LaFerrari by Demuro | FerrariChat

LaFerrari by Demuro

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by FerrariFR33458, Jun 18, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFR33458

FerrariFR33458 Formula 3

Aug 4, 2017
    Wash DC Area
    Full Name:
    FR33
  2. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    I actually watched this last night. Solid review and fairly entertaining. Just wish Doug was more of a "driver" but I guess that's what we have Chris H. and Randy P. for.

dustman and crinoid like this.
  3. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Something he got wrong about this car was the engraving on the steering wheel "David SK Lee" being like that from the factory. Also the temperature controls were in Celsius because the car used to be owned by Robert Herjavec in Canada. US LaFs have temp controls in Fahrenheit.

Caeruleus11, joe sackey and MirageJHU like this.
  4. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Was that the worst thing he got wrong you reckon?
    He said that unless you plug it in, you only have the ICE power available (800 CV), which is clearly erroneous, as the battery is also charged by the internal combustion engine and the MGU-K (braking). That was the worst. The 2nd worst was when he said that the opening engine hood is just the glass cover. He never saw the one below I guess..

Image Unavailable, Please Login

I like that Demuro bloke, but he is clueless and cannot drive one bit.

PS: The owner of the car didn't seem more educated either...

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah I didn't get why he wasn't understanding that glass was not the engine cover. The diagram he pointed out on how to open the engine cover looked nothing like the glass. Guess he didn't connect the dots...

6. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    I hate being pedantic, but he must have missed some uni classes... :D

7. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    The owner buys cars for his ego & to make money off showcasing them with his business. I haven't watched this yet largely in part of the chance he spouts more nonsense about his collection.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Agreed. The owner has very little interest in the cars other than using it as a marketing tool for his business. On one hand, it's good bc it means he shows the cars and do not keep them hidden, but the more you read his Insta or his videos, the more you feel all he cares is to promote his business.

LamboLover likes this.
  9. LamboLover

LamboLover F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    He literally made 4 posts about this video within a 24 hour period, all about its views and Doug score.

10. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    US ferraris have the temperature in whatever you want them to have. Just go in the settings.
    Same for miles vs km.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    It's not a button with a digital display like the Range Rover Velar. It's a regular plastic dial with stamped on numbers. 13:50 mark in the video.

12. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Indeed, my bad!

13. Andial

Andial Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2016
    Those few mistakes I noted ruined the whole video for me, but the things you pointed out are more important. David Lee is appealing to the Gen Z crowd at the expense of his image. He's the only owner to put himself in one of Doug's videos in order to justify his behaviour.

REALZEUS likes this.