Informative youtube videos | FerrariChat

Informative youtube videos

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robf91, Jun 26, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robf91

robf91 Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    robert F
    Hey everyone, so my fiance just finished making this video on the 250 GTO. What do you guys think? We would love some input.

2. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Good production value and the audio is spot on. Kudos

3. robf91

robf91 Rookie

Nov 2, 2018
    Full Name:
    robert F
    Thanks, We are hoping to make a series out of it. Nobody really dives into the history of a lot of the cars. Most people that review cars, it seems they point out the "4 exhaust pipes" (when they are pointing to exhaust tips) or just generally don't know anything about the cars. hopefully it will take off.

Fireman1291 likes this.
  4. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Trust me, I get it. I've been running my YouTube channel since 2012. Your production value is on point!

5. Steinhart

Steinhart Formula Junior

May 21, 2019
    Scottsdale, AZ, USA
    very informative, like you said, other channels don't provide that much depth, I think especially Ferrari cars make an interesting subject, you can also consider do the same with Porsche, great job!

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    #6 BMW.SauberF1Team, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    I think it's very well done. Audio and visual quality are excellent. What is the video's main medium to view going to be? Dedicated YouTube channel to have subscribers and build it that way or is it just going to be uploaded/hosted on YouTube and embedded on a separate website or on some other streaming service?

For an individual YouTube creator channel it's excellent quality and I have not really much to suggest other than maybe make the videos 10 minutes in length...seems to be a sweet spot for me when viewing a video. 20 minutes is too hard to keep my attention and 5 is too short.

If you're going for a more professional content location for the video like a website or other service, I think the length is fine as it's not the main purpose of a website (I'd guess). For that scenario, I'd suggest reshooting scenes from the beginning if there is something that is not able to be corrected 100% in editing. i.e. at 1:05 in the video and elsewhere there is an obvious break in filming with resplice and no change in camera position. For YouTube creator videos it's fine and more personal/selfmade but for a website or something I think it wouldn't look as professional. Nothing necessarily wrong with that style of editing, but I think it fits YouTube more like that.

Edit: I know you guys are talking about YT in a few posts, but I mention other places since Sheehan and Ferraris-online are mentioned in the video and that has its own well known site.