Should Ferrari withdraw from F1, has the bias gone too far? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Should Ferrari withdraw from F1, has the bias gone too far?

Discussion in 'F1' started by daytona355, Jun 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Ferrari shouldn’t quit F1 but it should scale back its commitment and get into formula e, Indy car, lemans etc. it would send quite the message

daytona355 likes this.
  2. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Formula E? ...A message of suicide.

ATBNM3 and chrixxx like this.
  3. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Ferrari will never quit F1, the hybrid revolution suits its road car development / training the next generation. The SF90 Stradale is a perfect example of how engineering advancement is achieved, directly or indirectly as a result of F1.

All the big manufactuers want (ed) it and so its here to stay, imo only the small teams would go back to NA engines in a heartbeat as they are fundamentally in it for the racing [and money]

ATBNM3 and fer312t like this.
  4. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    You must be kidding....If Ferrari were to leave, the series is finished. Its very easy to see that almost half the fans at every race are out to see Ferrari. F1 racing is too controlled now and has been for a while. Each car can easily be turned up or down from the pits. This is "controlled" racing at its worst to say the least. It is all about sponsors and money.

daytona355 likes this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I seem to remember from the FIA rule book that the rules apply from the minute the pit lane opens on first practice (in actual fact, when the teams arrive at the track), and end when they have left. Practice session or not, dangerous driving is dangerous driving, and should be penalised.

Of course, today we have seen some things that, assuming sebs penalty were supposedly correct, then drivers should have been penalised, but were not. I won’t discuss them in a thread not marked with a spoilers warning

6. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    No way..... formula (bor)E

crinoid likes this.
  7. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Ferrari could easily set up a Maserati squad, leasing their entry licence, and provide engines and gearboxes, but not have a marquee team. Let them languish around alongside Alfa and Renault etc, and as the best joke on Mercedes, do a deal that for the years they don’t run a Ferrari works squad, supply engines and mechanicals to Red Bull. Imagine the smile on lil Maxine’s face as he sideswipes Elton into a wall on his way to his trio of championships, with Neweys brains and ferrari power, I have a suspicion red bull would trounce the bottled ballerinas

classic308 likes this.
  8. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Hell most have frozen, I actually (at least partly) agree with you, apart from the fact that Mercedes in Brackley is not really the same as Mercedes in Sindelfingen in the 1930s and 1950s...it is more a bought team renamed, just like Mercedes being a sponsor (like RB).
    But be carefull: I was called a Nazi for having any admiration for the Mercedes team of the 1930s....

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

daytona355 likes this.
  9. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I really would like that theory to be put to the test.
    I know plenty of people who follow F1 and attend GPs and are not tifosi at all !!!

10. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Errr, Indycar is a specs series with Dallara chassis, Honda or Chevy engines.

I can't see how Ferrari could fit there.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  11. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Engine supplier-could finally win the Indy 500 at least as an engine maker...that said it would generate much more interest in Indy car.

Isobel and daytona355 like this.
  12. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If SF did quit we would all be bleep bleep and nothing to moan about :)

Is there a MercChat forum!!!!!!!

ATBNM3 and daytona355 like this.
  13. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

As one who has clearly stated the rules are unevenly applied, would you really like to have Vettel lost starting spots on the grid for something he does in practice while Hamilton skates? Short of the antic that Schumacher pulled when he blocked the track during qualifying, I don't really think the rules are enforced with as much enthusiasm during practice/qualifying as they are during the race. Of course the spacing in qualifying would generally reduce any unsafe re-entry issues, would it not?

D

william and ATBNM3 like this.
  14. lagunacc

lagunacc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 24, 2013
    The competition is still there, but the on track competition, the racing part, is taking second place to R&D, tire strategy, team orders, and other snooze fest stuff.
    Mind you, F1's not the only sport heading that way.

william and crinoid like this.
  15. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t think you can pick and chose how and when to penalise drivers. There are many occasions where grid penalties are applied for incidents in practice. I don’t like any penalties, especially when they destroy the outcome of a race, but regardless, I expect them to be fair in application, and to apply to ALL drivers. Seb's was particularly harsh as it was not warranted, as acknowledged by almost every single person involved both present and past f1, and destroyed the race and disappointed the fans who had paid to watch a race and saw a manipulated result instead.

16. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    It's history. Long past time to get over it.

Surfah, thirteendog, william and 2 others like this.