488 - Bianco Fuji Pista delayed and Rosso TRS | FerrariChat

488 Bianco Fuji Pista delayed and Rosso TRS

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by nice, Jul 22, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Hello, I received a call from my dealer today. He advised Ferrari was slow to deliver my pista because of backorder issues with the bianco fuji color. The odd thing is the other triple layer white, benaco Italia, does not have any delays. Has anyone heard something similar?

I wanted a white car with a stripe. Ferrari will only paint the nart on a white pista if it has triple layer color.

I’ve started to think about alternate color. I’m thinking about Rosso TSR. I asked my dealer about the color but he had never seen it nor knew the paint code. Does anyone here have the paint code for Rosso TRS? Are you aware of this is a triple layer color?

I’de love tell Ferrari to bump me to a spider instead and I’ll take an easy color, but I doubt that will happen.

Thanks in advance for the feedback

2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    This whole back order due to colour has me questioning what is the real reason.

I don't think its the paint same as the Portofino red delay issues. I believe its more to do with getting cars built for the GPF required countries before the end of 2019.

If you changed the colour will they guarantee you time ETA.

3. johnr265

johnr265 Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2010
    Mid-Atlantic
    I think Rosso TRS is a 4 layer. Check out recent Pista Spider thread:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/488-pista-spider-picture-thread.582673/page-27

4. jomana

jomana Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2004
    Isn't Bianco Fuji is 3 layer color ?!

5. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    If you are in Scottsdale, go take a look at my Pista Spider. It will be at the dealer for another week

bwshihtzu likes this.
  6. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Who knows when it comes to delays. I have been given a reason by my dealer for a TM 812 delay but have they really told him the reason? My car has been ordered since the VIP unveiling in February 2017. New date October 19. I might actually get to three years since I first said ‘yes’ to the car. I now have three others on order and an invite to the 812 Spider launch! You start to lose interest after a while.

What gets irritating is hearing of other markets, usually US, where cars get supplied well inside a year.

7. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    I appreciate the offer but am currently in CA. Your car was what got me intrigued with TRS. I’m a big fan of unique colors.

8. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Our 812 is delayed because of Rosso Maranello. Apparently there are 4 color that cause a 6-14 month delay:

-Rosso F1 2007
    -Rosso Maranello
    -Rosso Monza
    -Bianco Fuji

That is from a FerrariNA rep.

9. Akellums

Akellums Karting

Nov 8, 2011
    Modesto California
    I was told the same thing about ordering a white car with a stripe. Originally I wanted Bianco Avus with a NART stripe. placed the order and then was told a few weeks later by the dealer that Ferrari would not paint a stripe on a Bianco Avus car (never was told exactly why). However; if I upgraded to the Bianco Italia or Bianco Fuji it could be done at close to a $30K premium. However; I found someone on Instagram who has several Bianco Avus cars, is getting not only a Pista coupe in Bianco Avus with a stripe but also a Spider. I guess this guy has a ton of clout with Ferrari...? Hopefully my Grigio Scuro Pista will be arriving shortly! :) Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    Hmmm, I wonder if there are a lot of restrictions on the stripes. I am hoping for something unique on the Pista ordering shortly.

11. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    My original Pista spec was Bianco Avus as well but told that stripes were a no-go. Something about the factory having problems with the stripe bleeding or something to that effect specifically on the Bianco Avus paint. Would have to go Bianco Fuji but then I wouldn't have a car until end of this year. Thankfully I switched to Rosso Corsa and I received my car a few weeks ago.

12. nice

nice Karting

Feb 17, 2016
    Scottsdale/So Cal
    Did they tell you what was causing this delay? Sounds like switching the F1 2007 will not help

NeilF8888 likes this.
  13. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    No, nothing more than that. Was on the fence of swapping colors but then saw a Rosso Maranello Jose in the sun and any wait will be worth it.

14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Rosso Maranello Jose?

15. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal