812 Spider | Page 11 | FerrariChat

812 Spider

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by MalibuGuy, Sep 22, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    I think thats not a fact. Thats a guess. Because they have at the beginning and at the end of September a meeting. I have not idea. But I think at 02. September they show the F8 Tributo Spider. But I am pretty sure they present not both cars with the customers together. And for the F8 Tributo Spider I have an invitation. But also not a date.

2. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    The dealers already received a list for the potential buyers for the new 812 “spider” (the call it now
    812 limited edition / 812 RHT)

For the 812 spider I have an Invitation from my dealer for 7 September at the factory. The told me that the F8 spider will be there as well on 13 September.

Il Co-Pilota, of2worlds and Sushistar like this.
  3. titanium430isback

titanium430isback Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    unveiling is sept 5

uhn2000 likes this.
  4. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Is it like the SF90 that it will be 3 days?

5. titanium430isback

titanium430isback Formula Junior

Oct 12, 2010
    don't think so , was told and confirmed for the 5th but who knows with ferrari

6. Art_collector

Art_collector Karting

Jul 13, 2019
    Me was told that i can have a look at it on the 7th (partners are allowed this time). I was also on the list of Ferrari that was send to the dealer, so I order the car directly.

This week i will visit the dealer and will ask him about the 5th.

of2worlds likes this.
  7. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    UK is 2 and 3 Sept, 100pc

JagShergill, deltona and of2worlds like this.
  8. hs355

hs355 Karting

Feb 1, 2014
    I have read a “save the date” for 3 Sept from a German dealer, telling a “new Derivate” of the V12 family will be presented on occasion of “universe ferrari”.

Stradalelover likes this.
  9. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    I got an invite for 812 spider on 2nd Sept.

Sushistar, deltona and of2worlds like this.
  10. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    You're likely lucky :D

KenU likes this.
  11. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    That's now a fact.

Sushistar likes this.
  12. JackCongo

JackCongo Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I got mine for September 8!

of2worlds likes this.
  13. BaronM69

BaronM69 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2005
    Washington DC / FR
    Any US person got their invite already?

14. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Spoken to two US dealers, and so far neither has any knowledge of it!

BaronM69 likes this.
  15. ajr550

ajr550 Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2014
    UK and Caribbean
    Full Name:
    Andrew Roberts
    Probably done by region.
    I had an invite for 2 Sept (UK) but am not really into convertibles so passed.

JagShergill likes this.
  16. Sushistar

Sushistar Karting

Jan 20, 2018
    Berlin
    I wish I could say this. Congratulation.

F2003-GA likes this.
  17. deltona

deltona Formula 3

Aug 7, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Justin
    My invite also confirmed today for 2nd Sepetmber (UK Client).

I wonder if we'll see the car annouced online before?

JagShergill likes this.
  18. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Anyone got a sense on :

1. Any engine mods

2. Pricing (UK)

On latter a good spec 812 is currently £350k, assume Spider (am told called GTS but maybe wrong as that’s a Targa designation) will be £425k, anyone expect Ferrari to get punchier on pricing than that ?

3. Wonder how much weight they will have to add to stop the wobbles that even affect the mid engine stuff.

19. davide b

davide b Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2007
    montecarlo
    Full Name:
    davide
    40k€ more of standard 812 approx

F2003-GA and of2worlds like this.
  20. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Cheap then

KenU likes this.
  21. KarlA69

KarlA69 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Karl
    I spoke to my UK based dealer today. As noted above, invites are out for the Sept launch event. While the car won't be strictly limited numbers, he thinks total production will be similar to Pista Spyder. He mentioned if you aren't invited to the event you have very little chance of getting the car.

Disappointing for someone like me who got their hopes up (a little) when I heard it was not a limited (by number) production run. I have only bought one new F car (Portofino) so have no chance... in Ferrari's eyes I am the equivalent of something unpleasant stuck to the bottom of one's (fine Italian leather) boot...!

Sushistar likes this.
  22. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I really hope that's supposed to be funny. That's simply reading way too much into it and taking things way too personal.

They make a low volume car, and they have a lot of potential clients. They have to start somewhere and why not start with the clients that has spent the most time and money with the brand? It has nothing to do with you being something unpleasant in Ferraris eyes, that's simply not true. Just because you don't qualify for this particular car at this time, does it not mean your dealer and Ferrari does not value you as a customer.

Ferrari wants their clients to be part of a culture and the brand, and they "reward" this. Having a Ferrari in the garage is not exactly the same as being heavily involved. Doing events, taking Corse Pilota, driving the Challenge series etc. that's what it's about. The clients with several cars that participate in the events, are first and foremost the clients they look at, and that makes perfect sense.

klinkman likes this.
  23. JagShergill

JagShergill Formula 3

Dec 31, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Jag shergill
    Confirmed

24. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #274 Lukeylikey, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
    Had a conversation today, first informing me that my TM 812 is delayed, probably until October and definitely a 2020 MY (very disappointed but what can you do? Dealer is working hard to try and sort it to arrive as soon as possible but c’est la vie).

Following some comments about GPF on fchat earlier, plus some information I gleaned from Rennlist - I have just bought a 991.2 GT3RS - I asked about any changes for 2020 other than GPF and it sounds like there are some significant ones. Cue ‘ITB’s’. On Rennlist I was interested to learn that there is a 991.3 (effectively) which is the 991.2 with GPF and Individual Throttle Bodies. Rather than decry this, they have a different thought. Sure, GPF can take away from sound, but there are ways for the manufacturer to get around that. The good news is that GPF comes with ITBs, which bring the very valuable benefit of even more immediate throttle response on full and partial throttle - very handy for an RS, and also handy, IMV for an 812.

So back to my chat. My dealer seemed to confirm that the 2020 812 comes with ITBs and additional software to make sure that performance is improved - though not sure exactly what. While GPFs are not ideal, it remains to be seen whether the news is all bad or if in fact there are ‘swings and roundabouts’ involved here. The link below gives a good explanation of the benefits of ITBs.

stavura, F2003-GA, R J and 4 others like this.
  25. PA Wolfpacker

PA Wolfpacker Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2007
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Neil
    My dealer in the US confirms it will not be a limited production car and I can order one. I have purchased 3 new Fcars but all were V8s.
    Based on this it seems there will not be many restrictions on your ability to order the car.

maximilien and of2worlds like this.