Ferrari 458/488 Paint to Sample Option & Custom Special Order Interiors | FerrariChat

Ferrari 458/488 Paint to Sample Option & Custom Special Order Interiors

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Z356, Jun 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    Ferrari 458/488 Paint to Sample Option & Custom Special Order Interiors

I am fairly new to FerrariChat & Ferraris. But not to the topic of Paint to Sample & custom ordered interiors in another European sport car - Porsche. I had been considering either ordering or buying a 458/488 for a while now. And this week I finally pulled the trigger on a Ferrari. I will talk about my car in a future post. But first I wanted to start this thread here at FerrariChat that I hope will bring additional information, and perhaps more interest, to the rare world of PTS & custom special order interiors at Ferrari. It would be my hope that we can keep the conversation going for a long while on this topic and bring it up to date when the new F8 Tributo starts arriving at dealers.
    I first delved a little into the topic of Ferrari Paint to Sample in a recent series of posts on this thread (post #17) here in FerrariChat:

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-in-green.598939/#post-146572675

And in a follow-up post (#24) I wrote:

"Perhaps I should start a thread with all I have learned from my research into the fascinating world of Ferrari paint-to-sample, historical vintage colors and 'Out of Production' paint colors at this FerrariChat forum. Then others could then add to their knowledge of the subject matter & we all could learn from it. We shall see."

Well...this is that thread!

Some of you that are Porsche enthusiasts might have seen my threads on the same topic in Rennlist. I first decided to start writing about the subject when I custom ordered a MY2012 987.2 Boxster Spyder in 2011:

https://rennlist.com/forums/987-981-forum/654447-my-aqua-blue-metallic-carrera-red-12-spyder-tale-of-a-custom-order.html

Then I started a thread on custom ordering the 991 in 2012:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/708507-custom-ordering-a-991-porsche-exclusive-and-you.html

And then it progress into one for the Porsche gt (gt3, gt3 RS, etc) cars in 2015:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/876206-reference-guide-to-pts.html

Altogether the Rennlist threads I have started about Paint to Sample & custom interiors have enjoyed vast readership (combined over 2 million+ views). More importantly it has generated new interest in the enthusiast community on the topic of PTS & unique custom interiors. In fact, it has been acknowledge at Porsche that these threads have had the effect of increasing demand for these formerly rare & seldom ordered options at Zuffenhausen.

These threads have reached this high level of views & popularity at Rennlist because of the important contribution from enthusiasts that have added their personal experiences & described their custom orders to it. I don't know FerrariChat very well...but my intentions here are the same as I had at Rennlist when I started writing there about these topics. That is to post accurate information about these rare options & encourage the participation of all members of the forum in building a body of knowledge on the topic that is informative and also interesting to read. Let's see if we can all make it so! Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale, Arizona

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I see you are in Scottsdale. Scottsdale Ferrari is one of the leading bespoke / custom Ferrari dealers in the world. In other words, the book more Atelier and Tailor Made appointments than virtually any other dealer in the world. They were in Maranello last week for two Atelier appointments for instance as well as accompanying me for my one Tailor Made car the three Atelier Ferraris. Go talk to them. They know their stuff.

3. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    Challenge: Maybe you didn't read in full my initial posting but I have already bought a Ferrari and I am not planning to order a new car from factory at this time. The purpose of this thread is to discuss & learn about the PTS & custom interior options from members like you & others that have ordered rare specs or folks like me that have investigated the topic because we were interesting in buying something 'unusual' in a Ferrari.

By the way not all unusual special orders come via Atelier in Maranello or Tailor Made in Ferrari New York. The idea here is to discuss these topics with the information that is available to Ferrari enthusiasts that are members of this forum. Indeed, to build my knowledge base, I had conversations David Simon of Ferrari of North Scottsdale, assorted sales staff at Ferrari of Newport Beach, Anna Lenzi formerly of Ferrari Atelier now with Risi Competizione in Houston and various staff of Tailor Made at Ferrari New York. Ultimately a knowledgeable dealer, or Tailor Made in New York or Atelier in Maranello, will have to be involved in a new custom order - that is for certain. But there is so much that we can discuss here at FerrariChat ahead of that day that will hopefully enlighten many on this topic without the necessity of visiting your local dealer, regardless how proficient he is in custom ordering. Capiche?

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

4. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    #4 Z356, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    I will summarize shortly what I think I know about the Ferrari Paint to Sample program. It is the information I gained during the period last year when I was considering ordering a PTS MY2019 from a US dealer in the West Coast. And I also need to discuss some of the PTS 488's and 458's that I tried to buy (unsuccessfully I might add) in the past 1 1/2 years. But first let me post here about a PTS 2017 488 Spider that has just been listed for sale by a Ferrari dealer in the Southeast of the US.

Just a few days ago Ferrari of Atlanta listed this MY2017 488 Spider (see below) for sale in their website and it was rapidly picked up by all the aggregators - Autotrader, Car.com & CarGurus - that I have been following for almost two years as I explored the possibility of acquiring a 458 Spider or a 488 Spider.

The color is 'Azzuro Dino'. And it's Paint to Sample.

[​IMG]

https://www.ferrariofatlanta.com/certified/Ferrari/2017-Ferrari-488+Spider-43e065590a0e0adf07cdfe616b664e89.htm

Initially the dealership misnamed the color as 'Blu Mirabeau Metallic'. Here is a screenshot that I captured a few days ago that I used in my correspondence with Ferrari of Atlanta to try to get 'correct' or 'true' information on this car.

[​IMG]
    That is not the only error in their initial listing. The interior is not 'Charcoal' but 'Nero'. And it certainly doesn't have 251 miles on the odometer. After some back & forth with one of their salesman, Ferrari of Atlanta admitted to me that the odometer reads 3,210. They expect to update that information to their ad shortly. But as of this hour, it still reads 251. It also took them over 48 hours to locate the window sticker so that they could give me information on the original MSRP of the car ($370,191) & the cost of some of the options (like PTS at $26,245).

To save any of you time & trouble in case you are interested in acquiring this PTS 488 Spider, let me share with you all the Monroney Sticker and other information I have on the car.

[​IMG]

The car is Certified Pre-Owned 'eligible'. Meaning they will do a CPO inspection & allow you to add a TWO year Ferrari Extended Warranty for a new low price of $4950. Ferrari started a new program several months ago that allows the dealer to buy the Extended Warranty on a CPO eligible used car for $4950 for the first year and Ferrari includes a second year at no extra cost. According to the CarFax they sent me, the in-service date for the start of the original factory warranty is 5/26/2017. So the original factory warranty expires on 5/26/2020. And if the selling dealer is able to CPO this car and add the extended warranty of 2 years, the extension would go from 5/26/2020 to 5/26/2022, per what they have told me via email.

Here is the CarFax that Ferrari of Atlanta is providing:

https://www.ipacket.info/ZFF80AMA0H0226466#Carfax

Personalization Specifications as sent to me:

[​IMG]

The car also has unusual Goldrake racing seats in what looks like a different pattern inlays rather than 'standard' or 'Daytona' examples...which I think are quite attractive.

[​IMG]

The only non-factory original detail that I can see from a casual observation of the photos & cross-checking the options ordered are the 'painted' wheels. I think these were painted after delivery.

[​IMG]
    If I had not already finalized a deal on the Ferrari I bought the week, this vehicle would have certainly been a 'contender'. I hope it finds a home here with a FerrariChat member. I have no affiliation with the selling Ferrari dealer or any other connection or incentive to post this. This is just for information of this unusual MY2017 PTS 488 Spider in the market at this time.

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Looks like an add to me.

6. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    Ferrari Paint to Sample (Extra Campionario) Option on the Ferrari 488 Model

For the MY2019 488 model I was told by a reputable Ferrari dealer (that checked with Ferrari USA) that the Paint-to-Sample option (e.g. 'Azzuro Dino', 'Mexico Blue', 'Signal Green Verde') would cost $26,998. There has been a slight increase in price over the years. For MY2017, it appears that the cost of 'Extra Campionario' was only $26,245. And it appears to have been much less in the 458 years.

My understanding is that if a car is built as PTS (Extra Campionario), the 'personalization specifications' plate on the 488 trunk will say 'Extra-Range' or 'ExtraCampiona' as the 'exterior' hue. But the actual color name (e.g. 'Azzure Dino') will not be identified on neither that front trunk plate nor the Monroney Sticker. See the the specifications plate and Monroney on the 'Azzure Dino' 2017 488 Spider that I previously posted earlier today.

For the same model, there is a category called 'Ferrari Historical Colours' option (e.g. 'Dino Rosso', 'Canna di Fucile', 'Verde Racing Green') that cost only $12,486. Although for '19 it might have been raised to $13,500. But I need verification on that increase. This option is also known as 'Out of Production Paint Colors' and code PNTH.

As far as I could tell the list of 'Historical' colors for MY2019 (and perhaps for all 488 model years) included the following:

Avorio
    Rosso Fiorano
    Rosso Dino
    Grigio Ferro
    Grigio Scurro
    Rosso Mugello
    Azzuro California
    Canna Di Fucile
    Blu Scozia
    Verde British Racing
    Rosso Barchetta
    Rubino Micalizzato
    Celeste Metallic
    Azzuro Metallic
    Avio Metallic
    Azzuro Monaco
    Blu Nart8
    Blu Le Mans
    Verde Abetone
    Verde Zeltweg
    Vinaccia
    Grigio Medio

This list is considerable more extensive than what was listed by Ferrari in the 'configurator' at their official website. My dealer did NOT have the complete list. After various inquiries, I was able to get the list above from the 'Tailor Made' office at Ferrari New York.

For the 'Ferrari Historical Colours' the Personalization Specification will also say 'Extra-Range' as the 'Exterior' hue. But listed under options underneath will be 'PNTH' as the code and 'Ferrari Historical Colours' as the option's name. And the vintage color is listed (e.g. 'Rosso Dino') to its right.

The Monroney Window Sticker will identify the PNTH historical color as 'Special', 'Extra-Range' or 'ExtraCampiona'. But normally it will NOT list the actual 'Ferrari Historical Colours' by name on the
    window sticker.

To see a sample of a 'Ferrari Historical Colours', check out the 'Personalization specifications' plate and the Monroney window sticker on the MY2017 'Dino Rosso' 488 Spider at this link:

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=498430513&zip=85262&referrer=%2Fcars-for-sale%2Fsearchresults.xhtml%3Fzip%3D85262%26listingTypes%3DUSED%26startYear%3D2007%26sortBy%3DderivedpriceDESC%26incremental%3Dall%26firstRecord%3D50%26marketExtension%3Don%26endYear%3D2017%26modelCodeList%3DFER488SPI%26makeCodeList%3DFER%26searchRadius%3D0&listingTypes=USED&startYear=2007&numRecords=25&firstRecord=50&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=FER488SPI&makeCodeList=FER&searchRadius=0&clickType=listing

Google translates the Italian 'Extra Campionario' to the English 'Extra Sample Book'.

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale, Arizona

johnr265 likes this.
  7. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    Did you meant to say 'looks like an ad'? If so you would be dead wrong. The purpose of that post was to inform the forum about a particular PTS 488 that is for sale. They don't come up that often...so it's a rather rare event. I will also be discussing other PTS cars that have been for sale in the past and that I have tried to buy. It will say where (dealers) they were listed at and what was being asked for them. Those have already been sold so it's a historical account. Just as this 'Azzure Dino' 488 Spider will shortly sell (I am sure) and this post will provide historical evidence of its spec/pricing for the purposes of building a data base of PTS Ferrari 458 & 488 here in FerrariChat. And I hope others post about their experiences in either considering buying, or actual purchasing, a PTS Ferrari. And to do this intelligently, we need to provide basic data on the cars when they appear on the market.

Again, the purpose of this thread is to investigate the opaque world of PTS at Ferrari, just as we have been discussing the same topic at Porsche for years. I have no affiliation with Ferrari of Atlanta or any other dealer. Finally, I suggest you read what one member of this forum already wrote about me in a previous thread:

"Welcome to Fchat. For those who don’t know, he is a true guru in all things custom in the Porsche/Rennlist world! We welcome your expertise here as well and hope you find that special car."

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/458-in-green.598939/#post-146572675

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Might be an ad. All I see is -

"Challenge: Maybe you didn't read .....blah blah blah....name drop....incorrect name drop....blah blah....Capiche?"

Sorry but I have no idea what you want to talk about Eduardo. I tried to help and get back a condescending reply.

Bundy, MANDALAY and sampelligrino like this.
  9. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Paint to sample with Porsche is completely different than custom colors and Ferrari.

Porsche plays these stupid games and makes you beg if you want a custom color.

With Ferrari, if you want a special color, the prices are laid out in advance and anyone can order at anytime. There is no window.

If you spec your Ferrari, you can get any color you want even a custom color. Prices vary depending on the color but it’s all transparent.

Porsche- lame in the games they play to allow you to get a custom color.

SAFE4NOW and Bundy like this.
  10. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    Maybe this thread isn't your cup of tea, Challenge. But I hope
    that others will read what I am posting & perhaps understand
    what I want to 'talk' about. It is pretty clear & well articulated.
    That reader is probably not you. And I was not trying to be
    condescending....but factual. I am not ordering a car so I
    didn't need for you to direct me to your 'experienced dealer'
    at Penske that helped you with your Tailor Made custom order.
    I think you misunderstood my original post and I think you
    misunderstand my intentions for writing this thread. I will
    continue to be as straight forward as I can to make sure there
    is (hopefully) less misunderstanding of what I write among
    the readers here at FerrariChat. But it all starts with a willingness
    to read fully what it's posted before responding to it and also to
    give someone the benefit of the doubt...specially if one is new
    to this forum & has a new topic to discuss. What you & Mandalay
    are insinuating by saying that what I wrote re: the 'Azzure Dino'
    looks like an 'ad' is offensive...and meant to throw aspersions on
    me and my motives for starting this thread. And I hope this unfair
    treatment stops.

All true. But I still think there is a lot to discuss about the PTS
    process at Ferrari, the costs, the options, etc. Hope you will
    agree to continue to participate in the discussion.

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

11. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I’m not opposed to discussing colors. The Azurro Dino you posted is Gorgeous. I saw a Pista that color and it looked great.

But there is no secret like Porsche to custom colors. You like a color you pay for it. End of story.

It’s not on their color list? Custom make it and you pay a little more.

Porsche is just stupid with their pts. A color is standard on a macan but it’s 11 grand pts for a GT car.

Porsche is a mass producer of cars. Ferrari is still somewhat bespoke. That’s changing with them adding production but still- they are bespoke where as Porsche is just on a different level.

ScottS likes this.
  12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #12 MANDALAY, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    Im sorry if you are offended but frankly im allowed my own opinion. I have been here many years. But I will tell you as soon as I speced my car I was asking questions and posted what I bought.

However in your opening paragraph you state you purchased a car " And this week I finally pulled the trigger on a Ferrari" quote.

Don't know about you but I can assure you that many would have posted that FIRST rather than

" But first I wanted to start this thread here at FerrariChat that I hope will bring additional information, and perhaps more interest, to the rare world of PTS & custom special order interiors at Ferrari"

Is this an interesting topic , maybe.

Who the hell links comments from other threads " hey man you should start a thread " and uses that by telling us so as to justify the thread ?

More to this IMO.

Edit , Not advertising ??? seriously. You quote car fax , insurance , pictures been removed etc etc.

If PTS colours is what you want to discuss all there would be is a picture of the car in that colour, not all the items you have included to say hey look at me buy me.

Here is another thought left field, being new , may I suggest maybe state where your from and name. Were all friends here don't you know , nothing to hide

13. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    As I already said. Condescending. Btw his name isn't David Simon. If you're going to name drop, get YOUR facts straight. Oh and the dealership is not called Ferrari of North Scottsdale.

14. RoyalPink

RoyalPink Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2019
    Southern Utah
    Full Name:
    John D.
    Being new to this forum. I find it as Mr. Spock would say: "Fascinating."

15. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    One request- please don’t call Ferrari custom colors PTS. This brings to the point where I want to vomit where I have to relive with the incompetence of dealing with the Porsche sales person trying to spec a custom color on my Porsche touring.

Clueless, arrogant, and unhelpful. Suffice it to say I was not able to put a custom color on my car due to their ineptitude.

technom3 and ScottS like this.
  16. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Does anyone know if the up-charge on all the historical colors (post # 6) is the same?
    For example, I see Avorio & Blue Swaters on the latest Portofino Configurator, but neither Vinnacia nor Azzurro Monaco.
    Thanks, in advance, for any advice...T

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    There are historical colors - around 13k and custom colors- about 30k. Ferrari will custom make any color for you for 30k. The historical colors they have in place are predetermined and in the configuratior. But you can make any color you want.

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Aha. I never noticed the historical color palette was slightly different in the configurator for the different models.
    Thank you!
    T

SoCal to az likes this.
  19. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Yeah- it’s dumb. A color is standard on one model and upchagre on another.

20. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    #20 Z356, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    You are so right...his name is Gary Simon. And It's just 'Scottsdale
    Ferrari'. I stand corrected.

And if we are going to talk about 'name dropping' & 'condescending'
    in the same sentence, let's see again you original post to judge you
    by those same standards:

We may have here a case of a 'pot calling the kettle black'.

I have my own opinion too. And I will decide what to post & when.

Maybe not you. But does that mean it's not allowed? The purpose
    of listing my threads at Rennlist is simply to let the readers know
    that I have some experience writing about the subject matter, that
    is all.

Maybe you are unaware but one of the most successful threads in
    Rennlist is one dedicated to telling forum members what interesting
    cars are presently on the market. The thread is called 'Hot For Sale'
    and has over 2,393,515 views. And not a week goes by where a
    member thanks the forum for giving them a heads up on a car they
    went on to purchase as a result of that 'alert'.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/

The original ad by Ferrari of Atlanta sucked. It was wrong on the
    colors and it was wrong on the miles. In their description it didn't
    list the original MSRP, a list of the options or a photo of the important
    'Personalization Specifications' plate in the front trunk. Even today,
    several days after I made them aware of the wrong mileage on their
    ad, they still haven't corrected it. Nor are there any photos of the
    'Personalization Specs' or Window Sticker on any of their ads. Since
    I had been sent that already by countless emails back & forth with one
    of their salesmen, I decided to post this valuable information at this
    forum to give a leg-up to a potential buyer from FerrariChat. These
    might help them make a quick decision on whether or not to pursue
    this purchase. That is the helpful kind of 'stuff' people in Rennlist do
    for their fellow forum members. And that is the helpful kind of 'stuff'
    that I intend to do here at FerrariChat when I see an interesting 'Extra
    Campionario' 458 or 488 for sale that I want to bring to the attention
    of my fellow Ferrari forum members.

And whether you like it or not Mandalay, I will continue to do so unless
    it's a violation of rules at FerrariChat. We have moderators for that job.
    If they think it's a violation, then they will ask me to remove the post or
    they will do it themselves. But it's not up to you to decide that for me or
    for anyone else in the forum.

My name is Eduardo Venegas and I live in Scottsdale. I sign
    all of my post with my given name and location. Always..and
    I have been doing so at both FerrariChat and Rennlist since
    I joined both forums.

Sameer knows who I am and have met me at Southwest
    Scuderia events in North Scottsdale and at the McLaren
    720S Spider intro at OTTO near Scottsdale Airpark.
    My email is <[email protected]> and anyone is
    able to contact me if they have any questions or issues.

End of story? Not really. As you will see from other posts above
    by folks that are posting on this thread, I don't believe many here
    know the extend of all the 'Ferrari Historical Colours' that are
    available from Ferrari and yet are NOT listed in the official Ferrari
    'configurator'. So I don't see the problem with discussing these
    matters here in the forum. You might know all about 'Extra
    Campionario' Sam, but some are not fully informed on the
    subject and might find this thread of some value!

Tell me what you believe is the official term of it by Ferrari and
    I will use it. How about 'Extra Campionario'?

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

21. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I think Ferrari just calls them custom colors. Extra Campionario can be applied to any of the extra special orders. My yellow buttons on my Pista are Extra Campaninario- as are the stripes.

22. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well Eduardo, I see you are off and running here on FerrariChat making friends here as you go! Keep up the good work! Capiche?

Cigarzman and MANDALAY like this.
  23. jamie140

jamie140 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 17, 2004
    GTA/Marco Island, fl
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Guys, Eduardo is a friend who is also a wealth of information on subjects he digs into. He's helped me order a bunch of PTS P cars.

Sometimes, we interpret an edge in internet comments that might not be intended. Maybe a tiny reset is in order.

This thread could be quite interesting to discuss not only exterior colours (which are pretty straightforward - you want it , you pay for it), but also the infinite choices available to custom spec interiors.

24. Z356

Z356 Rookie

Mar 8, 2017
    #24 Z356, Jun 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Tom:

As of last summer 2018 (for MY2019 models) I was told that all of the 'Ferrari Historical Colours'
    that I posted on post #6 were the same price - $12,486. The only confusion is that one Ferrari
    official my dealer contacted responded that he thought the prices now were $13,500. Since I
    finally gave up on the allocation, I never verified if the price for MY2019 was $13,500 or $12,486.

Avorio
    Rosso Fiorano
    Rosso Dino
    Grigio Ferro
    Grigio Scurro
    Rosso Mugello
    Azzuro California
    Canna Di Fucile
    Blu Scozia
    Verde British Racing
    Rosso Barchetta
    Rubino Micalizzato
    Celeste Metallic
    Azzuro Metallic
    Avio Metallic
    Azzuro Monaco
    Blu Nart8
    Blu Le Mans
    Verde Abetone
    Verde Zeltweg
    Vinaccia
    Grigio Medio

I don't know anything about 'Vinaccia'. But I did get some additional information on 'Azzuro Monaco'
    as that was one of two colors on the list (the other being 'Blue Nart') that I asked my various sources
    to provide me with more information. Here is what a person that previously worked at Atelier in Maranello
    and now was in Houston explained to me about that color in her own words. My questions are in blue and
    her response in yellow highlight.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Here is the sample that she sent me that I believe represents 'Azzuro Monaco'.

As an aside, I don't believe my dealer at the time had a copy of those 'Ferrari Historical Colours' samples, which are known in the Ferrari world apparently as the PNTO catalogue. That would have saved me a lot of time & effort in trying to find out about what these colors actually looked like.

I hope this is of some help, Tom!

Capisco all too well, Challenge. Thank you for your warm welcome here at FerrariChat. See you
    around the hood...I hope.

Saludos,
    Eduardo
    Scottsdale

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^Thanks, Eduardo. Very helpful!

That Azzurro Monaco "swatch" looks so different from ones I have seen online and one I've seen in person. I guess it's critical to lay eyes on these in flesh. My wife and I took a leap of faith that avorio would look as great in person as it does in person. Happily, that worked out!
    T