Ferrari F8 Tributo | Page 86 | FerrariChat

Ferrari F8 Tributo

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ferrari 308 GTB, Feb 28, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    In Canada absolutely no discounts and no options simply thrown in.

2. Heynowbababooey

Feb 17, 2018
    Thank you. I’m in the U.S.

3. SoCal to az

SoCal to az F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    no discounts with Ferrari on new builds. If they have a car on inventory- depends on the car and it doesnt hurt to ask.

I saw an EVO for the first time in the flesh this weekend. Man did they lay an egg on that car. People are talking about the rear end of the f8- the EVO has to have the worst rear end Ive ever seen in my life. Even the sales guy admitted they are having a hard time selling the car cause of its looks.

The Performante is epic. Looks awesome in every way. the Evo- Jesus! What the hell were they thinking.

alibo70, Coincid and IPO1 like this.
  4. Heynowbababooey

Feb 17, 2018
    You are spot on. Evo is awful. I walked away from the deal. Performante is a thing of beauty. And the interior.. all alcantara and carbon fiber. Wow. Wish Ferrari stepped up their interiors. So boring.

Coincid likes this.
  5. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    An F8 speciale oh man. That will be unreal.

6. Dicecal

Dicecal Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 15, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Rob

Different strokes for different folks. One of the reasons I gravitate towards Ferrari is I prefer their styling and interiors, I prefer it over the other brands. You can load up your Ferrari interior with carbon fiber and Alcantara as well, I prefer copious amount of dead cow.

7. lamborarri

lamborarri Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2015
    I went to spec my SVJ Roadster with the AD team, they offered me to drive the EVO. The car was smooth as silk, no emotions, robust, perfect daily. It’s honda Civic and Prius of the supercar world.

However, the new infotament system sucks big time. It’s unusable during driving.

8. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    I can’t comment on the drive as I haven’t driven one. But I thought it was supposed to be a performance without a wing. Looked totally different. Just bad.

9. Surfah

Surfah F1 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    That Ipad looking screen on the center console looks like a fingerprint magnet. Bet it's distracting as hell when driving.

10. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    Yes it is. The car I test drove was full of it. I’m sure this is not the right away to do and they don’t really give a solid haptic feedback. I think Porsche way is better.

11. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    That’s what I thought before I drove it as well. Performante is more raw, got more supercar feel to it.

IPO1, Coincid and SoCal to az like this.
  12. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Thats a shame. Lambos to me are supposed to be raw. Ive never owned one although Ive wanted to due to my size. Im 6'4" and lambos just aint made for tall guys like me. But ever since I was a kid- Ive loved lambos. Sad to hear they ruined it with the Evo. I thought it was only the looks they screwed up.

IPO1 and lamborarri like this.
  13. lamborarri

Nov 15, 2015
    The same here. That’s why Im still getting the SVJ even though I didn’t really 100% sure about the car. The way lambo and other manufacturers heading are similar, getting softer, more capable, etc. I think very soon in the future we will start missing this and older generations of cars.

14. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    They will just put the SF90 engine in an F8, give it some styling changes and there you go!

15. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    I've been thinking long and hard about adding Perf as I want the sound and emotion. Nothing else on the horizon (certainly not the Evo which I drove last weekend) do it for me (well SVJ would, but out of my price point). Pista not happening; F8 is interesting, but not ready for the bath on backside (or wait); McLaren, been there done that with 720; that pretty much leaves Lambo (I loved my 610-4 many years ago). We'll see...

SoCal to az likes this.
  16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    That F8 Tributo is a seriously beautiful car, I cannot wait to see the Spider version as I think the Spider's tend to be even more resolved, more beautiful.
    With a 700hp+ Pista-like engine, that is one potent package.
    I just wish the sound can be reliably improved without compromising warranty.

17. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Except there is that whole emissions thing they have to deal with.....don’t be surprised if the f8 pista doesn’t happen. V6 little brother hybrid coming-

18. Heynowbababooey

Feb 17, 2018
    Agree on the F8. Losing 100k+ to buy brand new for a couple years of enjoyment just isn’t what it used to be for me. I’d rather have the money to invest to make more. Maybe I’m just older and stingier than before.

19. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    What’s wrong with EVO?

20. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    It’s ass

stavura and Jo Sta7 like this.
  21. IPO1

IPO1 F1 Rookie

Dec 23, 2015
    And the Perf looks 100x in person. To ME the Evo (which I drove and obviously saw) looks like a 580-2. Does absolutely zero for me. YMMV.

Also seems more 'tame' than Perf...even though same engine.

There is a reason dealers are having an issue moving them...

Jo Sta7 and SoCal to az like this.
  22. SoCal to az

Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2012
    Arizona
    Perf looks bad ass. Evo? Ass.

Yes discounts can be readily had on an Evo. This car will not soo well. 300k for this piece of crap?? No thanks!

lamborarri, Jo Sta7 and IPO1 like this.
  23. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Socal you’re brutal! Lol

Ash Patel and SoCal to az like this.