Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019 | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Vettel plans to retire at the end of 2019

Discussion in 'F1' started by 444sp, May 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    #201 ATBNM3, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
    Done thing your tits out of the pram? Hamilton is the fastest smartest and best F1 driver who's ever graced the sport and he had the records to prove it and bts done it as a gentleman rather than ruthless and dangerous racing. He's done it with class and style that maybe you don't understand. After he's finished taking every record in the books in 2020 we'r CSN only hope that Ferrari can woo him over for a 2 year contract to do what had never been done before, the WDC with 3 different teams. Hamilton is the only driver that can do it Even the Great (and ruthless) MS could not do it when he joined Mercedes. We're watching history being made. Take a chill pill and enjoy.

he's well on his way to number 6 and I'm betting he'll get good 7th in 2019. I hope that he comes to Ferrari and gets number 8 possibly 9 before he retires. But anyway you look at it he'll go down as the GOAT after 2019 destroying all of Schumi's and Senna's records.

If Vettel doesn't retire at the end of the season Ferrari should fire him. He doesn't have the mental fortitude to win anymore. He winning with the Scuderia is just a pipe dream.

2. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

I don't rate Sainz very highly myself.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #203 paulchua, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    It's clear to me, and many here that you hate Hamilton. I respect your passion and loyalty.

From everything I've seen and read about Hamilton; it would appear that his feelings are not mutual toward you. On the contrary, he would love to fight for *you* daytona355.

Let me explain.

I may be wrong, as there are those here that are much more learned then I when it comes to F1. So I not only am open to correction but encourage it if I am wrong.

Hamilton Loves fans that hate him like you because he appreciates your 'love' and 'passion.'

Even though he drives for Mercedes, he's always been a "Ferrari Fan."

Is this lip service? Well, Hamilton loves Ferrari cars, enough to visit Maranello.

So much so that he buys many of them

Hamilton loved and worked with a notable Ferrari Champion and called him many times his 'hero.'

He respects and pays emotional tribute to the most well known Ferrari champion.

Hamilton's dream is to drive for Ferrari

So yes, you can hate him, denigrate him, believe he is the anti-christ. Just keep in mind he feels the exact opposite toward you, and the team both you and me root for.

Maybe in a strange way, that's why he has been so successful.

Of course, I do not know the man personally.

I may be wrong.

He might not really like Lauda/Michael, he might just buy Ferrari for investments, visit Maranello by accident, mention his desire to drive for Ferrari as just a negotiating tactic, hate all Ferrari fans, and goes as far as lying about being a fan himself.

cairns, Mark(study) and ATBNM3 like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    And yet, after all that, I still think he’s a tool..... go figure right? ;) ;)

Please note, the views expressed in my posts do not reflect nor imply that they are the views of FChat itself, nor it’s affiliates. The opinions are those of myself, and are a personal reflection.

crinoid and paulchua like this.
  5. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #205 paulchua, Jun 24, 2019
    Which is absolutely fine and within your right to do so.

daytona355 and ATBNM3 like this.
  6. JStone414

JStone414 Formula 3

Sep 23, 2004
    Gotham
    Full Name:
    Roman Sionis
    Get Daniel or Max over to Ferrari for 2020 please

DF1 likes this.
  7. wazie7262

wazie7262 Formula 3

Feb 13, 2008
    Temecula, CA
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Finlander and LVP488 like this.
  8. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I'd add that the team has been even worse than the car - it began in 2008, when they were not bad enough to lose the manufacturer's championship but managed to screw up Massa's attempt at the title.

9. cairns

cairns Formula Junior

Nov 13, 2003
    Potomac MD
    Full Name:
    George Williams
    All I will say to Vettel is: "Bye Felicia!"

ATBNM3 likes this.
  10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I would be interested where you get that from... the last I read is that there was no particular interest by him to dress in red outside the red carpet....

daytona355 likes this.
  11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #211 paulchua, Jun 24, 2019
    It's not exactly a secret. He's been very open about his dream to drive for Ferrari for years now.

You can find countless quotes of him saying so. Here is one from none other then Sky Sports.

As I said in the past, he might be lying. I cannot read minds, possible all his Ferrari love is all an elaborate rouse to have Mercedes pay him more.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

ATBNM3 likes this.
  12. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Interesting... the last thing I read from him is that he is completely happy with Mercedes and that he does not feel the desire to drive for Ferrari. He was talking about the great marque Mercedes is and that he is part of the long history... that does not sound like he is flirting with Ferrari at all....
    Furthermore I do not see why he would change an almost garanteed winning car against the risk destroying his reputation by failing at Ferrari just as Alonso and Vettel did. He can´t be that naive to thing the same thing can not happen to him as well

13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    He's a big fan of Ferrari, I mean, how can you be a race car driver and not be? I do not know of one. That said, you're correct, he's not going to move to Ferrari today or next season.

The future? Who knows?

The way I see it is much like other sports, stars can 'move'

LeBron James to Miami then the Lakers (Basketball)
    Wayne Gretzky to LA Kings (Hockey)
    Christiano Renaldo to Real Madrid (Football)

I mean Nikki Lauda died as a Silver Arrower, yet Ferrari made sure to pay respects #CiaoNiki

Feel free to hate whoever drivers, teams, you want. Love whoever drivers, teams you want. Just realize, when you're a Tifosi, the biggest enemy may all of a sudden be your best friend and vice versa.

14. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I am not die hard Ferrari fan so I will not like Lewis just becuse he is coming to Ferrari... I doubt that it will change his personality so he will become a red unllikable person instead of a Silver one ;)
    But for the die hard Ferrari fans it might be actually good when he comes over... with the amount of luck he had in his career I am sure all of the sudden Ferrari will get everything right and built a car not even the strategists can make fail ;)

stavura, daytona355 and DF1 like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You are welcome to hate him, wish upon him death, all of the world's ill fortune. Just make sure you don't do that to another member here. (and not saying *you* did, just reminding everyone, not just you)

Cheers

P.S. I agree about Ferrari Strategists...haha

16. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

hammy has been lucky to be in the right car at all times. He is a great driver. but not the greatest in my opinion.

stavura, daytona355 and P.Singhof like this.
  17. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I neither hate him (therefore he is not important enough for my life) nore anybody else here, not to mention wishing anybodies death....

18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Well said my friend.

daytona355 likes this.
  19. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I don't know about you, but personally, I don't believe most of the rumours printed in the press.

When people are pressed during an interview, they would say anything just to get the journalist off their back.

Most of the quotes are in fact PR, to please the interested parties.

As for Hamilton switching to Ferrari, I will only believe it the day I see it.

But why a winning driver in a successful team would want to go to a dysfunctional outfit that hasn't won a championship for now 13 years?

It could only be for money, because his chance of success would be much reduced; just ask Alonso and Vettel about their experience at the Scuderia !!

Mercedes pays Hamilton very well ...

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I think you speak much truth here. I believe both facets can be correct. Hamilton could at the same time just be being politically correct for his career AND be Ferrari fan. I personally do think he is not lying when he flatters SF. I humbly admit this is just my subjective opinion and cannot be conclusively proven as fact.

ATBNM3 likes this.
  21. Finlander

Finlander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 12, 2012
    Sunshine State
    It’s possible he would want to go to Ferrari for the challenge. To silence the doubters. To be able to say, he was a champion with Ferrari when other previous champions couldn’t.

It’s risky but that’s what some of the greats do...they take that risk and possibly become an even bigger star...expand their legacy.

I’m no Hamilton fan, but I’d respect him for walking away from mercedes and taking that challenge.

jcurry likes this.
  22. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
  23. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Report button smashed for a vulgar and ugly post.... wishful thinking on the part of the poster, absolute disgust on the part of tifosi everywhere :)

Now, then, anyone offended by this post needs to understand that this is humour, a joke, and I didn’t set out to hurt anyone’s feelings, only to have a joke, so don’t go bashing the report button and pretending to be slitting your wrists over it.

Please note that the views expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect nor imply that they are those of FChat or its affiliates. They are personal reflections only

kes7u, stavura and Jakuzzi like this.
  24. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Why does Fangio not count?

Nuvolari, Jakuzzi and daytona355 like this.
  25. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Because he does not know better...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Jakuzzi likes this.