My first ever Ferrari has arrived, 2019 488 GTB [updated] now 458 Speciale. | FerrariChat

My first ever Ferrari has arrived, 2019 488 GTB [updated] now 458 Speciale.

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by sampelligrino, Jul 10, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Flew up to SF for a half day to meet my old man and we both viewed the car together for the first time yesterday, she's finally arrived. Just over the moon, everything turned out great for my first spec/first Ferrari. Feel fortunate and blessed that I was able to get to this point with a lot of hard work, especially this year

Had my dealer toss the OEM battery and put in an Odyssey as well as the Ti bolts, love the look with the titanio color and titanium exhaust tips

The 488 may be maligned by some and everyone sure is entitled to their opinion, mine is this isn't a gateway car for me, or a car to get into the dealer's good graces etc... I didn't want a 458, I didn't want a F8, I wanted this bella macchina

The wait will continue as the car will get the now typical full force field stuff over the next 2-3 weeks, then I'll fly up again to break her in driving down from SF to LA. Can't wait and the goal God willing is to get the depreciation going via mileage, I can afford the car and I can afford it

Forza Ferrari
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Bhh

Bhh Rookie

Dec 5, 2014
    Manhattan
    Beautiful color...Enjoy!

VAF84 and sampelligrino like this.
  3. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Perfect 488 color combination made even more delicious with those plain (no contrast stripe) race seats! Congrats, you now have a beautiful Ferrari.
    Almost forgot, those excellent silver calipers !!!

Il Co-Pilota and sampelligrino like this.
  4. klinkman

klinkman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2018
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Bellissimo. Enjoy it! I loved my 488.
    Argento over traditionale?
    What typical force field stuff are you having done and where are you doing it?

sampelligrino likes this.
  5. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    So beautiful!! Congratulations!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Grazie mille!!

Thanks & will do my friend. She's titanio over cuoio. Sigh.... (lol) I'm have the full paint correction/prep done, then full clear bra wrap (still deciding between Suntek or Xpel), then ceramic coating on the car/wheels/calipers, and Huper Optik 60 ceramic tint all around to reduce some heat but keep the OEM look. Kris from Myko designs is coordinating it with Jason from Carwerkz, both are reputable from fellow enthusiasts and based in Fremont

Was even thinking of some sort of windshield protection like Clearplex as I got bent over for the Ti bolts and battery and can only imagine the damage for an OEM windshield replacement, but still on the fence there as I stay far back from cars now having cracked my GT3 windshield

Chizz, ca_scud, of2worlds and 2 others like this.
  7. JohnTz

JohnTz Karting

Jun 21, 2018
    Inverness, IL
    Full Name:
    John Tz
    Well done. Gorgeous car. Enjoy it in good health.

8. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    So happy for you!!!! I know you have been waiting for a awhile. Congrats!!!

Il Co-Pilota and sampelligrino like this.
  9. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    #9 boobernackle, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    I can tell this is your first spec'ed Ferrari, let us know how that dashboard glare works out on your front windshield (been there, done that).

Apart from that, you'll enjoy the heck out of it, amazing car and I'm sure you're an amazing person too! Congrats all around!

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  10. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    Thanks bro. I can be a stubborn SOB, some warned me about it but come hell or high water I was not going for a Nero upper dash. Would have bagged the car instead. full cuoio is what spoke to me on silver/grey, and I wasn't going to settle

F2003-GA, dmark1, Texas2step and 2 others like this.
  11. boobernackle

boobernackle Formula Junior

May 28, 2016
    It's your car and you'll be glad you spec'ed it to your desire long term.

Never settle. Just get used to the car dimensions behind the wheel, spam your suspension lifter up, even when you may not think you'll need it, if so equipped.

Setup your rear view mirror to tilt down on reverse and stay away from silicone based cleaning products (Ceramic rotors).

ca_scud, of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  12. nycbrose

nycbrose Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Pacific Northwest
    Congrats! Beautiful beautiful car!

13. Love the silver calipers.

of2worlds and sampelligrino like this.
  14. PistaGuyAZ

PistaGuyAZ Karting

Apr 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan Woon
    Congrats! You're going to love it!

15. FordGTDriver

FordGTDriver Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2007
    Very nicely done, and a true work of art. Easily one of the most beautiful specs I've seen. That, Sir, is a car you could easily keep forever. May you enjoy every mile you put on it, and may there be many, many of said miles. :)

16. Terrence

Terrence Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2004
    Hawaii/LA
    Full Name:
    Terrence
    Good for you! It’s a car, not a painting. Years from now, we will relish and talk about the journeys we have had with the car, not the years we have owned one.

By the way, what’s the advantage of an Odyssey battery?

Congrats again.

17. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    Beauty!
    Congrats
    I can feel the stoke from here
    Enjoy in good heath

18. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    yellow was a close second for a minute but I'm with you, came out awesome

Totally agree & thanks, can't wait to get on the road and drive this thing!!

Re the Odyssey, it's just an aftermarket battery (like Interstate etc) that I am hoping proves to be more reliable and bug proof than the OEM battery that comes with the car. There are a couple threads on here now about the electrical issues that these cars can have, whether on the tender or not etc and I'm just trying to nip anything I can in the bud and be proactive. I just hope to avoid being "that Ferrari owner" & stranded at the Target parking lot, or valet at a restaurant etc....

Mahalo my man. Eager to see your Pista spec and perhaps catch it on the roads back home in the future

C50 likes this.
  19. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
  20. sampelligrino

sampelligrino Formula 3

Apr 16, 2017
    #20 sampelligrino, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    I told you on IG dude, your spec was one of the inspirations for mine! Although I don’t want to be inspired by your stunning 812 for the next go around

Bundy likes this.
  21. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    LOL! Yeah, the 812 spec is pretty dangerous from a financial perspective on a regular production anything!

I actually like your 488 interior even better than what I spec’d. Well done & congratulations!

sampelligrino and of2worlds like this.
  22. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Great looking ride. And to get to share the experience with your dad, very cool. Congrats and enjoy...T

23. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    Congratulations! Enjoy in excellent health!!

24. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
  25. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006