Testarossa Price Trends | Page 118 | FerrariChat

Testarossa Price Trends

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Mr.Chairman, Dec 9, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Youre picking one up soon? Hope its a mint single mirror in red/tan with 16” wheel conversion or originals plus sweet aftermarket wheels, one owner, less than 20k miles for $100k! Haha. I cant wait to see what you come up with!

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Trust me I will get much better than this... just wait... a little longer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xplodee likes this.
  3. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    Capitalism- People are free to ask whatever they want for their product. Either people buy it, or they don't sell it. FIne.

But some of these dealers are just comical with their prices. Are they just waiting for a moron to call? Just spotted this:

https://www.ferrariofwashington.com/used-Washington+DC-1991-Ferrari-Testarossa-Base-ZFFSG17A9M0089017

But what really made me laugh was the tagline frmo whatever software package they are using, "Only 1 left!" WIth only 1 left they should be charging double their price.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Couldn’t agree more!

5. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yes that is quite a nice price. I wonder how they came up with that. More importantly why would you even waste your time with that absurd of a price that makes no sense in the market place. I guess they can’t read either as all they have to do is go to hagerty to get a quick reference. They are just telling the world that they are a completely incompetent dealer who likes to sell way over priced cars. That’s not a good trait to be known for you are a dealer. I guess that’s how dealers got their nickname stealer. Always enjoyable to watch these morons fumble with selling a car.

6. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    It’s a really good deal right now if someone buys Parnelli’s car. But definitely the trs are a great deal right now. Best time to buy one for sure unless you want to wait for them to increase a bit more lol.

blkdiablo33 likes this.
  7. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The white euro BaT TR is now for sale at blackwaterregistry.com

8. Natkingcolebasket69

At a stupid price and false advertisement; they claim original miles whilst bat auctions said they couldn’t be verified...

9. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al

I believe that car has extremely low miles ~ 1100 which “may” support the asking price.

Personally, I don’t care much for garage queens (although mine probably probably has half the mileage of yours since I’m only at 38k miles on an 1989 model).

Why do people save the love of their life for the next guy to enjoy?

Freeeeeze - Miami Nice!

10. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  11. Natkingcolebasket69

What’s interesting is that the car auctions that did well this year BJ and now this one really are not venues for those cars. I don’t get how and why ppl pay that much for a car that u can just find on Autotrader at a better price. Do these ppl make their due diligence at all?

12. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Perhaps their due diligence is looking up listings and seeing all the ridiculous asking prices. Compared to those, this sold for a deal haha.

13. Zeff

Zeff Formula Junior

Oct 8, 2018
    Cupertino, Ca
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Yeah I think there is a lot of that that goes on. The tr market requires a bit more insight than just looking at listings for sale. One dealer I know who regularly buys from auctions bases some of his purchase info that way which would be incorrect obviously.

14. MOSS

MOSS Formula 3

Apr 28, 2004
    One thing for sure, a thread that last 9 years and ongoing really shows the paranoia with Testarossa owners. I don't
    have time to watch this like a stock you day trade. If its time to sell or buy I look at the market and proceed. If I am a
    owner and its in the collection, who cares and I think most of the participants are in that category. If you look at enough
    of these comments it truly looks like a stock forum.

Shamile and xplodee like this.
  15. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    For me with only one exotic car, its just fun to chat with like-minded people about the car we love.

turbo-joe likes this.
  16. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    MS250, xplodee, Zeff and 2 others like this.
  17. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile
    Damn! I thought I had the high mile Testarossa at 71, 500.

Congrats on your willingness to use the car....as a car.

Shamile

Freeze....Miami Vice!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18. Natkingcolebasket69

Got be—that or alcohol!;)

19. Natkingcolebasket69

Amazing!! That’s how it should be!

turbo-joe and Shamile like this.
  20. Natkingcolebasket69

So the BAT fantasy junction car finally sold. 105k is my understanding. I went to see the car and although it was in good shape definitely not as nice as they said service wise. No
    Major since 2015, never had alternator change, no fusebox upgrade... some bills in the waiting. I believe the person who bought their car had just bought a 328gts from them.
    Some pics attached Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what means this ?

22. xplodee

xplodee Formula 3

Jan 3, 2017
    Allentown, PA
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Means once you buy it, you will have repair bills coming your way to fix/maintain it because the maintenance has been deferred.

turbo-joe likes this.
  23. gbutler

gbutler Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2005
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Glenn Butler
    As cross reference, below is some info I posted as a response to the 87 TR valuation thread

Here’s some real world info. I helped Automotive International (a ferrarichat site sponsor) get their dealer license back in November of last year and so far in 2019 I have sold 4 Testarossa’s - and have a white/tan car incoming. Also, I judge flat 12’s with FCA at the national meet and Cavallino and personally owned a 99 point car, so I like to think I have a decent idea of what constitutes a platinum level car or not!

1985 euro spec 90k Klm car red / tan needed a major (long story on that issue with this car) SOLD for 75k
    1991 red / tan 18k mile Platinum level original paint car with very fresh major service SOLD for 125k
    1990 red/tan 5k mile Platinum level original paint car needing major service SOLD for 125k
    1991 red / tan 18k mile Platinum level original paint car with major last done in 2016 SOLD for 92k - this was a wholesale deal for a good client - Before I bought for my client an authorized Ferrari dealer offered 85k trade in.

I also recently sold a platinum level 512 BBi so have a really good idea of real world pricing in that market as well

rob, Zeff and Shamile like this.
  24. Natkingcolebasket69

My info are also real world... I keep a spreadsheet of all the sales on bat,eBay, private party, dealer and that member share with us.
    U are validating those numbers; we have over 60 cars now in the spreadsheet wich yields an average selling price (not asking) of 100k and 25k miles.
    Happy to share with u.

xplodee and Shamile like this.
  25. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I find it funny that this is considered high mile after 33 yrs.

The real description should be , here is a real mileage testarossa that never had the Speedo disconnected

Stefan328gts, sherrillt and turbo-joe like this.