Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 50 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gto85

gto85 Rookie

Mar 19, 2018
    Formigine, Modena
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    Mike there may be a surprise from Ferrari here, and SF90 Stradale is LaF beater until next LaF; 2000-3000 cars total production, Ferrari not likely to follow Lamborghini way.

2. George330

George330 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2009
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    George
    Looking at the market around the country I live in, I can buy a 918 for half the price of a LaF and there are many cars available. LaF is also softening, I have been offered 2 coupes 20% cheaper than they were 18 months ago.
    In my opinion there will be more impact on other hybrids like a 918 and P1, or a more expensive extreme car like a Senna and less impact on LaF. At the end of the day, the LaF is Ferrari’s flagship, it is a V12 and -to my eyes at least- much more desirable than the others. The impact on the LaF will be that of the broader market, all the other Ferrari legends are softening in the last couple of months

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. boogie

boogie Karting

Mar 4, 2016
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Keith
    #1228 boogie, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Great point. A great way to increase revenue is through raising the prices of regular production cars as they've done with the SF90. Fewer buyers but paying more. Fewer buyers is the definition of exclusivity.

As usual, the illusion of limited supply also helps with perceived exclusivity.

But I want to be clear--I think as new Ferrari buyers we should buy with eyes wide open. More than ever, we should buy to own and drive the cars, not for financial gain. The gains are going to the stockholders from here on out.

Monsieur Yoge, ajr550 and crinoid like this.
  4. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    My guess is that ‘sold out’ means for the first couple of years production, which is probably limited to what they expected to sell. A third year total could be flexible but might depend on what demand looks like then. The battery supply, which will be expensive and not necessarily totally flexible could stop them from over supplying early doors. There will undoubtedly be a spider and other versions though, which could mean they are technically ‘sold out’ because they know what else is coming and how that will affect demand.

5. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Oh man I’m thinking 100% giallo.

jm2 and of2worlds like this.
  6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Which is exactly what Luca Montezemolo told them to do many years ago.

Doug23 and TheMayor like this.
  7. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    As Lukeylikey has noted in the past Ferrari builds car with parts from many suppliers. Some of these parts come from single source suppliers. Ferrari may be locked into specific build numbers due to the limited number of parts they are willing to commit to. Also some suppliers don't have the resources to supply additional parts due to labour issues or a shortage of raw materials available in a timely fashion. The factory may have the capacity to build more cars but if critical parts are not available the production total will not exceed the original planned estimates.

Doug23, Caeruleus11 and gto85 like this.
  8. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
    "Electrification" of the automotive industry is coming. Even though I'm not a fan, I cannot bury my head in the sand and pretend its not going to happen. With the amount of R&D being put into electrification from ALL automotive manufacturers, technology will advance rapidly. This year alone, the e-Tron, Taycan, iPace, EQC, Polestar, Rivian will be lauched. Granted, none of these cars are supercars, its pretty safe to say competition is fierce and technology will improve. I do agree that legacy hybrid supercars such as the 918, P1, LaF etc will likely drop in the near future when the rest of the manufacturers launch higher performance Hybrids. Moreover these cars are just the first pioneers in a new generation of cars that will have performance that will rapidly eclipse the tech in those cars. Personally I just dont think the styling or performance figures of the SF90 is sufficient to hurt the legacy hybrid hypercars at this point. Its marginally faster (maybe), higher production numbers, and looks worse than all three cars. As for the Senna, if its values sink, it wont have to do with new Hybrids- it will have to do with its controversial styling. Personally I think many of the current generation of "pure ICE" supercars may see an increase in value- epspecially cars like the Pista and upcoming 7XX LT. Even though there will be plenty of "purists" who will clamor for the lighter weight supercars, Im not sure how the F8, 720S, EVO, and Aventador will do as the production numbers are so high.

9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Depends on how special the batteries are. It's likely that they are using pretty standard stuff since they'd otherwise have made note of the "special" chemistry or design. The fact that they didn't means it's probably nothing of note.

At 7.9 kwh, the amount of batteries they need is very, very small. 1000 cars per year would be the equivalent of less than 100 Teslas. I highly doubt they'd have any problems sourcing batteries regardless of how predictable the demand is.

Albert-LP and boogie like this.
  10. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't see this having much effect on the LF/P1/918. Rare car values are derived mainly by exclusivity. There are plenty of examples of rare cars being outclassed by newer stuff in every single way (exhaust sound included), yet they don't suffer. That's pretty much the whole idea behind collectibles/antiques.

It is expected that old halo models get passed up by lesser normal models. I don't think we expected it so soon with the 720S/Pista/GT2 RS, but it was going to happen at some point. Mind you that they were only passed up because of modern tires though. The P1/918/LF are still likely the best if you put them on the same one-and-done semi-slick Cup2 R that everyone tests with...

11. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Not with you on this statement. Lambo has the visceral experience. And the noise and drama. Oh and the rock solid chassis even in spyder form. And the cameras and stereo, nav, phone integration. I forgot the ring records.

Ferrari got the better seats by far though. And the badge and mystique. And steering feel.
    Somebody here has probably analyzed residuals but for me I’d rather drive without worry.

12. BarryK

BarryK Formula 3

Dec 17, 2016
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Barry K
    So Ferrari launches the SF90 marketing it as the LaFerrari-beater, and you are saying everything comparable except the LaFerrari will be softer as result. Not sure how that can be rationalised (real question)?

I can see the overlap with a 918 more than a Senna. 918 is also hybrid 4wd but at least non turbo and limited. I can't imagine anyone buying a Senna coming within a mile of the SF90 - this is a 2 tonne GT, not a track monster.

13. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The experience of a Ferrari V12 behind your head.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016
    Let's settle on personal preferences as I can't fit inside an Aventador but most Ferrari's fit me fine....

of2worlds likes this.
  15. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    This I agree. AV is just a drama queen anyway, not a great driver.

16. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    elmadi likes this.
  17. SmokinV10

SmokinV10 Karting

Oct 19, 2017
  18. F142George

F142George Karting

Jun 26, 2014
    UK
    Full Name:
    George
    2nd for sure, it looks like a cheap sim racing wheel sticker without the small silver details on the prancing horse. Hopefully the production steering wheels have the silver detailing.

19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    neither

dustman likes this.
  20. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
  21. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Again you are correct. Make more cars but limit the production of each to keep each to a certain level of exclusivity.

rumen1, Caeruleus11 and crinoid like this.
  22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Honestly, the extract opposite of McLaren and Lambo. And that's a good thing.

This car shouts "Ferrari"

bwshihtzu, F2003-GA, stavura and 4 others like this.
  23. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  24. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
    of2worlds and F2003-GA like this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    And nowhere does that apply more than with batteries, especially with worldwide demand massively increasing. In terms of manufacturer standing, although Ferrari is a wonderful brand it does not have the pull of the big boys with suppliers.

Caeruleus11 and of2worlds like this.