NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER) | Page 118 | FerrariChat

NEW V8 MID ENGINED MODEL (BIG BROTHER)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by ajr550, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Not sure yet...the car looked incredible in Rosso, I personally thought that the Asseto Fiorano livery did not suit the car at all...So the only thing I know is that it will have no stripes... My Pista is Rosso F1 2007, that is the only thing that puts me off ordering another red car

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    You are not mad...It looks incredible in real life, very nicely crafted...I just don’t know if I would ever dare taking out of my pocket, in fear of what my friends would say...It is quite flashy...

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

3. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet

4. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    This is simply a gorgeous car and once again shows that a Ferrari is a Ferrari. As a 488 GTB owner I was not moved by the Pista or F8 as they just seemed to similar to the GTB but this car is a revolution. Nothing even comes close from the competition. Well done Ferrari!!!!!

5. red passion

red passion Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2012
    Hockenheim, Germany
    There will be a less shouty one:

"The SF90 Stradale also sees the debut of the new ignition key with full keyless technology which will gradually be introduced across the rest of the range, personalised with the model’s name. Thanks to a special compartment in the central tunnel, it becomes an integral part of the car’s styling.

In addition to the sporty version, which references the shape and colour of the signature rectangular Prancing badge sported by Ferrari’s road cars, there will also be a more elegant metal-coloured version."

of2worlds and Caeruleus11 like this.
  6. F140C

F140C Formula 3

Nov 25, 2016
    Piedmont
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Can't wait to see the first ones on the road. Imho light colors like Argento or Bianco would make it look even better (more so with no stripes or black roof).

of2worlds likes this.
  7. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Interested to see that rendition, because didn’t they say that this would be the new key style on all new Ferraris moving forward?

The key Seb had in his hand, that would be a bit too much for me personally. The red hand Grenade like key for the 488 etc that they went to from the small red real key from beautiful Pininfarina (lol) series was already a bit much...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kandi likes this.
  8. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm sure you'd carry a key that looks like a 12 inch horse dildo too if you had to. That's not the point. The point is that giant showy keys are dumb and dated.

I don't carry a billfold wallet because technology has moved on from cash. I don't carry a bunch of cards anymore because I have many of them stored in my phone and keep only a couple important ones. I don't carry a bunch of keys because technology moved on and we have wifi connected locks biometrics.

A giant Ferrari shield key on a car with keyless entry and a push-button start is dumb.

9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    They key is a statement piece and befitting of a 500k car. It looks fantastic.

paulchua, Jo Sta7, spyderman and 3 others like this.
  10. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree about the AF livery. And normally I like the more aggressive look, but for some reason I keep thinking I like the normal styling more, it just flows better. However, the AF has some substantial upgrades. Like the multimatic shocks. I will definitely go for that. Right now I am leaning towards Grigio Scuro. I think a non metallic color will suit this shape well. I think Ferrari has been very clever with * the styling; * the technology; * the options/ pricing. I'm really excited about this car!

F140C, of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  11. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    100% agree. Non metallic colour, no stripes but full Asseto Fiorano package. That would make an awesome car!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

F2003-GA and Caeruleus11 like this.
  12. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    First of all, cash is still King. It works even when the power is out and it can literally save your life in emergency situations. I never leave my house without cash.
    Secondly, I hate it when all things are concentrated inside a single item. Case in point, a mobile phone. What happens if the battery dies, or you drop it and it breaks, or someone steals it? I carry 2 phones for that reason alone and of course physical keys cannot be hacked. As for the keyless entry, I would recommend a Faraday pouch, which blocks the signal.
    On the giant Ferrari key-card though, I will have to agree with you. It's just for the show. I would just keep it in my pocket, as I do with all my keys. Flaunting them is crass and laughable!!!

13. CT Audi Fan

CT Audi Fan Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2011
    A giant Ferrari shield key on a car with keyless entry and a push-button start never has to leave your pocket. And I already carry around 12 inches so don’t need a horse dildo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    You guys are weak. I have a giant Ferrari shield tattooed on my 12 inches. One stop solution.

Stradalelover, Doug23 and SoCal to az like this.
  15. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I figured out how to make mine 12 inches. Fold it in half!
    (Yes it’s third grade all over again)

rp456, SmokinV10 and tekaefixe like this.
  16. Wouter van Meer

Aug 19, 2018
    Full Name:
    Dulac
    of2worlds, Caeruleus11, F140C and 2 others like this.
  17. Clembo

Clembo Formula Junior

Wow - mine didn't get that big until 5th grade. :)

SoCal to az likes this.
  18. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Monza SP door open upwards to some degree

19. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Grigio Silverstone ?

20. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    If you are asking about the grey SF90 it is Grigio Ferro paint according to the options plaque.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Texas2step

Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Thanks

of2worlds likes this.
  22. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    More I think about this car it’s a triumph. Regular production (screw this limited production bs), reasonably priced if it’s $500k, performance to beat the big three handily, beautiful interior, high end materials mixed beautiful with space age tech. If Ferrari has the LC dialed in this car should run 9.5’s at the strip and monster most circuits plus be civilized for the street. I love it. Best part of all is that if they sell 2000 a year you’ll be able to pick one up used in a couple years for 70% MSRP.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  23. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    #2948 Solid State, Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
    Depreciation needs to be watched here. Maybe they'll be a lot of flipping at 1-2yr mark depending on Aperta or Spider as always . Remember, a several year old car has several potential time bombs after 3 years. Two expensive turbos, lots and lots of batteries, three electric motors, many mew ECUs, all new high voltage electronics, and many tens or even hundreds of millions of lines of new code. All other new control systems and none of any of these changes in any other Ferrari. That said, I care less about depreciation but i don't buy cars with electric propulsion. After the initial sales, look for the depreciation monster to come calling I fear for those that are not loved as keepers.

24. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I am rather sceptical about that. Firstly, the front motors disengage above 220 kph (if I am not mistaken). Secondly the 0.7'' difference between this and the LaFerrari at Fiorano is easily accounted for by the latest generation semi-slick tyres, whereas the LF was on 2013 spec Corsas (not even a proper semi-slick). Thirdly, Ferrari avoided announcing a 0-300 kph time, which tells me that at higher speeds the LF will probably be faster (it has to do with those front motors on the SF90 disengaging). For sure though it will be fast with a capital F, even if it doesn't prove to be a LF beater.

tekaefixe likes this.
  25. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    I believe the front motors only go up to 135 Kph