The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The good news is, mid engine Ferrari's are safe (C8 Vette)

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Fireman1291, Jul 9, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i may not like it.
    you may not like it.
    but, they will sell thousands and thousands of these

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Wait till you see what I do with mine. I pay no attention to idiots who write about cars.

dustman, C50, Boomhauer and 2 others like this.
  3. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    Hope you start with the back end.

4. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I was at the Ferrari Racing Days at the Nürburgring last weekend and saw a camouflaged exotic on the backroads twice. From the Jalopnik pictures it's now clear to me that it was the new Corvette. With the white and black 'wallpaper' camouflage it was hard to tell how the details look, but the overall shape I think is quite nice. At first I thought it was maybe a Ferrari 488 derivative or a Lotus.

5. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    The order guides were just put on the Corvette forum, at least that what it appears to be. They look about right to me.

6. RudyP

RudyP Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Toy barn?

7. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
  8. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Knowing you'll mod it right gives me hope. I hope you start a thread here...

9. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    If the price starts in the 60s they will sell tons of these. Good looking or not, thats a lot of fun for a lot less than any Ferrari, even used when you factor in insurance and maintenance.

Theres a ton of vettes here in Vegas and these cars are not bought for the same reasons Ferraris are.

daytona355 likes this.
  10. Fireman1291

Fireman1291 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2017
    Tampa, FL
    Full Name:
    Adam
    For a decent spec'd model at sub 80K with a DCT… I'd buy one just to beat up and track.

dustman likes this.
  11. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    With the exodus of the Stingray, it seems GM has not been able to hire anyone who could design a decent looking rear end for the Corvette. It would appear that the C8 is no exception. Ponderous is a word GM needs to remove from its lexicon.

12. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    If they sell them without interior, just a driver seat I'm good for one

13. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I guess another thing that makes me different, I see every car as what it could be not what it is, because to me they are all wanting for something right out of the box. As far as the moron who said he would not sell a corvette to you because of your age, he would have lost his job that day if he said that to me, he obviously should be selling produce, not cars.

VAF84 and Boomhauer like this.
  14. DefunctNeurons

DefunctNeurons Formula Junior

May 15, 2018
    Alpharetta, GA
    Full Name:
    Trevor
    I’m in agreement with the round tails being a Vette design element that needs to return. But that also goes double for the new Ferrari SF90 Stradale! What were they thinking?

BLACK HORSE and BOKE like this.
  15. vrsurgeon

vrsurgeon F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Full Name:
    Curt
    Every reputation is made, every cliche has a basis. It's why I'd never make it as a Corvette salesman myself:

I would presume that anyone who appears to be under the age of 50 is there for a joyride... and most actual buyers have grey hair. (how accurate an assumption would this be?)

16. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    Maybe the salesman was just joking? Regardless, he still made a 458 sale that day.

This thing will have great sales if it's priced right. The performance will be there. Hopefully they make a manual.

VAF84 likes this.
  17. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    Well the age comment may have been a little tongue in cheek but it is the reality with regard to the age of Corvette owners . The Corvette is so iconic that this may be the boost it needs . There's a lot of difference in a 100k sticker and a 300k sticker.

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I think we buy Ferrari’s to enjoy often, but look at lots, whereas with a vette, you can drive it ALL the time, park it anywhere, instant power in every circumstance without having Think about the he last time, or the next time, it needs a service, and looks very special. Finally, the cost of a new one isn’t even the same as a pre-owned Ferrari! That’s where the vette for me is a winner, it looks so much more than it maybe is, and it’s good that it does. I’m a bit reluctant looking the pictures I’ve seen to say the C8 will comtinue with the ethos, but I bet it does, and they will send thousands and make a good profit from them.

19. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I see everything that way. My friends say im no fun.

Boomhauer and daytona355 like this.
  20. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Maybe you should run for office!

anunakki likes this.
  21. Martymar8

Martymar8 Rookie

Apr 24, 2019
    It looks like it’s too hot in the factory and the car is melting. But, every mid-life crisis 60-year-old redneck will be standing in line and sell their Harley to get one, then vetts will do what vetts do best..... depreciate like a BOSS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  22. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This redneck bought his Vette at 31 and still has it....and I could sell it today for the same price I bought it for. What a jackass comment.

DGPF, Booker, LI2782 and 2 others like this.
  23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I'm going to have to disagree there. I've become pretty interested in Corvette's lately. The C6 peaked my attention, the C7 became a vehicle I cross shopped my F430 with, and depending on the C8 I may just end up owning one. Point is, I've looked around and aside from the initial depreciation hit any car would get running off the lot, it appears to hold it's value well relative to it's sales price. I wouldn't say it's too different from the more "mass produced" Ferrari's. The percent depreciation may not be far off, it just seems that way because of the difference in the initial sales price.

DefunctNeurons likes this.
  24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The Corvette is the best bang for the buck car ever built. Slag it all you want, but it will leave any ferrari (short the million plus ones) gasping for air. And even that considered, they are not to far behined.

That said, I took a 2019 vette apart for mods, and as you would expect, it comes apart the same way a cavalier does. Its was disappointing in that respect. However, all that went away after the road test. It was indeed a monster, and very much a performance car.

Nuvolari and I'm 360 Canuck like this.
  25. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I'm watching the introduction. So far they're trying mightily to analogize the new corvette with........the moon landing! Puhleeeeeeeeeeezzzz.:rolleyes:

Buy a corvette and you can be an astronaut too!

I'm 360 Canuck and TomAZ like this.