stroll acts like a spoilt brat; he demonstrated that in spades last year at Williams.

So until such time that he does something, anything, that warrants our respect, I reserve the right to roast him!

OhioMark, stavura, 375+ and 2 others like this.
  9. DF1

I recommend more heat on this undercooked entre lol :)

Bas likes this.
  10. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    Dude, Lance is a very good driver, probably the best Canadian driver nowadays. Is he on par with the best of the world? Clearly not!

I can easily list you 20 drivers or so that are much more talented than Stroll but didn't reach F1 because they don't have very rich dads.

The issue here is not that he is there just because of the money, that's his & his father problem and nobody should complain about it. The real issue is that HE IS TAKING the place from a talented driver who would be there by merit. Did you forget about Ocon???

I'm repeating myself here but I mentioned many pages ago that during three weekends in 2012 I was inside the same team (not as a driver) where Stroll, Verstappen, Mazepin, and Ticktum were racing in the European karting. The problem is not Lance itself, the impression I got is that the kid is easy going, not arrogant as some say here. The big problem is his father who thinks he can compensate the lack of talent of his son with shed loads of money. Lance is just living the dream but his father is a maniac, I speak from my own experience.

11. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Yes, but not to the point of obsession, which this thread is becoming to look like.

12. P_RSR

P_RSR Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2014
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Honestly, you guys all sounds super ******* jealous.

If given the opportunity in Lance's shoes, how many of you can honestly say you wouldn't be driving in F1?

Podium in Baku doesn't just happen from luck. Nothing in this sport does. He has talent. Stop being so salty. Just like Ocon's tears...

13. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Given the choice, I would have prefered to be in Lawrence Stroll's shoes than in Lance Stroll's seat.

I can say that driving a F1 never looked attractive to me; but owning a F1 team would be an interesting proposition.

P_RSR and tomc like this.
  14. DF1

The 'stage' father lol...so to speak

stavura and Bas like this.
  15. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    So you think his 2nd place finish [COUGH.....100 meters later]....I mean 3rd place finish in Baku 2017 was solely on talent alone?

Did you watch the race from beginning to end??

And no, most of us hear are not jealous.

375+, Flavio_C, DF1 and 2 others like this.
  16. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Typical. This has been discussed plenty times. No one here is jealous. We're just making fun of the fact that he very publicly bought his way in and turned out to be a talentless hack. If he was talented no one could give a **** if he bought his way in or was hired.

stavura and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  17. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    It seems like we watched completely different races. :rolleyes: Are you serious? That podium was indeed pure luck!

Bas likes this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Wrong, lot's of things happen for sheer luck, his podium was just one of those things....

Bas likes this.
  19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I admit i'm a bit jealous..i mean who wouldn't love to have tons of cash to melt in whatever you choose!!? But he still sucks as hell!

Bas likes this.
  20. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Jealous of lance?? God no.

I hope to think I have some integrity and would be down right embarrassed if my “daddy” bought me into a career. I wouldn’t be able to look anybody in the eye; let alone myself in the mirror or hot pit girls !!!

Off course I would have given it a go; but as soon as I realised I was not up to it I would step back.

As I said, respect has to be earned, not bought!!!!! End of.

DF1 likes this.
  21. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Loool

[gptoday] Montoya joins Racing Point as Strolls coach.

22. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I’ve said this before....I'm just jealous. World by the balls. I would love to be a non-****** version of Lance Stroll.

23. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    My dislike for him is based purely on facts. Money has **** all to do with it. Especially of this forum of all places, what a ridiculous accusation.

If I had the same option joining f1, yeah I'd jump at the chance. Difficult to say when I'd get out though. Knowing the extra prep he enjoyed probably end of last year. And yes I'd continue racing but in a different sport where a) less focus on myself b) a bigger chance at winning. I would quite likely go LMP1 racing instead and compete in the indy 500 each year.

TheMayor and jgonzalesm6 like this.
  24. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Same here, I know for a fact that if I was'nt cutting it in F1 knowing I had Strolls money, I'd go WEC or DTM.

The thing with Stroll is his father knowing all the money that he has spent so far. "Hey dad, I'm not good in F1.....can I do something else??? Would his father be supportive or would there be a backlash against his son; would Lawrence support his son in other motorsport endeavors?? Or would the father get angry and tell his son "You're going into the family business!!!" "No more motorsports for you" I don't think Lance has the "cajones" to tell his dad then and even more so now.

Bas likes this.
  25. DF1

The hand, feed , biting situation lol

stavura, jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.