Anyone ever use one of these jacks? | FerrariChat

Anyone ever use one of these jacks?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by staatsof, Jun 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
  2. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    One would work but is it low profile enough for exotics?
    They sure have a lot of products.

3. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't know. I guess a call would be necessary. I'm not thinking of it for exotics though. Just a newer car where lifting and getting a jack stand installed is a royal PITA.

4. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    Half that price at your nearest Harbor Freight - and quite possibly made by the same Chinese manufacturer.

5. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Look more closely at THIS jack.

Jaguar36 likes this.
  6. malex

malex Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2007
    FL
    Harbor Freight doesn't sell anything like that link by the OP, though they do sell decent floor jacks (I have one of them in my garage). The floor jack the OP shows in the link allows the jack and a jack stand to be positioned in exactly the same spot, i.e. there's no need to look for 2 lift points in roughly the same area of a vehicle. Play the vid in the link. It's pretty self explanatory, and a bit clever.

7. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I don't think it would work with my tubular pressed steel jacks ... :(
    I have some of the other style at my remote garage but I'm not sure those would fit either. I think you have to count on buying some of their matching jacks?

This is for my newish Jag which has the body seam lift points for tire changes but another set of support points which are unfortunately too far inboard in the front for this.
    I lift on the body seam points with two layer hockey pucks with one having a cut groove in it. It's an asinine design but that's what they did. One of the factory approved inboard support points in the rear has a wiring harness in that spot with a plastic cover over it! :eek: Worst car to lift I've ever had.

8. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I bought a low profile jack for my F355, but once I've added a hockey puck cut to fit the shape of the standard jacking point, the jack is too high. Some parts of my car are only around 4 inches off the ground. That jack is 4.5 inches. I still have to drive my car onto some shallow ramps made by nailing two planks together to get that low profile jack under it.

9. Dan Harris

Dan Harris Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2019
    Full Name:
    Daniel Harris
  10. staatsof

Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    That doesn't work out to be very safe with the car I need this for. It's why I bought a Quick Jack lift but it's busy under another vehicle at the moment.

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Wow, that definitely sounds like a much easier scenario for placing jack stands..I’m intrigued if it’s low profile enough to fit under my 360 or z06

Edit, it says minimum lift 4.5 in so probably not