FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄ | Page 21 | FerrariChat

FORMULA 1 MYWORLD GROSSER PREIS VON ÖSTERREICH 2019: RACE ▄▀▄▀ SPOILERS ▀▄▀▄

Discussion in 'F1' started by SPEEDCORE, Jun 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Understood, but you are basing this on the premise that Vettel did something wrong in Canada; which he did not in my humble opinion. :)

2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    FROM Hamilton.... yes; ON Hamilton..... NEVER. MAX would have gotten a penalty and probably a one race ban if the made the move ON Hamilton. Sad but true.

The championship has been predetermined and LH44 will win it at all cost.

o

3. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    True, but LH44 does not mind having a couple of championships with obvious * behind them. ;) The record books only show numbers and no the real story behind the numbers :(.

daytona355 likes this.
  4. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    I agree. Seb made a mistake and made an impressive save and maintained the lead. Max was going to win, no doubt, and didn’t need to make that move to get the win, Charles fought back though and I guess him not conceding the position justified Max bumping him off the track.

Oengus and Jakuzzi like this.
  5. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I concur with you Sir. :)

6. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    As if Bernie was still running F1......... ;)

7. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Max got away with that one ,that was similar to several ones in years gone by,against Vettel etc.

Anyhow if it's fair in love and war ,until someone gets poked in the eye eh.

Green light for Kvyat to attack torpedo style again ?

ricksb and 375+ like this.
  8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Max has mastered the wheel-to-wheel-bump-and-run and he uses it to great effect. I remember that he used it on Kimi last season. Max ran Charles wide and gave him a bump--game over. The irony is that he would have passed Charles anyway.

9. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The inconsistent application of "da rulz" is making F1 look scripted.

The penalty that gave Ham the win in (British Commonwealth) Canada.
    The "racing incident" that let Max win in Austria.

I wonder how they'll make a Haas win at the USGP. :p

Phil~, daytona355 and werewolf like this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Hehehehe, wishful thinking, they’d have to disqualify three quarters of the grid, and even then, grosjean would probably find a way to spin out before the end!

lagunacc and Bas like this.
  11. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
  12. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Nortonious likes this.
  13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I liked Binottos interview after the race, when sky did their usual trick of trying to bait ferrari. He stood tall and said it like it is.... ‘if the stewards follow the rules that they quoted and relied on in Canada, Max loses the race and Leclerc gets the place back, that is Ferrari’s understanding’, and the FIA have allowed the stewards to make up another decision today. It’s about time Ferrari turned around and said buono sera and left the series for a few races until the FIA realise they will lose half it’s support if ferrari aren’t there, and the tv companies won’t be as interested in showing the processions much more

14. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    Max didn't bump Charles off the track. Max took the inside line and Charles knew he had nowhere to go but off the track, so he stayed there and allowed the contact and then cried foul. Max had the line and every right to use all the road. He never turned his wheel towards Max. Charles should have manned up and said it was a racing incident and he should congratulated Max on his win when they got out of their cars. Being a cry baby is something I would have expected from Vettel and Lewis. I thought Charles would have been better than that.

Jack-the-lad, Bas and RobertJRB like this.
  15. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    so its a contact sport now...........

lagunacc, ingegnere and werewolf like this.
  16. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I thought CL was quite gracious about it, more than I would have been. Suggest you look again at the overhead view, MV was nowhere near the apex and was undoubtebly edging CL to the outside, left him no room and ran into CL.

lagunacc, Phil~, 635CSI and 1 other person like this.
  17. Jacob Potts

Jacob Potts Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2008
    Pueblo, CO
    Full Name:
    Jacob Potts
    Peter Windsor on The Incident>

18. Timmmmmmmmmmy

Timmmmmmmmmmy F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2010
    NZ
    Full Name:
    Timothy Russell
    Agreed but this was one of the best races in ages and yet Max pushing Charles off track was no different to Lewis claiming Seb pushed him off track in Canada. Yet here we are with Max winning and Lewis also winning so hows that for consistency. As many have said Lewis will win at all costs and cried foul in Canada, I don't wonder if Max pushed Lewis off track, Max would have been punished severely.

fil, TonyL and daytona355 like this.
  19. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    Props to Max. After the anti-stall on the start I thought he was toast. Great racecraft and wheel-to-wheel racing, he was like a sniper picking off targets in front of him. Pass on LEC was fair Max had the racing line and would have beat him regardless on the fresher tires. LEC put up a good challenge but once Max was in 2nd the outcome was obvious.

20. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Totally agree, less of the brattish attitude from Verstappen.

21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Pure class from Zac

Thecadster and subirg like this.
  22. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    You are absolutely correct that the FIA shot themselves in the foot with Canada. It shouldn't have been a penalty then just like it shouldn't be a penalty now.

GPDA and FIA should sit together before the race at Silverstone and voice exactly what is needed. I say more racing like this, a bit like indycar.

daytona355 and Timmmmmmmmmmy like this.
  23. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    The big difference between Red Bull and SF (Ferrari) is that SF attract media attention like bees to a honey pot. Leclerc seems to be a very mature guy and he is acutely aware of the media attention coming his way and micro analysis of his every move. Verstappen doesn't (more the underdog)

Verstappen can be gun ho in his attitude, he really has nothing to lose, neither does the team at the moment so they can take the risk. Again it was tyres that set the pace or SF were in conservation mode for fuel. If the latter then we haven't really moved on from 1988 when Honda (McLaren) dominated F1

SF on the other hand do, and Binotto I am sure has set out guidelines to be squeaky clean.

F1 cars are not built for hard racing as many suggest as there suspensions will attest, if we are heading for the Verstappen style of racing then make them out of steel and lets go racing so long as every driver can do it. Somehow i think he will squeal like a pig when it happens to him

daytona355 and kandi like this.
  24. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Haha!

The stewards have yet another opportunity to shaft Ferrari, and they take it! At least Max is the beneficiary, and not Ham. Poor Charles again, though.

I'm doing much better now, thanks. Literally and truly forgot there was a race yesterday. :)

daytona355 likes this.