"Vettel Could Have Done Nothing Different" | Page 3 | FerrariChat

"Vettel Could Have Done Nothing Different"

Discussion in 'F1' started by aaronrgonz, Jun 11, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I really don't think you understand the sequence of events.
    You say : Vettel "caught oversteer"
    I say: Vettel made a mistake, and lost traction at the rear.

Afterwards, he ends up in the grass ... and loses all control. We ALL agree on that.

Vettel just didn't magically "appear" in the grass, through no fault of his own.

I have yet to see one professional driver state that it's not the driver's fault, if he loses traction at the rear ... and heads for the grass.

2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You have such an ax to grind. What happened did Vettel steal your girlfriend or something ?

kes7u, csmjr91090, fil and 1 other person like this.
  3. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    At the moment of this pic (post #45), did Vettel have control or not?

If "NO", then Vettel's re-join was still unsafe, as he bears down on Hamilton.
    If "YES", then Vettel failed to give an alongside car enough room on the track (aka, an illegal block).

I realize that the penalty was for the first option ... but in either scenario, Vettel still deserves a penalty.

4. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    nah, just having fun ;)

crinoid likes this.
  5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Other would call it trolling... but to each his own

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

kes7u, stavura, fil and 2 others like this.
  6. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Apologies, that post might have been in the other thread on the same subject.

7. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Let me just clarify a couple things ...

I do NOT like Hamilton. His skill is undeniable, but it's no match for his ego.
    I do NOT agree with the definition of "alongside" in the sporting regs. It's ridiculous that a car in front has to leave room (at an apex, for example), if the challenging car places just a front wing even with a rear tire. BUT, rules are rules ... i understand them, even if i may not agree with them.

8. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    You had to have known this would be discussed ad nauseam. Somebody has to take the role of the ridiculous. werewolf is doing a fine job in that capacity.

kes7u, stavura, crinoid and 1 other person like this.
  9. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    As he posts the same in virtually every thread on this forum you can be sure he read it... no need to apologize

kes7u and daytona355 like this.
  10. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    I present my case, clearly and logically. I present rules as evidence to support my case.

You call it "trolling" because you don't happen to agree, if the argument, rules and decisions are against your boy Vettel.

Who's the troll?

Surfah and william like this.
  11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You, because you made your "point" clear in 10000 similar posts. Now you only ride the dead horse to get reaction. Is there nobody at home who wants to play with you???

daytona355 likes this.
  12. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Show me a "ridiculous" post of mine, and tell us why it's ridiculous.

13. werewolf

werewolf F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 29, 2007
    Full Name:
    goodbye
    Fair enough.

But i'll bet that you continue to post your "points" in these very threads ;)

william likes this.
  14. absostone

absostone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 28, 2008
    Yes this! I was gonna start another thread. Hamilton knew damn well where vet was heading and didn’t back out at apex. He’s a total drama punk. Watch the vid. Watch the slow mo corrections of Vettels on board. All The ham boys can’t keep they’re hands off of themselves right now they are so excited. The c ship is over for Ferrari but the ham boys like to twist the knife

stavura, JLF, daytona355 and 2 others like this.
  15. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And the baiting goes on in the edit, just a proof of my point that this is trolling. I am out...

daytona355 and csmjr91090 like this.
  16. augusto salaris

Jun 5, 2019
    staten island new york
    Full Name:
    Augie
    Hamilton says he does not want to win this way...but he was the first one to tell his team on the radio to make a complaint to the stewards.

17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    And the way he jumped into the arms of his mechanics did not look different from any other victory. Just as he realized that the crowd (was it the best ever? ) booed he took Seb next to him playing the sportsman. Lewis is so fake that I wonder that border control did not crush him on his last arrival in the UK from China like one of these "genuine Rolex".
    Only his fanboys seem to still fall for it and believe him like he was the sportsman of the century....
    Vettel certainly has his flaws but at least he is genuine in his emotions and his mistakes...I would prefer him even if losing every single race in future over Lewis at his 25th Mercedes championship celebration. But I guess some always need to be on the winners side even if this means they have to blend out everything coming with it.

daytona355 and absostone like this.
  18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

You are dealing with the expert troll here, who always thinks his argument is Superior to yours.

thirteendog and Surfah like this.
  19. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Guys (I'm slipping on my moderator hat now) cool it with the trolling accusations, you are not the arbiters here, you are participants in the discussion. If you think someone is trolling, STOP RESPONDING, or if youo think the post warrants it, report it to the moderators.

There's a lot of bickering back and forth here, which is what it's about, but name calling, no.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  20. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    #70 Ferrari 308 GTB, Jun 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    The Stewards are saying that Vettel was at this point back in control of the car ..and should have not drifted out further causing Lewis to brake and go off track.They say they have the telemetry and video etc to back that up.At this stage it is still classed as rejoining the track.

Vettel is saying he is still out of control at this point and can't keep to the left to avoid Lewis also adding he didnt see him ..

So Ferrari 'just' have to provide evidence to back up Vettel.

21. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    What kind of telemetry would they have to make that assessment with any surety.

22. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/143996/vettel-steering-inputs-key-to-fia-penalty-decision

I guess you have already seen this?

Anyhow it seems they had telemetry from Mercedes that Lewis had to brake ,dunno if they have anything from Ferrari yet.

Plus of course the tv and on board footage from both cars etc, and something from a cctv not broadcast ..yet.

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Having to brake was pretty obvious, and something we knew from day one, but if any driver, following any other, had decided upon the move they were going to make to pass another, found himself suddenly unable to make that manouvre without hitting the other car or a wall, then in 100% of cases, to survive, they need to brake. The critical part is that he didn’t have to brake hard (evidenced that he did NOT lock his wheels) and so the braking was relatively gentle, and to take the edge out of a move he knew would not work. Had he been on the inside waiting for Seb to drift across the track which was the obvious momentum as soon as he went off, there would have been in almighty smash down on the loud pedal as Elton flew past Seb and into the lead. Sunday, Elton just picked the wrong side to launch an attack from, nothing else. The penalty was ill conceived, poorly executed, and completely outrageously wrong

stavura and furoni like this.
  24. Ferrari 308 GTB

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Vettel said on the radio Lewis was at fault because he went for the wrong side! Come on ..

If Lewis had headed for the left when Vettel hit the grass looks to me that Vettel would have t-boned him when he shot back onto the track.

25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Not if he had held back as he came through the apex, allowing Seb to squirm across, and as soon as he was, he had a clear line, and could get on the gas earlier and harder than Seb ever could. Seb said Elton was on the wrong line for this exact reason, he himself meant that for Elton to be holding out looking to the outside of turn four that was the reason he had to brake and give up on that passing attempt, whereby holding off earlier Elton would have avoided the ferrari which was only ever going to be moving right across the track given steering input had to be gentle and progressive coming off the grass, for Seb to hold the inside line was almost impossible, so it was the obvious best opportunity for a pass.