FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS *** | Page 3 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2019: QUALIFYING *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Do we have story behind Seb’s time today? How did he fall out of top 4, and end up 7th?

ATBNM3 likes this.
  2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nice job by Mclaren today = Team of the day
    Predictable event but I watched and will watch the race tomorrow and all other races. The next team to get it right will make us forget Mercedes. They have done a superb development job and deserve credit for this.
    Red Bull have issues.Its not only aero. Is the motor weak now? How long will they keep the peaceful atmosphere with Honda.

Not sure what to think with Vettel. He is over-taken by emotions at the wrong time.

cairns, william, ATBNM3 and 1 other person like this.
  3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Vettel: "Not really. I don't know what happened but I lost so much momentum that there was no point to finish that lap. Not great. Some laps I felt very good and other I felt it didn't. So, in the end I did not get the best out of the car."

Vettel: "Its not satisfying because I did not get the best out of the car. It was difficult for me because some laps it was really good and it was just coming and other laps, I don't know why I didn't have the grip that I seemed to have the runs before."

Vettel: "Its a shame that it happened in Q3, it would have been better to be slower in the other segments, but that's what it is today."

Vettel: We reverted on most of them. Obviously not the step that we have expected - but yeah tomorrow, I think we have good pace to have a good race. Mercedes are far away, but we should be in the race with Red Bull.

ATBNM3, DF1 and daytona355 like this.
  4. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    I didn’t watch quali , no surprises here , will not watch the race either , total snooze fest . On the positive , anyone notice Mclaren is creeping their way back to the top , I wish them the best , we need fresh blood

daytona355 and Robb like this.
  5. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    DF1 likes this.
  6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    He is going through a difficult time??? After his story about the kid "inspiring" him that is dead now at young age it his him going through difficult times???
    He certainly leaves no opportunity to get compassion for all the tough things he has to deal with all the time: the bad car, the evil strategists setting him on wrong tires and all the haters... I almost feel bad for him, maybe it is time to move to a sanctuary to focus on himself

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

7. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144308/leclerc-explains-vettel-hurryup-messages

Charles Leclerc says his hurry-up messages to Sebastian Vettel over Ferrari's Formula 1 team radio during French Grand Prix qualifying were prompted by concerns he would not start flying laps.

Leclerc, who qualified third, asked Ferrari twice to encourage Vettel - in the car immediately ahead of him - to speed up and open a bigger gap.

While he explained that Vettel had not compromised any of his laps, Leclerc said he was worried on two occasions that he would not start flying laps before the chequered flag was shown.

"No, not at all," he said, when asked if he had been put off by Vettel.

"The only thing is that I think twice, I can't remember when exactly, we were very tight on time to go through the finish line.

"So that's why I asked the team to say to Seb to just push, because I would be very tight on time, so that was the only reason.

"But no, he of course didn't compromise my qualifying."

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Leclerc's fastest time in Q3 was 0.646 seconds slower than polesitter Lewis Hamilton's, and he said he felt least comfortable with the Ferrari in the more technical final sector.

His best time in sector three was around two tenths of a second slower than Hamilton's.

"I think it is general grip around the corners, to be honest," added Leclerc.

"We're quite quick in the straights, but in the corners, struggling a bit more. This weekend there is something interesting that we didn't understand completely yet.

"In sector one or two we don't seem to be too far off, or at least during the weekend in FP1, FP2 and FP3, but in sector 3 we are losing quite a lot actually, most of the time.

"We need to work on that, and try to understand where is the issue."

However, Leclerc insisted he was pleased with his qualifying performance, particularly compared to recent raced.

"I was completely aware that my weak point in the last few grands prix was putting the car in right window for Q3, so I worked on that and happy to see improvement," he said.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  8. DF1

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/144306/bottas-new-wind-direction-cost-me-advantage

Valtteri Bottas says changing wind conditions in Formula 1 qualifying derailed a potential advantage he had found around Paul Ricard, as he lost out to Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton.

The Finn had looked to hold the edge over Hamilton heading in to the Q3 shootout session, but says his hopes were dashed when a change of wind direction meant gains through the chicane on the back straight were wiped away on his first run.

"From my side, Q3, the first lap felt OK but the wind direction changed throughout qualifying and in Turns 8 and 9 [the chicane], I think I was kind of struggling all weekend a little bit but at some point I found some good lines there," explained Bottas, who ended up qualifying second.

"But they didn't work with that wind direction, so it was small details here and there, not massive things."

Bottas said that his hopes of improving on his second run were then wiped away by the lack of a tow.

"On the second run I was a bit unlucky with no cars ahead," he said.

"I got no tow at all and was losing out on all the straights.

"I tried to make most out of the losses in the last few corners and lost it, so it is unfortunate.

"I was hoping to be on pole but second is a good place here as it is a long run into Turn 1."

ATBNM3 likes this.
  9. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Max is gonna fight Leclerc for 3rd place podium finish.

DF1 likes this.
  10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    And needing time off so he could mourn his favorite fashion designer and, why not, rub elbows with celebrities in Paris. Poor guy.

Remember his meltdown at Silverstone last year when expected to be gifted the win so he coyld bath in his fans' adulation.

Poor guy is delusional.

stavura and daytona355 like this.
  11. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Spot on analysis from Peter Windsor

Robb likes this.
  12. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    AMuS

Andreas Seidl: "We still have shortcomings in the slow and medium-fast corners." He attributes it to a lack of downforce. "If you still lose 1.5 seconds to the top teams, then you're mainly talking about aerodynamics. It has nothing to do with mechanical grip."

DF1 likes this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  14. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

He blamed the Wind !!

ATBNM3 likes this.
  15. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Stroll really is utterly useless. That is all.

jgonzalesm6 and Bas like this.
  16. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    He has 3x the points of Romain.

When you are getting your ass kicked by Stroll, it's time to find another hobby.

subirg, Thecadster, cmos and 5 others like this.
  17. DF1

Haas the enigma....strange. Funded well, and Ferrari tech and little to show for it.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  18. jcurry

jcurry Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 16, 2012
    In the past
    Full Name:
    Jim
    no

Hoping for 'team of the race' as well. Maybe we'll see a different team on the podium for the first time in a couple yrs.

Ham
    Leclerc
    Norris or Saintz

DF1 likes this.
  19. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    WTH? Louise is quite the social media diva, laying his emotions bare and all.:rolleyes:

stavura, ingegnere and daytona355 like this.
  20. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Nothing enigmatic about them. They are a joke of a team. They make nothing on the car. They are a bunch of Airfix hobbyists pretending to play in Formula 1.

daytona355 likes this.
  21. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    That guy is always pointing fingers and never accepts responsibility for his poor racecraft and ability to drive the car.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  22. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I wish he would just **** off and sing his songs, make dresses or whatever the **** it is is thinks he’s good at this week.... what a **** he really is. Hahahahahahahaha

stavura and ingegnere like this.
  24. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    With all the Hamilton butt hurt on here today tomorrow should be spectacular. At any rate I'd like to see McLaren do well.

ATBNM3 likes this.