Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread | Page 68 | FerrariChat

Ferrari SF90 Stradale : picture and news thread

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by maha, May 29, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
  2. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    yes for sure!!!!!
    But the black paint is wasted on the roof. The whole car should be covered with that gorgeous Grigio Ferro paint!

4. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    Possibly, but it seems like the roof line has been designed to be in a contrasting colour. I'll have to play around with the configurator a little (or a lot!) longer to make a decision on that. It'll also become easier once we see photos of early customer cars in alternate specs.

By the way, has anyone heard when deliveries are expected to start?

Bundy and of2worlds like this.
  5. kandi

kandi Formula 3

Jun 27, 2014
  6. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    You do realize who you are arguing with don’t you?

paulchua likes this.
  7. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    No, is noone1 in the industry?

Not being sarcastic: is he an Agnelli or perhaps part of the Isa Al Khalifa family? Perhaps this is a case I should shut up and listen instead being confused at his bold assertions.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Nope. Not in the industry. Hates cars. Doesn’t own any exotics. Hasn’t owned an exotic in years. Has no intention to buy an exotic.

But he loves car forums.

9. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    For some reason anyone who was on my ignore list I’m able to see again. I don’t know what I clicked- and I’m too lazy to go and fire up the ignore list again but I figured I’d just save you the trouble of not arguing with someone who frankly thinks that cars are boring and not worth buying.

paulchua likes this.
  10. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I always felt a tinge of malicious kibitzing in his posts.

Now mind you, owning any exotic (or any car for that matter) is never a litmus test for active participation and welcome fellowship at Fchat.

I do find it odd that there seemed to be an excessive amount of, how shall we say, negative bias to the marque in his posts.
    The attitude does take a particular mindset. Let me expound.

While I may not be a Toyota Corolla enthusiast, I would challenge myself to admit that self-reflection is needed if I found myself spending much of my time on CorollaForum.com explaining to those folks all the negative aspects of their passion, and all the ways a Honda Civic or say a Nissan Sentra is better. Made all the more odd, that I own neither, and drive a Yaris.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #1687 paulchua, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Wow, that is very odd.

@noone1, is your interest then in the topic part of some other pragmatic situation? Perhaps you are working on other projects where discussion of these cars are a necessary aspect.. Is it true you have no personal interest in cars (that's fine) and believe these cars are boring? (fine as well.)

I look forward to understanding your situation, the last thing I would want is to assume you are a troll that revels in being the yin to the Ferrari yang. (when that is not really the case)

12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Owning a particular exotic or sports car is by no means a prerequisite to participation. Anyone can have an opinion as participate in said discussion.

But when that opining becomes excessive and for lack of a better word forceful, you would think that opining comes from actual experience of owning said vehicle. Any similar vehicle. Or have a desire to purchaee one. Or plans to do so in the future. Not so in this case.

13. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Except on this occasion Ferrari did give a very detailed and exact measurement - they claimed SF90 finished a lap 64 metres ahead of the LaF. That is very specific and indicates a very accurate timing.

stavura, jpalmito and paulchua like this.
  14. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Sadly, we've seen this situation many times before here A couple familiar users comes to mind.

SoCal to az likes this.
  15. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    It's a lie.
    My evidence?

(sound of wind blowing in the air)

In seriousness. Say it is 'slower' then the LaF, the true question is by how much? Given the LaF has a what a market price of 3M, and say the SF90's MSRP is 600K. That's 1/5 the price. Our friend however is not impressed. I mean, being the most powerful not-limited edition production car in history is not enough.

It being significantly cheaper in price was also not to be applauded.

*Most Poweful Production Cars in the world
    Car HP Price
    Jesko ~1,700 - 3M 125 units capped
    Regera ~1,500 - 2M 80 units capped
    Chiron ~1,500 - 3M 500 units capped
    Valkyrie ~1,100 - 3M 150 units capped
    SF90 1,000 - 600K "non-limited edition"

Just a thought on Koenigsegg, I am no where near blessed enough to be even able to contemplate owning one, so I speak out of turn here. With that disclaimer, I would be very cautious if I did have said funds. They have made only 100 or so cars so far in 25 years, all I can say is if you think getting maintenance done on you Ferrari is 'tricky'

The Chiron at least has the backing of VW, but with an annual maintenance cost of $20,000.... Aston Martin is on their what? 6th owner?

17. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Completely agree ,
    To summarize, it's internet hype against real facts.

Aston Martin is the new lotus ( bahar like) and others are so small they aren't really on the radar either.

paulchua likes this.
  18. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah, and I'm sure they ran it on 2013 Pzero Corsas too, right?

But you agree they're lying about all times in the past, but this one is different, right? 11 of the top 13 lap times end in .50 or .00. Give me a break. This is marketing ******** for those who don't know any better.

I'd love to see them test the 812 Superfast next to a Pista LOL. Show me a single lap time where the 812 is even quicker than a 488, let alone a Pista...

19. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    As I've already said, new Vanquish is next on my list.

You don't see me wondering why you have $1M in normal cars instead of just buying a 918 that's 1) higher performance than all your cars 2) sounds better than all your cars 3) better investment than all your cars 4) top come off.

You buy what you like and I'll buy what I like. Currently I don't really like anything.

20. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    stavura, of2worlds and TSOYBELIS like this.
  21. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
  22. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    #1699 jpalmito, Jul 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Front and side views of this car are just fantastic,
    Rear is weird and need to be seen in 3D as previously said by someone .
    On some pictures rear looks like a "Lego " car ..

jamesdouglas1436 likes this.
  23. Maximus1977

Maximus1977 Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2016