458 - Speciale standard options and option pricing | FerrariChat

458 Speciale standard options and option pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Shermanator, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    After a 9 month search, I bought a Speciale the day before yesterday. For those of you that are following the market, I bought the Argento Nurburgring one from Boardwalk Ferrari. I have the original sticker and a build sheet and am just curious to reconcile the original MSRP against the options that this car has. This one has a pretty long list of options, so most are just grouped under “OTHER OPTIONS” on the sticker. The sales consultant there (Jhanifor) did a nice job of researching the pricing on the options, but the numbers add up to about $14k more than the MSRP.

So the first question is, what of the things usually shown as options were really standard on the Speciale and would have been included in the base price? A couple of suspects are Ferrari Telemetry and racing seats. Maybe forged wheels. I have only seen one Speciale listed without telemetry and that could have been a mistake.

Were there any option packages that would have been discounted from the sum of the parts? This does not seem like a Ferrari thing, but I am trying to find a way to make the numbers add up.

Is there any option price list out there or another thread where others have compiled option pricing for Speciales?

Is there a window sticker sharing thread? That might be fun.

2. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    Telemetry is free. Track Camera Telemetry, which enhances the existing telemetry, is an option.

There is a website called Autobytel where you can accurately build your car with original MSRP using the option list they pull from the VIN.

Another common mistake is Carbon Fiber Stile seats. Many English speakers think that means Carbon Fiber Style seats in general, but it actually refers to a specific upholstery design, seen here: https://www.astonmartinofgreenwich.com/galleria_images/1360/1360_p26_l.jpg

If your car doesn't have that design in the seats, it doesn't have the Stile seats option

Forged wheels are standard in Corsa Grey. Any other color is an option.

3. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    I have a lot of information that you are looking for but will be away from my computer till tomorrow. Will offer what I have then. Big fan of your spec...these pictures will tell you why. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Shermanator

Shermanator Karting

Aug 31, 2018
    SoCal, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Sherman Gregory
    Thank you, this is really helpful.
    I did not know about that web site. With that I was able to exactly build my car and that answered all my questions.
    Good call on the Stile vs. Style seats, I know the difference between stile and style, but that was one of the errors in my pricing estimate. I had it priced with the SRSC option seats you show in your link and my car has the standard RSCH seats. Even the Autobytel web site calls them "Style" instead of "Stile".

5. PunjabiM3

PunjabiM3 Rookie

Apr 22, 2019
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Jay Sidhu
    If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up getting it for? I live in Dallas and have been searching now for a few months for a Speciale, have my eyes on a few and am really curious as to actual sale price versus listing price. Also, what was the original MSRP of your car? Feel free to message me privately. Thank you!

6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    By the way, I’m currently in the middle of the Mille Miglia in my Speciale because my 812 didn’t arrive in time. I have done many trips in her - Venice, Le Mans multiple times, Spain, Italian Alps, Swiss Alps, French Alps, Maranello and now the MM. What an event but what a car! I always knew it and this event just reaffirms it. When pushing on, especially with twisty and challenging roads, there is not another car I have driven that comes close to the connection I get in the Speciale. We really are great mates!

Clay512TR likes this.
  7. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’ve posted some sales markers in the “Speciale Market” thread.

Sent from my 16M