599 GTB to GTO Cosmetic Conversion | FerrariChat

599 GTB to GTO Cosmetic Conversion

Discussion in '612/599' started by diplo526, Jun 16, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. diplo526

diplo526 Karting

Jun 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Sundip Kumar
    Hey guys,

new to the car and am looking to convert the look of the car to GTO, I've seen it done before but wanted to see if there is any input here that I may be missing. The major components for the look I'll need I think are the following.

All being a direct swap*
    -Front Bumper
    -Front Hood
    -Rear Bumper
    -Rear Undertray
    -Rear Trunk
    -Side Skirts
    *alongside all the little components that go with the aforementioned install.

From what I can see the fenders, quarters, doors, front headlights ,taillights are all the same, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Any input is appreciated and I promise not to badge the car GTO.

2. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    My personal advice : a gtb is a gtb, a gto is a gto. Do not change anything !

3. [gTr]

[gTr] Formula 3

Mar 11, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    I too agree and you will not recover any money when you go to sell it. In fact it will probably make your car less desirable. For Ferraris originality matters.
    If you still want to do it, there are members here who have made these modifications to their cars including adding the GTO exhaust system. Do a search and you will find all the details.

4. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The GTO grille and wheels look great on a GTB, without trying to camouflage what she is. Factory parts, too.

Modena_2003, LightGuy, dc348 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kiwi599

Kiwi599 Rookie

Mar 6, 2019
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ian
    I thought my original standard 599 GTB looked like an old mans car. So without pretending to be a GTO I purchased a Vorsteiner kit from the original moulds, a set of Savini custom built wheels, a GTO grille off here, upgraded the paint and painted the roof black, black bonnet stripe and tinted the windows. I have fallen back in love with my car. Well worth it, and no one thinks I’m a pretender with a wannabe GTO.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Zaza

Zaza Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2017
    Brittany & Indonesia
    Full Name:
    Xavier
    Sorry, I prefer my "old man's car" ! ( but that's personal )
    Any problem of adjustment, your bonnet quite far from your bumper or I missed something ?

7. Kiwi599

Kiwi599 Rookie

Mar 6, 2019
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Ian
    The sports look isn’t for everyone I guess. The bonnet is carbon fibre and fits perfectly. The gap is the rubber strip on the underside.

8. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    AWESOME!

Kiwi599 likes this.