Testarossa hand brake is stuck | FerrariChat

Testarossa hand brake is stuck

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sohailrashid, Jul 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sohailrashid

sohailrashid Karting

Jun 18, 2005
    San Jose California
    Full Name:
    testacalvo
    The car has been in the garage since October. I had the major service done and drove for a couple of weeks and then put it away for the winter. I started the car today and it started right away except the hand brake won't go down. I tried to rock it a bit but to no avail - it will not disengage.

Any ideas of how to fix it?

Thanks

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #2 turbo-joe, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
    so you used the handbrake all the time when not driving? never do this ! ! !
    you feel that when you pull or loosen the handbrake level that the wires are working? if so then you may knock with a hammer on a piece of wood directly on the drums, may be it will get loosen. if not then put in 1st gear and try several times to get the car moving with the engine.
    if you not feel the wires working then I think they are rusty and not go back by the springs inside the drums

3. sohailrashid

sohailrashid Karting

Jun 18, 2005
    San Jose California
    Full Name:
    testacalvo
    Thanks, it worked. I didn't know how to get to the drum without removing the wheels so I put it in first gear and tried several times to get the car to move with the engine and it disengaged. Now its time for a sunday drive. Thanks again.

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Don't forget to put on the P-brake when you get back. ;-)

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    when now it is loose then use the handbrake several ( 2 or 3 ) times when slow driving that the rust inside the drum will get removed

6. sohailrashid

sohailrashid Karting

Jun 18, 2005
    San Jose California
    Full Name:
    testacalvo
    Good advice. I'll do that. thanks