Found a new place for diff parts/replacement | FerrariChat

Found a new place for diff parts/replacement

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Zeff, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  2. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Cool to see some more entrepreneurs trying to make a dent in the market. Looking forward to others weighing in on these parts

3. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes I agree. They are also located in Austin Texas. I have requested prices for a Kevlar clutch, spline shaft and some misc other parts I would want to replace when doing the diff carrier. Unfortunetly the diff carrier is not the only concern. A friend of mine broke the spline shaft a few years ago on his 90 tr. I would want to replace that.

4. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I tried to by parts (shims)from them for my 512tr. Not much luck! What good is a new carrier if you can’t buy shims to install it????

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Makes sense. That said shims shouldnt be hard to make. Just need the pattern, water jet or plasma, and surface grinder.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  6. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
  7. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    And that’s a good place to find one!

8. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    You won’t want this one though ... has a hair line crack ... makes for a nice paper weight though

Zeff likes this.
  9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
  10. DonB

DonB Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 11, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Don Bartz

I've talked to these guys. Very nice and very informative..but not inexpensive. When talking to them, I was amazed to find out how many degrees of rotation/flex the input shaft is capable of before breaking. Apparently, they went back to an older design input shaft with more flex to lessen the stress on the rest of the gear box components vs a newer more rigid design.

Zeff likes this.
  11. EZORED

EZORED Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 24, 2007
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I agree, Shouldn't, but it is time consuming. PIA !!!! First, you have to take yours tranny apart, diagnosis it, get replacement parts, reassemble, take measurement, grind blank shims, disassemble, install new shim, opp's, not quite right, repeat.!!!! I would think that anyone who sells a diff upgrade would also stock a big selection of shims, or at least blanks.

vincenzo likes this.
  12. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Here’s there reply to some of their prices
    Hi Ryan,

Apologies for the delay - traveling the last several days.
    We are located in Austin, TX.

We sell the Kevlar clutch and balanced OEM flywheel for $2000 (includes a core exchange). The propeller shafts are $1500 and we sell the 512TR LSDs complete for $4500.

It sounds like you’re not opening up the gearbox - but if you do, we also offer replacement main shafts and have a standing inventory of the synchros for this gearbox.
    Best,
    John

Name:

Email:

--

HCF Autosport
    www.hcfautosport.com

13. HCF-John

HCF-John Rookie

Jan 30, 2018
    Full Name:
    John B
    Apologies we couldn’t help here. We sell the LSD’s complete - selling just the shims and internals to put into another company’s housing just doesn’t make any sense.

We recently made an agreement with ZF to produce a run of the revised 512TR LSDs. It will carry the original part number, be made on ZF machines and be recognized by ZF as an OE part.
    Best,
    John

14. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Good deal I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    Just saw this. I dont know why anyone would worry so much about this unless you just have a bottomless checking account. I have owned 4 TR cars with one being a 750hp TT and never had one single problem. Dont abuse the driveline and you will be fine. Besides, the 512 had the best shafts and trans compared to the TR. Waste of money and talk. Relax

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

peteficarra likes this.